ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite Bingeable/ Weekly Show Right Now…

1883 wrapped up its 10 episode series. This show is a f@ckmasterpiece.

Beautiful and gut wrenching depiction of what settlers in great Northwest had to endure.

Reactions: MoreCowbellRU
1883 wrapped up its 10 episode series. This show is a f@ckmasterpiece.

Beautiful and gut wrenching depiction of what settlers in great Northwest had to endure.
Hoping to watch episode 10 tonight. Show is so good that you forget the two of the main characters are singers.

Also, I’ve been binging a captivating(and horrifying) YouTube channel
Soft White Underbelly.
I have been watching a few of these, but it feels a bit manipulative to me. For some of these people, the guy gives them money under the pretense that he is helping them get out of their situation, but he must know that it it going straight to drugs/alcohol/pimps etc. Very hard to watch at times.

Reactions: Jm0513
I have been watching a few of these, but it feels a bit manipulative to me. For some of these people, the guy gives them money under the pretense that he is helping them get out of their situation, but he must know that it it going straight to drugs/alcohol/pimps etc. Very hard to watch at times.
It is very difficult to watch. Listening to some of their stories and childhood trauma really is heartbreaking.
I often find myself wondering what would have become of them if they didn’t have a horrendous upbringing??
Did you watch the Whittaker’s episode? Wow

OT- He needs to get an interview chair that doesn’t turn.. the addicts high moving the whole time drives me nuts!

Reactions: famousbill19
It is very difficult to watch. Listening to some of their stories and childhood trauma really is heartbreaking.
I often find myself wondering what would have become of them if they didn’t have a horrendous upbringing??
Did you watch the Whittaker’s episode? Wow

OT- He needs to get an interview chair that doesn’t turn.. the addicts high moving the whole time drives me nuts!
The thumbnail alone has scared me away from the Whittaker videos, though it keeps popping up on my timeline.

Another bingeable YouTuber that I would include in this thread is Bald & Bankrupt. Terrific travel blogger, especially with what is going on in Ukraine.

There is a weekly show on CBS called "Ghosts", a comedy.

If you like that.. you can binge 3 short-seasons of BBC "Ghosts" on HBOMAX app. While the shows are very similar, there are enough differences where you will not ruin the american version by watching the BBC version. I tend to like Brit humor.. also found in Aussie shows too.

The fifth and final season of THE LAST KINGDOM on Netflix dropped on Wednesday. I’m halfway done and I’d put a Ric Flair: WOOOOOOOOOO GIF up on this post if I knew how to do so… So far it’s great TV with lots of good WTF moments.

If you never saw this, watch from the beginning. The payoff is worth the binge!!!

• Love
Reactions: RULoyal
woo-yeah.gif

• Haha
Reactions: tico brown
Vikings Valhalla is out. Watched the first 3 episodes yesterday. A different feel from the original series... less time spent on background storyline, but it's been a good watch nonetheless.

I'm a few episodes in. It's good so far, but I miss Lagatha.

I was picking-up Euphoria buzz online so I downloaded it
Quickly discovered its just trash
Its like something MTV would make with Bob Guccione

Reactions: Jm0513
The fifth and final season of THE LAST KINGDOM on Netflix dropped on Wednesday. I’m halfway done and I’d put a Ric Flair: WOOOOOOOOOO GIF up on this post if I knew how to do so… So far it’s great TV with lots of good WTF moments.

If you never saw this, watch from the beginning. The payoff is worth the binge!!!
Saw the last of THE LAST KINGDOM. NO SPOILERS but even though they may have spread the poetic license a wee bit too thick at the end, great open ended finale to a great show. It will make you WHOA a few times.

Uhtred is one of the most tortured souls in TV history with all what he went through. But a great character nonetheless.

Well worth the binge.

Reactions: Morrischiano
Saw the last of THE LAST KINGDOM. NO SPOILERS but even though they may have spread the poetic license a wee bit too thick at the end, great open ended finale to a great show. It will make you WHOA a few times.

Uhtred is one of the most tortured souls in TV history with all what he went through. But a great character nonetheless.

Well worth the binge.
i still need to start the last season. glad to hear that you're happy with it. i was looking forward to the last season of The Expanse and wasn't satisfied with the ending at all.

“Pistol” on Hulu. It’s a drama that charts the short-lived run of the Sex Pistols. Even if you have no interest in punk music, it’s still worth a watch. Created and directed by Danny Boyle who also directed Trainspotting, Slumdog Millionaire, and 127 Hours.

Trying to catch up on THE BOYS, starting from scratch.

HOLY 💩💩💩💩!!!!! So far, So good!!!!

Agree with all of the last 3.. Peaky Blinders, The Boys, Lincoln lawyer.. would add.. some new, some new seasons/episodes...

The Baby
The Man Who Fell to Earth
Barry
For All Mankind
Stranger Things
Becoming Elizabeth (heard good things but have not seen an episode yet.. Elizabeth I.. historical.. right up my alley)

And pretty soon these two should have new seasons/episodes..
Mythic Quest
Only Murders in the Building
Ozark (last 4 episodes should begin in July. first 5 of its last season already available)

And, maybe if you like the first episodes... otherwise subject matter may not make it right for you...

I Love That for You
Gentleman Jack (which may have outlasted its appeal)

I just re-binge watched Humans on Amazon Prime. It’s one of my all-time favorite series, but I forgot how really good it is.

Now I am watching Vikings Valhalla on Netflix.

Finally watched and finished Peaky Blinders. Loved it. Cillian Murphy was great as Tommy. Can’t wait for the movie. Any recommendations of similar type shows? I am a history buff and love these period shows that touch on reality.

Last edited:
Reactions: MadRU
Finished season 1 of Vikings Valhalla on Netflix. Good continuation from the original Vikings series, 100 years later.

Started watching Inventing Anna on Netflix. Starring the actress that played Ruth on Ozark

I second Reacher and the first book wasn't even my favorite. It was a good, my wife and I binged this one and we never do that. Look forward to the next books being done as I think they are much better material to work with.
Reacher jumped the shark like halfway through the season.... Omg that was terrible at the end. Just got worse and worse after a promising start

ADVERTISEMENT