ADVERTISEMENT

OT: First baseball game cancelled due to Covid.

Lol what Sweden is in the top 6 per capita in deaths per country. And in top 4 of conutiries with over 100,000 people.
NJ has 3x deaths per capital than Sweden: why the lol? You’re laughing because we have a worse track record here in NJ? I’m stating facts facts facts. Their curve looks like the NY and NJ curves but way less deaths per capita. Again, facts.

and I said I don’t know if they were right or wrong I’m just stating the facts.

Last edited:
NJ has 3x deaths per capital than Sweden: why the lol? You’re laughing because we have a worse track record here in NJ? I’m stating facts facts facts. Their curve looks like the NY and NJ curves but way less deaths per capita. Again, facts.

and I said I don’t know if they were right or wrong I’m just stating the facts.
Why are you comparing two of the most dense places on earth, which are huge international travel hubs, to a place that receives light travel, has low population density, and most people live by themselves? Do you compare athletic spending at Ohio State and Fairleigh Dickinson per student because that what your comparison is apt to.

Why are you comparing two of the most dense places on earth, which are huge international travel hubs, to a place that receives light travel, has low population density, and most people live by themselves? Do you compare athletic spending at Ohio State and Fairleigh Dickinson per student because that what your comparison is apt to.
Don't confuse him.

Reactions: Greg2020

While you're at it, don't compare other countries to the USA

This was tied to the flight from Atlanta to Philly. One club person one flight worker who delayed takeoff to remove them yet they didn't change planes.
We're going to need a translation here, as well as a source on this already reached determination.

We're going to need a translation here, as well as a source on this already reached determination.
Google is your friend. Use it.

We were OK, too, with those same Marlins sitting on a bus on a tarmac in Atlanta at the end of last week, on their way to Philadelphia, having been told their flight was delayed because a flight attendant and a team official had tested positive for the virus. The flight crew would have to be swapped out, and then they’d be on their way, as if this were normal, as if we actually knew a way to contain this thing, and then they’d be expected to be as good at baseball as they’ve ever been.

We were OK, too, with those same Marlins sitting on a bus on a tarmac in Atlanta at the end of last week, on their way to Philadelphia, having been told their flight was delayed because a flight attendant and a team official had tested positive for the virus. The flight crew would have to be swapped out, and then they’d be on their way, as if this were normal, as if we actually knew a way to contain this thing, and then they’d be expected to be as good at baseball as they’ve ever been.
And thoughtful consideration is your friend. Don't be afraid of it. Embrace it.

This is what I figured. Speculation. I'll wait to see if they successfully trace it, which isn't a certainty. Even this speculation points to a Miami team official, who, you know, works in Miami. I'm not an infectious disease expert, but I think that a Miami official on a plane in Atlanta doesn't end the tracing in Atlanta. Maybe, just maybe, they'd trace that Miami official back to where she/he came from and see what they find. Maybe.

Let's wait.

Google is definitely not our friend

Reactions: Joey Bags
And thoughtful consideration is your friend. Don't be afraid of it. Embrace it.

This is what I figured. Speculation. I'll wait to see if they successfully trace it, which isn't a certainty. Even this speculation points to a Miami team official, who, you know, works in Miami. I'm not an infectious disease expert, but I think that a Miami official on a plane in Atlanta doesn't end the tracing in Atlanta. Maybe, just maybe, they'd trace that Miami official back to where she/he came from and see what they find. Maybe.

Let's wait.
It's not speculation. This was a story from Yahoo sports.
They have traced it to the Miami non player infecting the players while in contact in Atlanta. Where he got I have no idea. Never said he got it anywhere.

It's not speculation. This was a story from Yahoo sports.
I hesitate to respond because it's hard to believe that you mean this. . . . . . . OK, done hesistating.

If you're saying that you're not speculating that those words that you copied were written in a Yahoo article, well then congratulations. You have not speculated. You copied very well. Of course, none of that has anything to do with your announcement that there has been a determination that the infections of the Miami players has been traced to Atlanta, not Florida.

Even the words that you now choose to copy don't say that. Not even close, and they sort of suggest otherwise.

Setting all those discussion-ending points aside, the words that you now choose to copy are not attributed to a medical or scientific expert or to anyone who's done any sort of investigation or tracing. It's just a dude. A columnist. Someone who's not even a reporter who might actually report something said or determined by someone who's qualified or has done the work. It's dude, whose expertise is writing columns on baseball. He would have done just as well as to cite you. Then you could cite him.

I'm going to have to agree with Proud. Google is not your friend.

Ah the internet.

I hesitate to respond because it's hard to believe that you mean this. . . . . . . OK, done hesistating.

If you're saying that you're not speculating that those words that you copied were written in a Yahoo article, well then congratulations. You have not speculated. You copied very well. Of course, none of that has anything to do with your announcement that there has been a determination that the infections of the Miami players has been traced to Atlanta, not Florida.

Even the words that you now choose to copy don't say that. Not even close, and they sort of suggest otherwise.

Setting all those discussion-ending points aside, the words that you now choose to copy are not attributed to a medical or scientific expert or to anyone who's done any sort of investigation or tracing. It's just a dude. A columnist. Someone who's not even a reporter who might actually report something said or determined by someone who's qualified or has done the work. It's dude, whose expertise is writing columns on baseball. He would have done just as well as to cite you. Then you could cite him.

I'm going to have to agree with Proud. Google is not your friend.

Ah the internet.
Do you understand how tracing works? Or do you don't believe in accurate tracing??

Do you understand how tracing works? Or do you don't believe in accurate tracing??
Of couse I know how tracing works, and I'm as steadfastly dedicated to being accurate as you obviously are. Here are the tracing rules, in their proper order from the official Tracing Manual, which is issued to all people who go on message boards:

1. Rule #1: Review article from dude on Yahoo Sports.
  2. Rule #2: If he mentions someone from Miami on a plane in Atlanta, it came from Atlanta.
  3. Rule #3: Make your message board announcement.
Everybody knows those rules.

Of couse I know how tracing works, and I'm as steadfastly dedicated to being accurate as you obviously are. Here are the tracing rules, in their proper order from the official Tracing Manual, which is issued to all people who go on message boards:

2. Rule #2: If he mentions someone from Miami on a plane in Atlanta, it came from Atlanta.
I guess you missed the part about the team bus. No wonder you can't figure out Google. 4 more Marlins tested positive. Now up to 17.

Deep Breaths work well when the frustration starts to set in.

I guess you missed the part about the team bus. No wonder you can't figure out Google. 4 more Marlins tested positive. Now up to 17.
Oh yes, the bus. The dude from Yahoo mentioned the bus. He says that the guys from Miami were on a bus in Atlanta before they got on a plane in Atlanta. That makes all difference. As does the fact that more guys from Miami tested positive. Fortunately, the official Tracing Manual has additional rules that cover these game-chaning facts. I'm sure you already know these, but I'll post them for those who haven't been as careful on this subject:
  4. Rule #4: If dude from Yahoo Sports says that someone from Miami was also on a bus in Atlanta, it's super definitely from Atlanta.
  5. Rule #5: If more Miami players test postive, then Holy Schneikees is it from Atlanta.
Good update.

Reactions: czxqa
If 17 Marlins have tested positive ( yes I understand may not only be players), serious question. Even with expanded rosters how are they suppose to field a competitive team if they have to quarantine for any length of time?

If 17 Marlins have tested positive ( yes I understand may not only be players), serious question. Even with expanded rosters how are they suppose to field a competitive team if they have to quarantine for any length of time?

They won't be. They are already having trouble getting players on the 40 man since the taxi squad players aren't on it.

Oh yes, the bus. The dude from Yahoo mentioned the bus. He says that the guys from Miami were on a bus in Atlanta before they got on a plane in Atlanta. That makes all difference. As does the fact that more guys from Miami tested positive. Fortunately, the official Tracing Manual has additional rules that cover these game-chaning facts. I'm sure you already know these, but I'll post them for those who haven't been as careful on this subject:
  4. Rule #4: If dude from Yahoo Sports says that someone from Miami was also on a bus in Atlanta, it's super definitely from Atlanta.
  5. Rule #5: If more Miami players test postive, then Holy Schneikees is it from Atlanta.
Good update.
SMH. Go stick your head in the sand. There are more sources on this but you are too lazy to look! And maybe you should read the rules of tracing again. Because you have no clue.

SMH. Go stick your head in the sand. There are more sources on this but you are too lazy to look! And maybe you should read the rules of tracing again. Because you have no clue.
Finding more sources than the dude on Yahoo Sports who you chose to rely on in your earlier posts? Well, I think I speak for everyone when I say that's not necessary. While a search for addiotional sources would mirror the care that you put into your announcement that it only came from Atlanta, you won't find a more unimpeachable source than dude on Yahoo Sports. Feel free to put down your pencil.

Finding more sources than the dude on Yahoo Sports who you chose to rely on in your earlier posts? Well, I think I speak for everyone when I say that's not necessary. While a search for addiotional sources would mirror the care that you put into your announcement that it only came from Atlanta, you won't find a more unimpeachable source than dude on Yahoo Sports. Feel free to put down your pencil.
Please tell me where the players got it than. You say you understand tracing but clearly you don't. You want to trace every case back to China. That's not how it works.

Tonight's game in Phila.is also off.

May the farce be with you.

Why didn't they just have the two unaffected teams play each other instead of having cancelled games? Why didn't the Yankees just play Baltimore right now? They should be trying to get in as many games as soon as possible and to be flexible.

Please tell me where the players got it than. . .
You're asking me now? I posted that I don't know and suggested it could be Florida, with a question mark. You responded. Remember. You were certain. You announced that it was "Actually Atlanta" and happened "on a plane that was delayed." Now it's a bus that the dude on Yahoo Sports mentioned. But you ignore his mention of a Miami Marlin official (you know, someone who's around the Marlins) already having it.

I'm dead certain that I don't know. The only thing that I'm more dead certain about is that you don't know. Your posts are exhibit one of message board speculation and Google searches morphing into a immovable opinion for which you will fight to the bitter end.

A better idea would be to wait for something official from the MLB or its consultant. Then we can yammer on about whether those conclusions are reliable, which would be only slightly less speculative message board chatter by people who don't know enough and nonetheless announce themselves as tracing experts from their laptop in their bedroom.

Or just keep up this nonsense.

You're asking me now? I posted that I don't know and suggested it could be Florida, with a question mark. You responded. Remember. You were certain. You announced that it was "Actually Atlanta" and happend "on a plane that was delayed." Now it's a bus, just like the dude on Yahoo Sports, your source, said. But for some reason you ignore that even your Yahoo dude mentioned that a Miami Marlin official (you know, someone who's around the Marlins) already had it.

Listen, I'm dead certain that I don't know and started by saying exactly that. The only thing that I'm more dead certain of is that you don't know. Your posts are exhibit one of message board speculation and Google searches morphing into a immovable opinion for which you will fight to the bitter end.

A better idea would be to wait for something official to be announced by MLD or whomever they use. Then we can yammer on about whether those conclusions are reliable, which would be only slightly less speculative message board chatter by people who don't know enough and nonetheless announce themselves as tracing experts from their laptop in their bedroom.

Or just keep up this nonsense.
There's a lot you don't know.

True. What I don't know could barely fit into the Grand Canyon. But I understand that.

You, on the other hand, have no clue how much you don't know. Or where to find it out. And it ain't Yahoo Sports.

True. What I don't know could barely fit into the Grand Canyon. But I understand that.

You, on the other hand, have no clue how much you don't know. Or where to find it out. And it ain't Yahoo Sports.
I use all reliable sources. Not just the internet. Like the one that told me todays Phil's Yanks game was going to get postponed yesterday early afternoon. Part of the reason has become public. There is a lot I don't know everything but the players catching the virus while in Atlanta is something I do know. And they didn't catch it from somebody from Atlanta.

I use all reliable sources. Not just the internet. Like the one that told me todays Phil's Yanks game was going to get postponed yesterday early afternoon. Part of the reason has become public. There is a lot I don't know everything but the players catching the virus while in Atlanta is something I do know. And they didn't catch it from somebody from Atlanta.
OK. Now you and your laptop have a double secret probation source who beats the Dude on Yahoo Sports. Wonderful. You've chosen door number 2: "Keep up the nonsense." Feel free. Sell it elswhere, however, not to me by responding to my posts. I'm not buying today.

OK. Now you and your laptop have a double secret probation source who beats the Dude on Yahoo Sports. Wonderful. You've chosen door number 2: "Keep up the nonsense." Feel free. Sell it elswhere, however, not to me by responding to my posts. I'm not buying today.
No you been buying all day but with zero comprehension. Go sell your attitude somewhere else. You haven't presented one fact. Yet you argue everything. In the end you are the one speculating. Not me.

Tonight's game in Phila.is also off.

May the farce be with you.
Why is this a farce? If I was a Yankee, I would not want to go near the visitor clubhouse right now. Since games 3 and 4 are in NY they should have moved tonight's game there with the Phillies as the home team. With no fans in the stands it would not be an advantage to the Yankees.

No you been buying all day but with zero comprehension. Go sell your attitude somewhere else. You haven't presented one fact. Yet you argue everything. In the end you are the one speculating. Not me.
Oh, I have an attitude, always have. I admit that. It gets triggered by nonsense, and you only got a small peek. Anyway, you've run out of things to say and souces to shift or make secret, and you've developed an ability to write the non-sensical, such as describing my question and admission that "I don't know" as speculation. You're just typing stuff at this point. What a Yahoo . . . . Sports. Best of luck in your tracing.

Last edited:
What a bunch of morons running baseball.
4 months to prepare and multiple games getting cancelled in the first week! My god

Why is this a farce? If I was a Yankee, I would not want to go near the visitor clubhouse right now. Since games 3 and 4 are in NY they should have moved tonight's game there with the Phillies as the home team. With no fans in the stands it would not be an advantage to the Yankees.
Certainly not a farce. I don't know about moving the game. Maybe. But the league might also be concerned about shifting the virus around to other cities. Regardless of what the league does, though, it should have had more concrete plans in place to address the types of things that happen if you reopen a sport during a pandemic with teams traveling under a tight schedule. It's the first weekend and the leauge appears flumoxed. Now, maybe not. But then they need to do some better messaging.

Of course, this may simply be the first example of why restarting baseball isn't possible given what's going on in the country. Circumstance were very different in Korea, right?

So did anyone actually develop flu-like symptoms? Or are they all asymptomatic?

Remember, covid doesn’t cause some sniffles and a small sore throat. Youre either asymptomatic or you get hit by a mack truck.

Why didn't they use Hub Cities like the NHL?

Summarizing an earlier post of mine: in the spring / early-summer when plans were coming together, analysts predicted a summer reprieve from the virus, followed by a fall spike.

With this in mind, and the players’ desire to be with families, MLB kept home cities and freedom to live at home vs isolation (thinking an ease in transmission this summer would permit more travel and leniency), but condensed the season to finish in August so playoffs wouldn’t stretch into fall.

Now we know they needed to prioritize isolation vs timing, because we didn’t get a summer reprieve.

Reactions: Wolv RU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT