ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Giants, Jets are dragging down TV ratings league-wide

These people just like to complain. They will watch it definitely if Rutgers is winning no matter the protest. I would just ignore the protest.

I normally can’t watch an entire game anymore unless I’m attending the game. I rather watch the most exciting game on TV switching channels.
You looking at ”these people" through the lens of someone who obviously doesn't believe in anything. That's why you don't understand.

Ratings are defenetely going down.
I think it’s in the in the players rights to protest. It’s the fans right to not watch. I think all the NFL protest’s are going to hit the owners/players in the pocketbook. Advertising dollars are not going to be what they were.
Another factor with the Giants and the Jets are the PSL’s ( I know it’s been years but...) they had some of the most loyal fans in the NFL. They screwed them pretty good. I don’t think they will ever get that diehard fan base back.

It’s very likely that some Rutgers players and coaches also want to protest against racism, so your Saturdays might become even less busy.

Yeah right . Many of them aren’t going anywhere and will still watch and follow the team. The one guy basically said if all the other teams except rutgers protests he will still watch . But his logic is different for professional sports

Ratings are defenetely going down.
I think it’s in the in the players rights to protest. It’s the fans right to not watch. I think all the NFL protest’s are going to hit the owners/players in the pocketbook. Advertising dollars are not going to be what they were.
Another factor with the Giants and the Jets are the PSL’s ( I know it’s been years but...) they had some of the most loyal fans in the NFL. They screwed them pretty good. I don’t think they will ever get that diehard fan base back.
My wife has a friend who had season tickets for the Giants with her father since the 1950's. When the PSL's came into play they had to ditch their tickets . Too expensive . It's going to get worse in coming years with all sports at most levels . Attendance and viewership will continue to decline protest or not .

My wife has a friend who had season tickets for the Giants with her father since the 1950's. When the PSL's came into play they had to ditch their tickets . Too expensive . It's going to get worse in coming years with all sports at most levels . Attendance and viewership will continue to decline protest or not .
I have a lot of friends Giant and Jet fans.They all dropped their tickets.You have to ask was the money worth it?
Not to mention Codey giving away the farm. At least under the old plan the state got parking revenues.

Maybe they will lower the prices now, I hope so. I would love to attend more NFL games, but they are just too expensive. Go Steelers !!!

Reactions: Greg2020
This is one of the reasons Im not watching. The NFL is supporting this guy who Tim is talking about. Imagine being in this womens position were a guy is getting into a car with your kids after he just assulted you. He has a weapon as well. Picture someone getting into your car with your kids inside after being assulted by that person. He was kidnapping her kid. Good job NFL of supporting this scumbag and remember Kamala is proud of him.

After 9/11, Springsteen released a new album and did numerous shows at Giants Stadium where he was doing a lot of political commentary. He was criticized by people paying for a concert who were there to enjoy themselves. The phrase, "Shut up and sing" was used a lot and he stopped preaching during the concerts. The same goes for sports. People paying to watch a game are there for entertainment, not to listen to or watch social commentary. I'd like the athletes and entertainers to educate themselves on an issue then feel free to express their opinions on their own time, not when paying customers are trying to enjoy themselves.

After 9/11, Springsteen released a new album and did numerous shows at Giants Stadium where he was doing a lot of political commentary. He was criticized by people paying for a concert who were there to enjoy themselves. The phrase, "Shut up and sing" was used a lot and he stopped preaching during the concerts. The same goes for sports. People paying to watch a game are there for entertainment, not to listen to or watch social commentary. I'd like the athletes and entertainers to educate themselves on an issue then feel free to express their opinions on their own time, not when paying customers are trying to enjoy themselves.
%100 correct !

Reactions: Yeah Baby
They definitely speak with the police as well. A lot going on behind the scenes. Enjoy watching HGTV every Sunday!
Thanks but today it is classic R&R music videos and Pirates of the Carib. which just ended. I lost interest in the NFL about 20 years ago. Have not watched a super bowl in its entirety in about 8 years . Oh and I watch This Old House. And when it is nice out the boy and I go outside. Ya know being a father IS much more important ! The NFL not so much ! Have a swell day.

Thanks but today it is classic R&R music videos and Pirates of the Carib. which just ended. I lost interest in the NFL about 20 years ago. Have not watched a super bowl in its entirety in about 8 years . Oh and I watch This Old House. And when it is nice out the boy and I go outside. Ya know being a father IS much more important ! The NFL not so much ! Have a swell day.

lol, old people

Not exactly the same.
Players aren't stopping the game in the middle of a drive to give a 10 minute speech.

Everyone complaining about sports are upset about stuff happening OUTSIDE of the actual game.
Pregame anthem protests, post game press conferences, words on jerseys/floor.

Are seeing words in passing so triggerin
Why are watching that other stuff anyway?

Unless you are addicted to social media like a teenage girl you completely avoid the "social commentary" that is so upsetting to so many.

Imagine not watching your favorite team because some of the players speak out against racism 😂
Nothing that happend with Jacob Blake or Taylor was racist. Nothing. The problem I have is defending these people. Arent you are the one who assumed I was of a certain race because of what I was posting in another thread before. Sad part is you dont even know me or my race but assumed. That is the equivalent of thinking that a certain race commits a lot of crimes. I guess you are not open minded enough to see this.

Not exactly the same.
Players aren't stopping the game in the middle of a drive to give a 10 minute speech.

Everyone complaining about sports are upset about stuff happening OUTSIDE of the actual game.
Pregame anthem protests, post game press conferences, words on jerseys/floor.

Are seeing words in passing so triggerin
Why are watching that other stuff anyway?

Unless you are addicted to social media like a teenage girl you completely avoid the "social commentary" that is so upsetting to so many.
I watch for the name on the front of the jersey, not the one on the back of it. I don't see athletes as role models or hero's rather merely entertainers. I agree, they go on the social justice lecture, my TV remote has buttons and the concession stand has some mighty nice looking pretzels. I refuse to have someone try and lecture their beliefs down my throat because they're good at playing with a ball.

I watch for the name on the front of the jersey, not the one on the back of it. I don't see athletes as role models or hero's rather merely entertainers. I agree, they go on the social justice lecture, my TV remote has buttons and the concession stand has some mighty nice looking pretzels. I refuse to have someone try and lecture their beliefs down my throat because they're good at playing with a ball.
Philly. Pretzel Factory can fill your needs for game day.

Reactions: koleszar
Today NY teams out scored 72-16. You can bet that Chris Ash’s agent is on the phone with Giants and Jets GMs.

Springsteen has ALWAYS been political. That never stopped.

This is one of the reasons Im not watching. The NFL is supporting this guy who Tim is talking about. Imagine being in this womens position were a guy is getting into a car with your kids after he just assulted you. He has a weapon as well. Picture someone getting into your car with your kids inside after being assulted by that person. He was kidnapping her kid. Good job NFL of supporting this scumbag and remember Kamala is proud of him.

I don’t like commenting too much on this stuff because it’s a sensitive topic, we don’t know each other and I’m not a legal expert; however, it is ridiculous that a police officer responding to a domestic dispute would defend use of deadly force by saying he believed he heard the mother allege a kidnapping.

The knife would seem to be more adequate justification, but I have to wonder why the police officer is using the “I didn’t want a kidnapping on my conscious” defense if the knife was a critical factor.

This is why these cases shouldn't be politicized; I have a feeling you will land on the side of the police here no matter what because of a political bias when really 99% of fathers would own a police department following civil suits if they were paralyzed because cops fired after an aggrieved girlfriend shouted something that was perceived to insinuate a kidnapping. Scumbag or not; that’s just not permissible use of deadly force.

Also some points in your version of events don’t appear consistent with what actually happened.

Sports Illustrated reports “the NFL’s biggest ratings issue is that the Jets and Giants stink and people in New York don’t want to watch those games. It doesn’t help the league when two of the worst teams in the league are in the top television market.”

People in NY and N.J. are boycotting the NFL

The last time I went to a Giant game was in 2000 for the divisional playoff against the eagles and then NFC championship against Vikings around the 25 yd line 3rd row. Stood in line and got lucky getting 4 tickets each game about $100 ticket. I don’t think people thought Giants would get to the playoffs.

The next year started seeing Rutgers play for $8 tickets in the end zone. The following year brought season ticket. What’s the cost of a ticket for Giants game?

The last time I went to a Giant game was in 2000 for the divisional playoff against the eagles and then NFC championship against Vikings around the 25 yd line 3rd row. Stood in line and got lucky getting 4 tickets each game about $100 ticket. I don’t think people thought Giants would get to the playoffs.

The next year started seeing Rutgers play for $8 tickets in the end zone. The following year brought season ticket. What’s the cost of a ticket for Giants game?
so you're a fan of whoever has the cheapest tickets?

They definitely speak with the police as well. A lot going on behind the scenes. Enjoy watching HGTV every Sunday!
That is smart. Dividing the country by kneeling during our anthem is not very smart. I’m still watching because I love Football but am 100% against kneeling and 100% for having discussions to help their cause. Stop dividing and the ratings will rise. Stop supporting a group that executes innocent police and the ratings will rise. Be smart.

Nothing that happend with Jacob Blake or Taylor was racist. Nothing. The problem I have is defending these people. Arent you are the one who assumed I was of a certain race because of what I was posting in another thread before. Sad part is you dont even know me or my race but assumed. That is the equivalent of thinking that a certain race commits a lot of crimes. I guess you are not open minded enough to see this.
Preach!

Yes The Giants and jets are historically bad.

But, look at it this way Rutgers has a chance to be the best major Football team in NJ.

All we would need to do is win one game 😈

Reactions: Scarlet83
Yes The Giants and jets are historically bad.

But, look at it this way Rutgers has a chance to be the best major Football team in NJ.

All we would need to do is win one game 😈
The Giants are HISTORICALLY bad ? History shows them winning NFL championships and Super Bowls.

Reactions: Postman_1
The Giants are HISTORICALLY bad ? History shows them winning NFL championships and Super Bowls.

You really think they have a better chance to win an NFL championship or Superbowl this year than getting a really high draft pick?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT