ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Giants, Jets are dragging down TV ratings league-wide

You really think they have a better chance to win an NFL championship or Superbowl this year than getting a really high draft pick?
I am not saying they don't suck this year. They do ! You said they are HISTORICALLY bad which is not true. I think you misspoke . Beyond that nobody has won an NFL championship since before the Super Bowl started.

Yup! for me I am just not watching any NFL football. I have had it with being seeing multimillionaires who have literally had the world on a plate since they were in 8th grade calling my country "systemically racist". These black athletes do not realize how blessed they are to be living in a country that offers them the opportunity to excel and make a small fortune do to their physical gifts. These players make more in a few years than most do in a lifetime. For them to lecture and protest against the country that affords this abuse to them is laughable. I will not watch pro football or support pro football in any way.

I am not saying they don't suck this year. They do ! You said they are HISTORICALLY bad which is not true. I think you misspoke . Beyond that nobody has won an NFL championship since before the Super Bowl started.

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say as in they are having a historically bad year, as this might be one of the worse Giants seasons in history.

Reactions: goru1869
The Giants are HISTORICALLY bad ? History shows them winning NFL championships and Super Bowls.
Think you missed how he meant that... read it as "The Giants are HISTORICALLY bad THIS YEAR (and for a couple years now)" that is.. "they are as bad as they have ever been.. historically".

College football yes . NFL ? You fail !
Ha. Yeah right! So many liars on here and in real life. Everyone claims ratings are tanking. False. Everyone says they aren't watching. Sure they aren't 🙄 Last week was the highest week 3 ever. So enjoy the games today. I won't tell anyone, we'll keep it our secret.
BTW you want to know what is tanking? College football.

Haven’t read the thread but big Giant fan here...former season ticket holder, Super Bowl attendee, away games, etc. Also go far enough back to remember sitting or watching from home some awful teams and football.

But over the last few years, even as far back as the Super Bowl level success...it’s just not there anymore. And doubt it will come back.

I don't care about other teams; I only care about my own team and its players. If Schiano puts players on the field who just protested the national anthem and/or the police, I'll be done with the season. Same thing that happened with the Yankees and Jets. I did get to watch the NY Rangers lose a couple hockey games, which has been the sports highlight of my year.

ok . but why just for just the season? If let’s say the rutgers guys that protest are underclassmen, wouldn’t you wait until they are off the team to support tthe team ? And let’s say one of them come back as an assistant coach or grad assistant , it’s going to mess up your whole rutgers fandom for years .

Haven’t read the thread but big Giant fan here...former season ticket holder, Super Bowl attendee, away games, etc. Also go far enough back to remember sitting or watching from home some awful teams and football.

But over the last few years, even as far back as the Super Bowl level success...it’s just not there anymore. And doubt it will come back.

find a franchise quarterback and the success will follow . Perhaps not the super bowl level . But you can win . Easier said than done

Yup! for me I am just not watching any NFL football. I have had it with being seeing multimillionaires who have literally had the world on a plate since they were in 8th grade calling my country "systemically racist". These black athletes do not realize how blessed they are to be living in a country that offers them the opportunity to excel and make a small fortune do to their physical gifts. These players make more in a few years than most do in a lifetime. For them to lecture and protest against the country that affords this abuse to them is laughable. I will not watch pro football or support pro football in any way.

I haven't watched any games. Sometimes - if I think about it - I will check internet for some scores and highlights. But I'm losing interest even in that. NFL is a poisoned product imo, and I dont have to work at missing it. But there are a lot of people who verbally don't support a league that supports Marxist, cop killing, orgs that want to replace US gov but who still watch. NFL knows they have an audience of junkies and that's why they piss on them.

Curiously, the fight in Giants game highlighted the actual social problem. Rams All-Pro DB walks out on sister of Golden Tate after he got her pregnant. This is the way a lot of these these guys roll. They should put the names of their cast away kids on their helmets .

Speaking of helmet names - punked again

find a franchise quarterback and the success will follow . Perhaps not the super bowl level . But you can win . Easier said than done
That’s not what I’m talking about.

I’m saying regardless of performance my interest has waned enough over time that I didn’t even know who they were playing yesterday or if they were playing at all.

ok . but why just for just the season? If let’s say the rutgers guys that protest are underclassmen, wouldn’t you wait until they are off the team to support tthe team ? And let’s say one of them come back as an assistant coach or grad assistant , it’s going to mess up your whole rutgers fandom for years .
If he can’t reign it in at this level, then yeah, probably for good.

I’ve mentioned before on here about giving up on MLB after the strike. Only went to two games since then...one to the old (and real) Yankee Stadium so my sons could see it and experience it. The other was taking my Dad to CitiField since he can’t drive like that anymore.

Have enjoyed the minors (BlueClaws, Thunder, SI Yankees) many, many times. Usually a few games a season. Which I equate the same level of Rutgers Football.

But it either “change” I’m out of both too.

Same with me. Used to love NFL but they destroyed it with rules to make the fantasy crowd happy. Every new rule is to prevent defense. My fall Sunday's revolved around the NFL. Now it's just one of many options.
Yesterday's games averaged 54 points! That isn't the game I used to love.

Reactions: ashokan
Same with me. Used to love NFL but they destroyed it with rules to make the fantasy crowd happy. Every new rule is to prevent defense. My fall Sunday's revolved around the NFL. Now it's just one of many options.
Ya know, that might be the reason how it started for me too.

Never understood the fascination with the whole fantasy thing. Still don’t.

Reactions: rurichdog
Ya know, that might be the reason how it started for me too.

Never understood the fascination with the whole fantasy thing. Still don’t.
The Calvin Johnson rule and nobody knowing what a catch is and the never ending replays along with was my last straw.

you should watch the giants offense

• Wow
Reactions: rurichdog
This year’s NBA Finals Game 2 ... least watched finals game since they started keeping track. And the two teams are not the J-E-T-S and Giants.

So you mean ...the ratings for fall final games for a season that had a 5-month hiatus are not great?

Shocking.

So you mean ...the ratings for fall final games for a season that had a 5-month hiatus are not great?

Shocking.
So the TV ratings were what you expected, worst ever? With lots of viewers available at home, those TV ratings are abysmal, not “not great”.

Reactions: Caliknight
So the TV ratings were what you expected, worst ever? With lots of viewers available at home, those TV ratings are abysmal, not “not great”.

Pretty much what I'd expect, yeah. Not sure what "lots of viewers available at home" really means. They always plan playoffs for when lots of people are available at home.

Pretty much what I'd expect, yeah. Not sure what "lots of viewers available at home" really means. They always plan playoffs for when lots of people are available at home.
So you don’t think COVID and the rancid political stuff on TV hasn’t boosted available viewership numbers?

If he can’t reign it in at this level, then yeah, probably for good.

I’ve mentioned before on here about giving up on MLB after the strike. Only went to two games since then...one to the old (and real) Yankee Stadium so my sons could see it and experience it. The other was taking my Dad to CitiField since he can’t drive like that anymore.

Have enjoyed the minors (BlueClaws, Thunder, SI Yankees) many, many times. Usually a few games a season. Which I equate the same level of Rutgers Football.

But it either “change” I’m out of both too.

I'll take a guess. Convergence of things.....kids sports & activities, family obligations, new and lackluster Metlife stadium, new NFL rules, no recognizable players or coaches in the last few years, crappy Giants team performance with no hype. Been going for 20 years and I still have my tix and take the boys to games, mostly because of the tailgate crew.....but may give it up soon.

I'll take a guess. Convergence of things.....kids sports & activities, family obligations, new and lackluster Metlife stadium, new NFL rules, no recognizable players or coaches in the last few years, crappy Giants team performance with no hype. Been going for 20 years and I still have my tix and take the boys to games, mostly because of the tailgate crew.....but may give it up soon.
I made time for the first part and with my flexible work schedule that was never an issue.

I agree with you on the new place, way too blah.

But as I said earlier, even with a much better product back then it still started to not be a must see thing.

I guess we all change as we get older. :(

GO GIANTS!

Last edited:
Reactions: Knightmoves
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT