ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Good BBQ restaurant in Bergen County?

ScarletDave

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2010
Just moved to Park Ridge from western NC. I’ve yet to find a place just scouring Apple Maps/Yelp with a pulled pork plate as good as down there. Doesn’t have to be AS good, but at least not horrible. It all comes down to the sauce really, and I like the thick tomato-based sweet BBQ sauce. Right now honestly Buffalo Wild Wings sweet BBQ is better than any restaurant sauce I’ve tried. Any help ??

Fink's in Dumont is pretty good. Not great, but should meet your needs. There is a location in Suffern as well.

Best pulled pork plate I ever had was at Montana's in Gulfport, MS. Was there on business in the late 90's. I assume it was devastated by Katrina and never re-opened.

Not Bergen county, but Mighty Quinn’s in Clifton is like 25min away. A little bit further is Myron Mixon’s new spot in Hoboken.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
Fink's in Dumont is pretty good. Not great, but should meet your needs. There is a location in Suffern as well.
Rumor is the guy that owns Fink's used to work at Baileys in Blauvelt. For the OP that lives in Park Ridge Blauvelt may be closer than Dumont.

haven't had Mighty Quinn's in NJ yet, but it is my favorite BBQ in NYC and I've tried almost all of the top names.

Best NJ BBQ I've had so far is Boss Hog in South Plainfield.

haven't had Mighty Quinn's in NJ yet, but it is my favorite BBQ in NYC and I've tried almost all of the top names.

Mighty Quinn's is good. It was hit or miss when they expanded but now that they contracted it should be more consistent again. I usually hit the Clifton location coming home from noon football games.

Rumor is the guy that owns Fink's used to work at Baileys in Blauvelt. For the OP that lives in Park Ridge Blauvelt may be closer than Dumont.
I believe you are correct on that. I know he worked at a BBQ place in Rockland.

It will be a little bit of a ride for you but this place has good stuff. I have my own smoker and usually just cook my own but always enjoy stopping here when I am in the area.

I have Boss Hog many times......they have really good baked beans.

Reactions: Section124
I have Boss Hog many times......they have really good baked beans.
their pork ribs, brisket, and beef ribs are outstanding and the pitmaster is legit, guy wakes up early in the morning every day to smoke.

the ribs at Boss Hog and Big Ed's are both fantastic.

I’ve tried Baileys, wasn’t super impressed with the meat, sauce, or the sides. Kind of salty and bland

Brothers Smokehouse, Rte 17, Ramsey, NJ
I keep forgetting to check this place out. I think it opened just before COVID hit and assumed it never re-opened. Just did a Google and see it is open. I may hit it tonight now.

@ScarletDave Went to Brothers tonight. Not sure if you went there but you can rule that place out. Best thing I can say is it was good (not great) northern BBQ. Very plain. Sauce had no kick. This is coming from someone born and raised in NJ, but who's family has a house outside Charleston, SC since the 80's (and I have traveled the south extensively).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT