ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Half time show- keep political stuff out. You all are better than this

Might as well use stand ins too the shows are so fake.
If wouldn’t make a lick of difference.

The SB is a ridiculous amount of work to stage in such a short time. These is no way to get sound right in such a time.

1) Did not watch the show because I had no interest in it. It might surprise many here but I'm not much of a hip hop fan.
2) Laughed out loud when I read the title of the thread. But I guess it's a requirement of a Rutgers fan to be optimistic.
3) I really enjoyed the Sopranos themed commercial. Thought it was well done.

This show was just Meh.

How does Mary K Blige continue to get into these half time shows? Frankly the Bengals could have used her beef on the OL.
Im disappointed that Ice Cube didn’t make a cameo.
Strong move by Eminem taking a knee but I initially thought it was in homage to the few bars played from a TPac song (“I ain’t made at Ya”).
Anyway, this show was average. Not better than Prince, Coldplay or U2 which were probably my top 3 halftime shows.

Coldplay? For real?

Amazing how people who claims they will never watch the NFL again for the past five years or whatever are the ones still complaining about the NFL and the halftime show.
The NFL is being saved from itself by great young QB play.

Reactions: charliem24
Dre tried to cram too many of his career highlights into one short halftime show. Would have preferred if he had cut down on the number of features to 2 or 3. The set would have looked much cooler if the halftime show happened after sundown... for the folks watching at home. Completely asinine set for the audience in the stands. Probably a B/B- from me. Better than the weeknd, maroon 5, the who, JT, and Coldplay from the past decade. Not as good as Beyonce, Madonna, gaga, or jlo/shakira
jlo/shakira was one of the best, IMO. The two since have been lame. Tough act to follow I guess

1) Did not watch the show because I had no interest in it. It might surprise many here but I'm not much of a hip hop fan.
2) Laughed out loud when I read the title of the thread. But I guess it's a requirement of a Rutgers fan to be optimistic.
3) I really enjoyed the Sopranos themed commercial. Thought it was well done.
Most octogenarians aren’t.

😂

Amazing may be a stretch
Show was OK in my opinion but most of the halftime shows are average anyway
The funny thing about the halftime shows is that year in and year out they evoke such a difference in opinion. You either hate or love it. Your opinion may be the first that I have seen in a long time that is neutral.

My wife is 52, Dr Dre and Snoop were right in her growing up wheel house, my teen daughters who like country, classic rock, pop, early funk and rap loved it….I liked it.

Serious question, how would “give me shelter” go over with and a great female singer?…lol
If you go on You Tube, there is a clip of Bono, Mick Jagger and Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas performing it - not bad.

Reactions: BossNJ
It wasn’t great tbh. I’ve grown to like these guys more after the fact than while they were in their prime but the show was meh. I do have that Eminem on my Spotify liked song list and it gets me pumped for workouts. He is a guy I didn’t like at all at first but he grew on me. Snoop makes me laugh. Dre is very talented. Don’t really know him or any of the other guys but know he is talented and I love any good music so this isn’t an issue of not liking the people or specific genres. The show was not great for me.

Also, I love the Rock but was hoping he would stop talking and let the game start. No idea what that was all about.

It wasn’t great tbh. I’ve grown to like these guys more after the fact than while they were in their prime but the show was meh. I do have that Eminem on my Spotify liked song list and it gets me pumped for workouts. He is a guy I didn’t like at all at first but he grew on me. Snoop makes me laugh. Dre is very talented. Don’t really know him or any of the other guys but know he is talented and I love any good music so this isn’t an issue of not liking the people or specific genres. The show was not great for me.

Also, I love the Rock but was hoping he would stop talking and let the game start. No idea what that was all about.
I agree on The Rock. Nothing against him at all, but that was a wrinkle that you don't need. There have already been two weeks of hype, kick the ball off already.

Wow. That whole sideline had to watch the video screen.. What a stupid set design. So 3 of the 4 sides of the stadium got to see nothing?
Yeh, thought that poor design, and The Rock was a good chance to take a last pee before the game

Show was okay, Mary J. was good, Eminem knocks it out of the park with that song... then he unfortunately takes a knee ....🙁... hard to keep polictics out of the show, when the show somehow includes politics.

Reactions: Jm0513
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT