ADVERTISEMENT

OT: How embarrassing if your from Philly? SLAPPY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prob just re-enacting what goes on in his household when Jada lays the smack-down on him for stepping out of line.

What a zero. How he's not being crucified for this is crazy.
What a P-O-S he turned out to be.
And for those running the event not to speak to the perp after he did the deed but instead give him a damn Oscar and a standing ovation is beyond pathetic.
Anyone think he would have done what he did if the guy on stage making the joke was Mike Tyson ?

It's Philly-their not concerned with grammar.

Maybe Will was auditioning for a Slappy's Revenge sequel?

71t0Df4xGvL.jpg

how embarrassing you don't know that it should be "you're" and not "your" in your thread title.

(but yes, Will was totally over the line and should be charged. But it's California and LA specifically so nothing would ever be done to him)

They're not Their

jeez
Really? One could spend all day correcting errors on a message board, so not sure why you would single out these two. And you might want to work on your capitalization and punctuation...

Really? One could spend all day correcting errors on a message board, so not sure why you would single out these two. And you might want to work on your capitalization and punctuation...
I was just going with the flow of the thread with you're/your/their/there/they're. Sarcasm and facetiousness do not translate well on message boards. However, I have noticed when I post from my phone, my posts are riddled with typos and errors.

Reactions: BossNJ
I was just going with the flow of the thread with you're/your/their/there/they're. Sarcasm and facetiousness do not translate well on message boards. However, I have noticed when I post from my phone, my posts are riddled with typos and errors.
When it comes to grammar/spelling stuff it's a must to include an emoticon or something in a post like yours (I actually suspected you might have been goofing), since misteaks (ha-ha - see what I did there?) are so, so common. And real sarcasm on content is often even harder to detect...

This thread is Slap Happy
It reminds me of South Slappy Blvd, the main thoroughfare in Albany (pronounced Al-binny), GA, where we had a factory I was stationed at months in 1993. Dismal place with the highest per capita murder rate in the country at the time, although there was still plenty of fun to be had.

What the hell does this have to do with Philly? This is like the nj.com article titled "Ex Rutgers star..." when a walk-on from 10 years ago commits a crime. Do better.
Smith was born on September 25, 1968, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to Caroline (née Bright), a Philadelphia school board administrator, and Willard Carroll Smith Sr.,[12][13] a U.S. Air Force veteran[14] and refrigeration engineer. His mother graduated from Carnegie Mellon University.[15]

Smith acts like a tough guy from Philly? What man just slaps someone for publicly disrespecting his wife? What a Pansy Ass...I guess he got soft when he moved in with his Uncle and Auntie in Bel Air!
Kareem Adul-Jabbar disagrees. And he is right.

"By hitting Rock, he announced that his wife was incapable of defending herself — against words,” he states. “This patronizing, paternal attitude infantilizes women and reduces them to helpless damsels needing a Big Strong Man to defend their honor least they swoon from the vapors. If he was really doing it for his wife, and not his own need to prove himself, he might have thought about the negative attention this brought on them, much harsher than the benign joke. That would have been truly defending and respecting her.”

“This ‘women need men to defend them’ is the same justification currently being proclaimed by conservatives passing laws to restrict abortion and the LGBTQ+ community,” he continued, adding that Smith’s “self-serving acceptance speech” in which he talked about protecting his family in the same way his character in King Richard, for which he won an Oscar, was tone deaf.

The one and only know if his kind
Sits in a throne
Not for the records that he holds
But for being bald and bold
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
All time great super super star

I’m confident Chris Rock will get the last laugh. Smith should have apologized to Rock in person and during his acceptance speech. Since he didn’t and it took him too long to do so, I would mark that as another two slights. I would get my agent on the phone with HBO for a special, in which I would have a field day on the Smiths. Apparently Rock’s shows are selling out. This could be a second wind for Rock’s career.

PS: I would probably get a restraining order against Smith, not because it’s needed but because it would be part of a joke. Plus if Rock was at a party first, he could pull out the restraining order to embarrass Smith and keep him out.

Reactions: goru1869
how embarrassing you don't know that it should be "you're" and not "your" in your thread title.

(but yes, Will was totally over the line and should be charged. But it's California and LA specifically so nothing would ever be done to him)
You may be right but the reality is...if you and the Mr were in the place of Will and Jada, if Mr Screw was awake- he would have done much more than slap him. And he would have had to beat out at least 100 other people that would have rushed the stage to beat him down first. lol

Nothing wrong defending your wife and slaps shouldn't count as an assault to be arrested for if the person on the receiving end doesn't want to press charges..

As far as I'm conserned Smith's initial reaction to the joke was that it was funny but quickly changed that attitude once he seen how his wife took it badly and was hurt by it.

Will Smith is whipped. He lets his with wife bang other guys and thought the joke was funny until he saw the look on her face and didn’t want to get on her bad side. Pretty clear who’s the boss in that marriage.

Reactions: goru1869
What the hell does this have to do with Philly? This is like the nj.com article titled "Ex Rutgers star..." when a walk-on from 10 years ago commits a crime. Do better.
This lol. My RU roommates were all from philly or the philly area and were always instigating and would routinely be the first to throw down in an impending scrap. Tougher city than NYC outside of Bronx/non-gentrified Brooklyn.

Will Smith is whipped. He lets his with wife bang other guys and thought the joke was funny until he saw the look on her face and didn’t want to get on her bad side. Pretty clear who’s the boss in that marriage.
That's sad, but to walk up onstage during a live broadcast of an awards show and hit the comedian in full view to all....because your wife is upset that she's the butt of a joke....that's beyond pathetic.
You all know he would not have done that if the joke was told by Mike Tyson or The Rock.... or Wanda Sykes or Amy Schumer for that matter.
Smith showed himself to be a P-O-S.

This lol. My RU roommates were all from philly or the philly area and were always instigating and would routinely be the first to throw down in an impending scrap. Tougher city than NYC outside of Bronx/non-gentrified Brooklyn.
Will Smith was born and raised in Philadelphia. I posted it above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT