ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ironic things in life

I've tied stuff around my waist like that, so I could retain it, but not wear it. Usually a sweatshirt or jacket. I never felt "feminine," but maybe others were thinking differently when they saw me.

It reminds of the way kids carried books in school back in the day before back packs: dudes at their hip, arm straight down, chicks up at the chest, elbow bent. At least that's how it was in Maryland. I'm pretty sure I would never have considered the "chick" method back then...
I remember the books thing. Now they load the kids up with so much stuff in their backpacks, a stiff breeze would blow over some of the little ones.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
I've tied stuff around my waist like that, so I could retain it, but not wear it. Usually a sweatshirt or jacket. I never felt "feminine," but maybe others were thinking differently when they saw me.

It reminds of the way kids carried books in school back in the day before back packs: dudes at their hip, arm straight down, chicks up at the chest, elbow bent. At least that's how it was in Maryland. I'm pretty sure I would never have considered the "chick" method back then...
I have tied a hiking jacket around my waist while hiking, but that's not a sweater so it's different and acceptable. 😉

Remember the book thing too.

Bill Gates advocating plant based foods and healthy diets. Some people should just stay in their lane.
What's next, Bill's advice on marriage and relationships?

E2E9RBsXIAEXQTC.jpg

something to consider when you find a post that annoys you is to not read and keep scrolling. That way you dont keep the stuff that annoys you going. Kind of like those emails at work where people say, stop replying all, when they are replying all
Or the folks making CE type posts outside the CE board could consider not doing it. I never did it back when I participated in the CE board. It's not like it's difficult to avoid doing.

Or the folks making CE type posts outside the CE board could consider not doing it. I never did it back when I participated in the CE board. It's not like it's difficult to avoid doing.

#Triggered

Kind of sucks that my favorite was taken early- the braille on drive up ATM’s.
And I would have another one to add but it would be taken as politics where it is just an ironic new definition of a word…so I will have to leave it be for now…

Reactions: mildone
Sweaters are for sissies.
Hey! My daughter just got me a sweater for Christmas. 😡 🤣

Although, it's really not a sweater so much as what I call a woobie, which is more like a sweatshirt that is made, at least in part, with a composite of materials, like fleece and cotton, etc. And this one has a liner that looks suspiciously like it was taken from a sheep.

The schiano lbs thread got me thinking , what are some ironic or just weird things you’ve come across that just seems to be the way it is.
Here are a few :

Fat/obese people are good with diet advice . They really know how to lose weight and lose weight fast. Don’t look for the most in shape dude at the gym if you want some dieting tips, ask the fat guy . He knows.

Parking on the driveway and driving on the parkway.

Need some legal prescription drugs illegally because you don’t got a prescription? No problem. Hit up your local senior citizens community/building. These places always have a bunch of stuff floating around and deals can be made.

Workplace : don’t be too valuable . If you’re too valuable in your current position , the employer knows they can’t find someone better in that spot . So you won’t get promoted ! Ever!

Doctors office telling you “sorry, we don’t see sick people in the office for appointments”. Ummmm…ok

I saw the topic and thought “that’s an interesting topic”. Then I saw the poster and knew there would “some weird shit”.

How about a state university that gets paid a lot of money from a popular sub sandwich chain for naming rights to one of their athletic facilities then before several events, has an area directly outside selling other food.

Moderators who can dish it out but are thin skinned and ban you from certain threads. So I’ve heard.

People who will wait in line at the drive through of DD or McDonalds for 10 minutes, but can't wait to have their gas pumped for them.

Reactions: dconifer
Irony is a person posting a reply in which they aggressively insult the intelligence of another person, while making stupid and obvious factual and/or language mistakes. 😉

Irony is a person posting a reply in which they aggressively insult the intelligence of another person, while making stupid and obvious factual and/or language mistakes. 😉
Your wrong, you effing moron. It snot.

How about worshipping a head coach who isn't a good football coach? Too soon?

Shutting down a rally against censorship

This is a good one

The article doesn’t refer to an example of censorship nor is it ironic. Try again?

I feel like some of you aren’t fully understanding the definition of irony (and, now, censorship).

Seller no diet soda at a fast food place.

Being in the hospital and they wake you up to give you medicine to help you rest better

Gluten free Cream of Wheat

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT