ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Is Belichick getting a NFL job this year or hanging it up?

WhiteBus

Hall of Famer
Oct 4, 2011
Bill did not get the Falcons job. His only interview so far.
Are owners realizing it was more on Brady. They go hire a defensive coordinator why don't you hire the best? In this day hiring a defensive HC is a bad move

BB may want total control of the team and draft and maybe some owners don’t want to give that up? I thought he would go to Dallas but Jerry Jones isn’t giving up control.

If he doesn’t take a job I wonder if he will enjoy the year off or pace around his house like a caged animal.

Bill did not get the Falcons job. His only interview so far.
Are owners realizing it was more on Brady. They go hire a defensive coordinator why don't you hire the best? In this day hiring a defensive HC is a bad move
If owners are thinking it was more Brady they’re forgetting the early years when it was defense first. Even their last one at 13-3 was a defensive struggle. I wonder how picky he’s being, like someone said with wanting full control over roster, draft, etc.

If owners are thinking it was more Brady they’re forgetting the early years when it was defense first. Even their last one at 13-3 was a defensive struggle. I wonder how picky he’s being, like someone said with wanting full control over roster, draft, etc.
Kind of my point. He maybe picky but nobody is jumping to get him.

Reactions: Rutgers Chris
Falcons are the fourth most affordable team (for fans) in NFL
They might not want to open the vault for BB

How about Vrabel? What is left? Seattle and Washington? Sounds like Washington maybe waiting for Ben Johnson the Detroit OC. While I can see Seattle souring on Dan Quinn, not sure about them considering the Giants OC Kafka.

The Falcons wanted to keep their GM but seemed to keep him at arms length from the coaching search. I thought it was in case they needed to dump him if the right candidate insisted on it.

New Rutgers DC?

Funny thing is this type of move actually may not be above him. Guy loves to coach ball. But he’s not getting an NFL job this year unless Andy Reid steps away. He’ll be back next year though probably in Philly, Dallas, or Buffalo.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Funny thing is this type of move actually may not be above him. Guy loves to coach ball. But he’s not getting an NFL job this year unless Andy Reid steps away. He’ll be back next year though probably in Philly, Dallas, or Buffalo.
Seriously??

So you make stupid predictions but they don't count! So another admission that you aren't legendary. Got it!
It wasn’t a prediction. . I prefaced it with “maybe “. A prediction is “ash will get us smashed “. and a legend is born !

Reactions: RU Cheese
Is that a prediction?
quote-that-s-not-a-prediction-that-s-a-spoiler-paul-heyman-92-54-50.jpg

And you thought you were the only one that Ash wasn't a bad hire?? You think that's legendary??
Legendary thread !! And then the other calls like flood is a dud and the inside story on the carroo bogus arrest !!!
And the Braun COY call as well as just telling the BIG to poach usc !! (Both things you were against)!
It alll like Ruth calling his shot or Namath in Super Bowl 3! This board has plum !
Body of work makes legends !!

Legendary thread !! And then the other calls like flood is a dud and the inside story on the carroo bogus arrest !!!
And the Braun COY call as well as just telling the BIG to poach usc !! (Both things you were against)!
It alll like Ruth calling his shot or Namath in Super Bowl 3! This board has plum !
Body of work makes legends !!
Ash and Flood makes you legendary??? The only dope who liked Flood and Ash was @Knight Shift

I still think in some cases the Rooney rule is overkill. Like the chargers this year.
But progress is being made
I don't know all the coaches getting hired but I like Antonio Pierce.
What I didn't like is players out in public grinding their axe.
That's how the NBA started to slide.

I think that the timeline for a coaching tenure is 3-5 years. The first 2 years is implementation of culture and OC, DC systems and years 3-5 is progress and success in the playoffs.

With a guy like BB, that first two years is a real heavy lift, because it is really his way or the highway. At his age, is he going to stick it out for 5 years or is he going to retire after he passes Shula after 2 years?

Reactions: redking
How about Vrabel? What is left? Seattle and Washington? Sounds like Washington maybe waiting for Ben Johnson the Detroit OC. While I can see Seattle souring on Dan Quinn, not sure about them considering the Giants OC Kafka.

The Falcons wanted to keep their GM but seemed to keep him at arms length from the coaching search. I thought it was in case they needed to dump him if the right candidate insisted on it.
Wrong guy. The GM Fontenot was involved. It's the team VP or P Rich McKay who has been removed from all football decisions. Fontenot and Morris are now reporting directly to owner Arthur Blank.

Congratulations! You did it.

Haha. All good. Maybe not formal DC but it wouldn’t surprise me if he popped up somewhere on the college or HS level as an analyst or assistant. As I said, the guy loves to coach. Besides, my spitballing was no worse than every talking head saying teams would be falling all over themselves to hire BB, which obviously didn’t happen.

Haha. All good. Maybe not formal DC but it wouldn’t surprise me if he popped up somewhere on the college or HS level as an analyst or assistant. As I said, the guy loves to coach. Besides, my spitballing was no worse than every talking head saying teams would be falling all over themselves to hire BB, which obviously didn’t happen.
Agreed about the talking heads. All in good fun!

He isn't going to become a college coach. The only reason wants to keep coaching is to pass Shula all time wins record and that only can happen in the NFL. Only one team interviewed him of all the openings. Most of the insiders think he's done mainly because he isn't a good fit.

He isn't going to become a college coach. The only reason wants to keep coaching is to pass Shula all time wins record and that only can happen in the NFL. Only one team interviewed him of all the openings. Most of the insiders think he's done mainly because he isn't a good fit.
[/QUO

Yes, I understand. He definitely wants to keep coaching in the pros to break the record. I only said the thing about going to a lower level after it was clear that Atlanta had passed and he didn’t have any other options right now in the pros. It has been suggested that he might be a DC in the pros next year. I don’t see him doing that at all so dropping down to help out some lesser program for a year until the next hiring cycle next year gives him something to do for the next year.

He is too much of a control freak to be working for someone else. Even Schiano. I'm guessing the are still friends. Wouldn't be surprised if he shows up at spring practice or something like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT