ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Kentucky's Harrison uses racial slur against Wisconsin player

Originally posted by bac2therac:
Great.... more millenials who think they know it all
Haha. The guy who argues with the weather man about the weather now wants to argue with the millenial about millennial slang.

Stick to what you know chief.

Cali - we all know you have no black friends stop lying.

Runumber1 - stop rooting for Rutgers football you degenerate. If the mostly black team got a whiff of your ignorant nonsense they'd want nothing to do with you. So get lost.

IL Lusciato,

Not only do you have the nerve to call me names, but now you think that you can tell me what to do??!! Is there no end to "Liberal Entitlement??!!"

The FACT is that I am all for EQUALITY. It is the liberals who want to keep blacks down. It is the liberals who say "Oh poor black people, you cannot succeed on your own, so let us nice, kind white-folk help you."

If you keep taking handouts, you will always have to take handouts.

The true black friends that I have know this and are all very successful on their own without any help from the government or anyone else.

Again, GROW UP!!!

Struck a nerve? LOL. More like exposed yourself to people who might not have known what you are. I've been dealing with people like you my whole life. But it is funny that instead of addressing my points you resort to that tired angle. But let me guess. Some of your best friends are Black right?

Originally posted by RUnumber1:
IL Lusciato,

Not only do you have the nerve to call me names, but now you think that you can tell me what to do??!! Is there no end to "Liberal Entitlement??!!"

The FACT is that I am all for EQUALITY. It is the liberals who want to keep blacks down. It is the liberals who say "Oh poor black people, you cannot succeed on your own, so let us nice, kind white-folk help you."

The true black friends that I have know this and are all very successful on their own without any help from the government or anyone else.

Again, GROW UP!!!
You put it in red, just like your tired red shirt at Black out games. Who says I'm a liberal? I'm just here to educate some of you on why this kid used the word he did, and why nobody with half a brain would call it a "Racial Slur" in that context.

You can preach your silly right-wing messaging until you are blue (or red) in the face, just b/c you bought that stupid line does not mean the rest of us are as gullible.

I'll tell you how much of a stooge and hypocrite you are for claiming to be a Rutgers football fan, when you feel so strongly about black people. Its kinda funny actually. But also illuminating to anyone who thinks about it and realizes that people like you are so divorced from reality you should not be taken seriously.

Originally posted by IL Lusciato:

You know less about me than you do the acceptance of racial slurs. But you think you know everything, so it isn't surprising you would make more baseless claims.

Carry on educating everyone when you can call someone else a "n*gga". It's so enlightening.

I put age 30 as the over under of when you are embarrassed by this display.

Originally posted by Caliknight:

You know less about me than you do the acceptance of racial slurs. But you think you know everything, so it isn't surprising you would make more baseless claims.

Carry on educating everyone when you can call someone else a "n*gga". It's so enlightening.

I put age 30 as the over under of when you are embarrassed by this display.
You embarrass yourself on a daily basis on this board. So that is the one thing I think you may be the authority on. Thanks for the Tip.

Right, because declaring yourself an authority on "modern" language and when racial slurs are to be used is so highly becoming.

You are welcome. Hopefully it helps you some day.

Typical. The truth really hurts and therefore all they can do is name call instead of being a man, accept the truth and WORK to change the general perception of what is reality today. As I said, grow up and move on. Don't keep blaming other people or other circumstances for you not achieving what you should be achieving. Every nationality and race had to immigrate and ASSIMILATE into American society. No hyphenated names. No "in your face" ethnic dress at work. No "help me" attitude or victim mentality. Just good old hard work and assimilation into AMERICA. Prove you belong and deserve respect. Earn it, don't cry and whine for it.
uuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh ...... last time I checked most Africans did not "immigrate" to America. They were brought here in chains on slave ships and then forced to work on plantations for no pay. If they refused, they and their families were often beaten, sold apart or killed. So, ya, that is a little different than how things went for Italians, etc.

Originally posted by willisneverrana43:
These threads, and they come up pretty often, get nowhere, or to put it better, get to the same exact place every time. One thing that they do accomplish, however, is to suss out some pretty scary points of view. This one is no different. Sorry for this interruption. Continue. Unleash the anger.
^This

Wait so because the millenials say it..its now an acceptable word. Lmao
No slick, simply that its millenial slang, so who would be better to explain the context of it? Not to mention if you listened to some Curtis Mayfield, you'd know it isn't limited to simply Millennials. Some of you dudes are seriously so dense is scary to think you can vote.

Now excuse me fellas, I've gotta go out into Newark. If i were in bell meade or california I'm sure i'd have my finger a little bit more on the pulse of young people, including African-American and a diverse array of other people, like you old sports do.

Indeed. Lord knows Los Angeles is some backwards place with few people from around the world and is just some massive retirement community.

What other pearls of wisdom can you teach everyone? Please come back soon so we can learn more and live better. You are amazingly bright.
This post was edited on 4/7 12:38 PM by Caliknight

Indeed. Lord knows Los Angeles is some backwards place with few people from around the world and is just some massive retirement community.

What other pearls of wisdom can you teach everyone? Please come back soon so we can learn more and live better. You are amazingly bright.
Where you live in L.A. is probably equivilant to me being in short hills and claiming to be in Newark. Cut us a break

Don't be mad. I've taught you a lot today. You have much more to learn. I'll certainly guide tour feeble mind along.

IL Lusciato,

Again, GROW UP!!!
Why the hell would a black person want to be your friend? You have already said that all black people want to do is be victims and you called them all crybabies. Let me guess. You got some big internet muscles but you don't have the guts to rant this rascist stupidity to actual black people. You have to be a hypocrite and hide your hatred because you wouldn't say that to any of the players. What are they to you? Do you even see them as human beings?

You complain when people are vocal about standing up for their rights. The same rights you take for granted. I know you are so put upon that once in a while a news story, or thread like this, or a radio or tv discussion will discuss these things. What a burden you bear. It sounds like you are the crybaby. All you have to to avoid these things is turn the channel, turn the page, or click off the window and it will never be an issue in your life. You can just go back to sulking in the corner of public places whenever a minority is enjoying the same liberty as you think you alone should be entitled to. Why you would waste your time rooting for a team full of victims and whiny cry babies is beyond me.

You are right. I am a mindless racist. If you believe that, you are even dumber than you sound.
Well if you aren't you should learn to communicate your ideas better. As it is you sound like you are parroting racist arguments and whining like a little bitch about black people. You whine that you are tired of hearing about racism. You know who is more tired? People who have to deal with racism.

Originally posted by RCTrooper:
Andrew Harrison referred to Wisconsin's Frank Kaminsky as a n!gg!r in a post game conference. Imagine the outrage is the opposite happened.
Yes, justifiably.

Using n'er in this context is just an insult. Might as well call i'm a bitch or a pussy or a dickhead. Because he's NOT BLACK. The extra sensitivity to the word isnt that its an insult, as Im sure you well know, but the racial politics of the word going back centuries. Of course Kaminsky shouldn't care - he's not black. The word applied to him has no extra meaning other than to be a generic insult.

Now if he called him a cracker, or white trash, or slipped in a Polish joke, then at least you might have an analogous situation, but him calling him a n'er is just kind of dumb.

To the it shouldnt be different if Harrison says it or Kaminsky crowd. Fine. Then maybe the nation shouldnt have spent basically every bit of the past 400 years segregating and enslaving blacks because of their race. One you erase that difference and it long term side effects, then we can start worrying about whether this difference is a big deal.
This post was edited on 4/7 3:44 PM by derleider

Originally posted by derleider:

Originally posted by RCTrooper:
Andrew Harrison referred to Wisconsin's Frank Kaminsky as a n!gg!r in a post game conference. Imagine the outrage is the opposite happened.
Yes, justifiably.

Using n'er in this context is just an insult. Might as well call i'm a bitch or a pussy or a dickhead. Because he's NOT BLACK. The extra sensitivity to the word isnt that its an insult, as Im sure you well know, but the racial politics of the word going back centuries. Of course Kaminsky shouldn't care - he's not black. The word applied to him has no extra meaning other than to be a generic insult.

Now if he called him a cracker, or white trash, or slipped in a Polish joke, then at least you might have an analogous situation, but him calling him a n'er is just kind of dumb.

To the it shouldnt be different if Harrison says it or Kaminsky crowd. Fine. Then maybe the nation shouldnt have spent basically every bit of the past 400 years segregating and enslaving blacks because of their race. One you erase that difference and it long term side effects, then we can start worrying about whether this difference is a big deal.
This post was edited on 4/7 3:44 PM by derleider
More education for y'all!!!!!!!!!

If he had said " that nigga can ball" he would be what us youngins in the north and central jersey area call a "herb" because white boys don't say nigga unless they are herbs.

Sometimes, many times they get away with it, as I have witnessed several times. But they shouldn't say it. Would it be less hateful than him saying "f*ck that n*gger" yes. Would it be OK? No.

But I won't tell a black guy not to say the word BC its not my place. And just BC a black person uses the word on me or others does not give me the right to say it.

Hell, I got called a nigga a few days ago by my black friend literally BC he said he was gonna beat me in basketball once my fat ass got around to playing.

If none of this makes sense to you - you should stop making statements and start asking questions.
I did ask questions, no one can answer them.

But that is enough for me. I would rather stay in my close minded world where black people and white people a like don't use racial slurs. Never have I heard my black friends refer to each other like that, me like that, or anyone else. Of course, they are smart dudes with grace and class, so it stands to reason.

Maybe it is you who might want to learn something instead of acting like you know it all. Just a recommendation.
If you've never heard your black friends talk to each other like that you are hanging out with Carlton Banks.

A guy like Kaminsky has been immersed in young black culture, on the AAU circuit, since before he had hair on his yam bag. You think the is the first time a black guy has called him this? Come on. I used to play pick-up ball every Sunday morning at a Gold's Gym in Totowa. I was a 30 something white guy who the young black kids would call nigga (usually right after I shot them off the court hahaha...ahh the good old days)

There are two parts of this conversation--the SHOULD it happen and the DOES it happen. To sit here as 30, 40, 50 somethings (predominantly white) and say, "if the black community wants to be taken seriously then XYZ needs to happen" is a legitimate statement. To place that on a young athlete who just lost a game that the entire world told him he was destined to win, is a little much.

Why did he apologize? Because it makes sense to apologize whether he thinks he offended Frank or not. Apologizing makes THIS conversation go away in most circles. He is about to interview for a job that will pay him millions of dollars a year. You think it makes financial sense to come out on Twitter or Sportscenter and stand his ground? And risk having to answer additional questions about his judgement from NBA GMs? Come on.

And to ignore context is stupid.

Kaminsky saying, "I've balled against Harrison since I was 14. He can really play. He's my nigga." Should he say it publicly? OF COURSE NOT. Should he REALLY have to know Harrison well to say it at all? YES. Do white guys in locker rooms talk like that? You bet your ass they do. And they do in the military. In the police department and anywhere else where black and white men congregate in a macho charged environment.

Kaminsky saying, "Harrison is my N!GGERRRR" is a whole other kettle of fish.

And it doesn't need to make SENSE for it to exist.

Where you live in L.A. is probably equivilant to me being in short hills and claiming to be in Newark. Cut us a break

Don't be mad. I've taught you a lot today. You have much more to learn. I'll certainly guide tour feeble mind along.
You must not have ever been to LA . Clearly you don't know anyone who lives here or have ever asked them about what goes down here. It doesn't matter where you live. Unless you don't leave your home, you are immersed in many parts of the city in one way or another. Considering some of the things I am involved in both professionally and otherwise, there isn't a part that I don't see on the reg, and interact with the people that live there.

Mad? I am in awe of your ubiquitous magnificent clairvoyance. Please Obi, teach us more. Clearly your life experience is unrivaled. You should be a public speaker. People need to hear this life story.

You must not have ever been to LA . Clearly you don't know anyone who lives here or have ever asked them about what goes down here. It doesn't matter where you live. Unless you don't leave your home, you are immersed in many parts of the city in one way or another. Considering some of the things I am involved in both professionally and otherwise, there isn't a part that I don't see on the reg, and interact with the people that live there.

Mad? I am in awe of your ubiquitous magnificent clairvoyance. Please Obi, teach us more. Clearly your life experience is unrivaled. You should be a public speaker. People need to hear this life story.
Top signs that I've schooled someone and they know it :

1) they start calling me a " know it all" and mocking Mr by sarcastically proclaiming my intelligence.

2) they start using bigger words to prove they can hang.

I don't care what your experience in L.A. is BC obviously it has failed to educate you socially the way me, and several above posters have been, BC you still havnt gotten the context of this situation. Or maybe you have, but won't admit it. Either way, I'll catch you in another thread soon enough.

Top signs that I've schooled someone and they know it :

1) they start calling me a " know it all" and mocking Mr by sarcastically proclaiming my intelligence.

Says the guy tooting his horn all thread, and his unique understanding of "modern" language.

2) they start using bigger words to prove they can hang.

As long as they are "modern", that is all I care about now. Or maybe I just communicate that way and you feel intimidated by that. Or maybe both.

I don't care what your experience in L.A. is BC obviously it has failed to educate you socially the way me, and several above posters have been, BC you still havnt gotten the context of this situation. Or maybe you have, but won't admit it. Either way, I'll catch you in another thread soon enough.

Or maybe you don't know as much as you say you do. It's a big world, try to experience more of it.

Originally posted by RUforJERSEY:

Typical. The truth really hurts and therefore all they can do is name call instead of being a man, accept the truth and WORK to change the general perception of what is reality today. As I said, grow up and move on. Don't keep blaming other people or other circumstances for you not achieving what you should be achieving. Every nationality and race had to immigrate and ASSIMILATE into American society. No hyphenated names. No "in your face" ethnic dress at work. No "help me" attitude or victim mentality. Just good old hard work and assimilation into AMERICA. Prove you belong and deserve respect. Earn it, don't cry and whine for it.
Dude you need to just quit already. What are these hyphenated names that you're referring to? In your face ethnic dress at work? What does that even mean? I mean seriously. I wonder if you got all decked out in green on March 17th like so many others. Or have ever been a member of or know anyone who has been a part of UNICO or for that matter complained about a group such as that. And I bet you're just enraged to see all of those people decked out in green marching every March 17th.
Seriously.......you don't seem too bright.
RUforJERSEY - you raise a good point. I'd bet that Julian Pinnix-Oldrick and Sebastian Joseph-Day want a word with RUnumber1 to find out what he has against hyphenated names, LOL.

I have a hyphenated name. It's my first name, but still.

Who do I have fight?

Originally posted by GSGS:
Originally posted by RUforJERSEY:

Dude you need to just quit already. What are these hyphenated names that you're referring to? In your face ethnic dress at work? What does that even mean? I mean seriously. I wonder if you got all decked out in green on March 17th like so many others. Or have ever been a member of or know anyone who has been a part of UNICO or for that matter complained about a group such as that. And I bet you're just enraged to see all of those people decked out in green marching every March 17th.
Seriously.......you don't seem too bright.
RUforJERSEY - you raise a good point. I'd bet that Julian Pinnix-Oldrick and Sebastian Joseph-Day want a word with RUnumber1 to find out what he has against hyphenated names, LOL.
I think that if they read through this thread they'd want to meet with him for far more reasons than that. LOL

Wait so because the millenials say it..its now an acceptable word. Lmao
You might be the grumpiest Gen X'er I have ever seen, and that is saying something. Seriously, you sound like a straight-up geezer when you post.

:(

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT