ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ketchup or Mustard

I love both ketchup (Heinz) and mustard of all kinds and am mostly a traditionalist with them, but not completely.

Hot dogs: French's yellow mustard is pretty much it.

Bratwurst: one of the spicy brown mustards, usually.

French Fries: ketchup mostly, but mustard once in awhile and sometimes a little bit of each together. Mayo or malt vinegar on fries is an abomination.

Burgers: ketchup, regardless of whether there's tomato on it; occasionally a few shots of mustard with the ketchup.

Porkrolleggandcheesewithsaltpepperketchuponahardrollofcourse.

Home fries or hash browns - ketchup.

Scrambled eggs: ketchup, sometimes.

Ham & cheese sandwich on most basic breads: French's yellow (and potato chips, sometimes).

Roast beef & cheese sandwich on most basic breads: spicy brown mustard. I don't like mayo.

When it comes to more unusual breads or crackers or something like a really good French baguette, along with various cheeses and cured meats, my go-to mustard is Amora Moutarde de Dijon, the best mustard on the planet. For years I thought you could only get it in France, but recently realized it could be ordered on line, which made me a happy camper. Like today, for lunch, when we got fresh baguettes, tomatoes, a couple of artisinal cheeses and meats, butter, pickles, peppers, crackers, etc. and just mixed and matched various combinations - most of which involved the Amora mustard for me.
How much do you pay for the Amora and where do you buy?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT