ADVERTISEMENT

OT: MDW parades

jaydogsmooth1

Senior
Jul 28, 2021
Previous thread got me thinking about MDW parades that are tradition.
Which ones are you guys hitting?

We did Freehold last year (didn't see Bruce), but usually do Farmingdale
Freehold is at 11, which leaves the rest of the day open, F-dale is at 1 which is the one we'll be doing

Debated doing both but Farmingdale closes streets at 1, so it'd be cutting it close there
What are you guys doing parade wise?

Reactions: miket007
Sometimes makes you long for the return of Mayor Daley from Chicago.
I'll bet 90% of these kids don't have a clue what they are chanting about. These people are marching in support of a terrorist organization.
Send them to the Mideast and let them join Hamas so they can fight for a free Palestine if that's what they believe in instead of bravely sitting in a road and blocking traffic.
I'm so tired of this bull***t.

Last edited:
This is what happens when you let the crazies run loose without fear of punishment. The few in fringe on the rights of the many.
Yeah, there are many more rights marching in and cheering on Memorial Day Parades. The old saying two wrongs don't make a right seems apt here

Marching for Palestine is the cool thing to do now. A couple of months ago it was marching for trans rights. Nobody seems to do that any more so I guess that problem has been solved? A couple of years ago it was thousands of young black men being hunted in the streets by racist white cops. I guess that's stopped too?
In a few weeks the professional agitators will have another cause and lure the naive and simple minded to follow along.

Last edited:
Marching for Palestine is the cool thing to do now. A couple of months ago it was marching for trans right. Nobody seems to do that any more so I guess that problem has been solved? A couple of years ago it was thousands of young black men being hunted in the streets by racist white cops. I guess that's stopped too?
In a few weeks the professional agitators will have another cause and lure the naive and simple minded to follow along.
Conversely, there have been movements in the past that have brought about positive change. Not every movement is going to be popular or positive. Doing something like Princeton this weekend is not going to get you support. It was stupid and disrespectful to thos who died defending your right to protest.

I agree that this is the "in" thing right now but doesn't have anywhere near the broad support to effect policy. With the summer approaching this is one that will not have legs.

Getting back to the OP which was sidetracked by some BS. I unfortunately won't be able to attend any parades due to work today but do I miss the days when these parades really meant something to the communities back in the 70s/80s when I was coming up. My favorite parades would be in Burlington County Willingboro and Burlington.

Won't be attending any Memorial Day parades this year. Used to go to the one in Wayne when the kids were younger. I've marched in many, many Memorial Day parades over the years, since junior high up until 6-7 years after college.

We don’t have one in town any more, but there are several ceremonies held around town during Memorial Day morning.

Helped at the Hopewell one yesterday and haver a kid in the Pennington one today. Most of the family ends up watching the one in Morrisville, PA though due to family being there.

Raining now in Farmingdale

Was able to get the chairs and flags all set up, very patriotic scene

Waiting out the last few drops in the car then Wel head back out

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Reactions: jreinsdorf
Went to Dunellen parade. Grandson was marching with Scouts.
The only good thing about being overcast is that it’s cooler for the marchers. Had 3 kids faint at the Morris Plains parade on Saturday. Was told the key is not locking your knees.

Farmingdale was cut short due to the rain, ended around 1:30 - great scene all around sans the weather
I live on the parade route and that parade gets me borderline emotional. It’s the perfect mix of trucks, motorcycles, bands, scouts etc

I live on the parade route and that parade gets me borderline emotional. It’s the perfect mix of trucks, motorcycles, bands, scouts etc
Always a great time

Patriotic, non grandiose, yet hits the spot perfectly in all aspects

Always look forward to attending and a very patriotic hamlet on the Jersey shore

Reactions: jreinsdorf
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT