ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Messi Magic

I can only presume this is a joke. Last year he was named FIFA's mens footballer of the year, AND led Argentina to the World Cup with a brace in the final and a PK.
Most 10-year olds can make PKs. Like an extra point in football. If he isn't washed up, why was he booted out of Europe and needed to settle on playing in a C or D league?

Most 10-year olds can make PKs. Like an extra point in football. If he isn't washed up, why was he booted out of Europe and needed to settle on playing in a C or D league?
Why are you making things up? Do you usually say untrue things?

Take the L here. You have no idea what you’re talking about.
Soccer fans continue to yell and scream, but nobody has given another reason why Messi is now slumming in a low-grade league.

Messi = Beckham 2.0

He is old, but by no means is he washed up. He easily could've played in other top leagues. His wages and needing the correct system are prohibitive. I also think he is getting in at the ground level in the MLS to make big big money.

Soccer fans continue to yell and scream, but nobody has given another reason why Messi is now slumming in a low-grade league.

Messi = Beckham 2.0
I think most here would agree that part of why he came to the USA is that he's intentionally stepping down in competition as he gets older. That's not what you said though. There is no doubt, zero, that he could have signed with a top European team. And you don't go from MVP to washed up in a single off season.

He wasn't. Barcelona clearly wanted him back. He took a sizeable contract at a lesser league in a country where he can have peace of mind in a city he and his family love where they already own four homes and have a number of friends (like Shakira and the Beckhams).

Messi = Beckham 2.0
For the paycheck and for his family. All of this was covered extensively when he decided. Google exists. He could have gone wherever he wanted (because he’s still a top player).

I think most here would agree that part of why he came to the USA is that he's intentionally stepping down in competition as he gets older. That's not what you said though. There is no doubt, zero, that he could have signed with a top European team. And you don't go from MVP to washed up in a single off season.
I agree with this take...this is a step down in competition, but he is not washed up. He was the best player at the World Cup eight months ago. He is still a top five player in the world...and he has accomplished everything there is to accomplish in soccer.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Tonight's goal might have been his best in the Leagues Cup. Absolutely amazing. BTW, the Leagues Cup has been a smashing success. Yes, because of Messi. Of course. Also for a lot of good soccer between MLS and Liga Mx clubs. Tonight's match was riveting going to the keepers to take the 11th kick for each side.

• Love
Reactions: RUTRINI
It’s a privilege to live in the times of Messi! The MLS and USA soccer is on the Map! He will make this league must see TV for all of his time here. If you know, you know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT