ADVERTISEMENT

OT: MLB and Cleveland Indians/Guardians, really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These days with high quality bootleg stuff being made everywhere, just like with the Washington Redskins, fans will be able to buy Cleveland Indians forever.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
I have no problem with the name change, but "Guardians" is about as generic as you can get. I get that it's a reference to some local statues or something, but it's pretty bland.

Reactions: Scarlet4ever
Am I not supposed to say the word Indian anymore? Cleveland Native Americans would have been better I guess, or is that bad too?

The fans will keep calling them Indians and the media will say Guardians. Same thing with the Washington Redskins. Everybody is happy. At North Dakota, the fans still call them Fighting Sioux, chant Lets Go Sioux, and wear Fighting Sioux Gear to the games.

This is actually a pretty cool mascot - The Traffic Guardian.

7178209630_327d1b5831_b.jpg

Terrible name. Name changes in baseball are not so new, however. And some other names, like the Marlins, are pretty weak, too

As someone who cannot afford a private security detail for my family or domicile I am outright offended.
Where can I petition for another name change?

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
No doubt that in testing surveys the team admins found out women like the name. That's how things roll now.

Reactions: RUScrew85
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT