ADVERTISEMENT

OT: MLB and Cleveland Indians/Guardians, really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once they figure out that the Guardians are actually Curtis Sliwa's Guardian Angels, the Indiams will be searching for a new name. Maybe someone will be publishing a woke list so there will be no more errors.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
They probably did a Google search and it was the only word that ended in "ians" that was not deemed offensive.

Reactions: RUScrew85
How about Cleveland Rocks?
Rockers because of the Rock & Roll HOF being located in Cleveland.
Go back to the Spiders handle they used before 1900.
There also was the Cleveland Blues,that's better than the (galaxy) Guardians in my opinion
( but the Blue Men of Morocco might object and another name change needed)
Maybe call themselves the Cleveland Walleyes after a Lake Erie fish
Steelheads after a species of trout in that lake might even be better than Guardians.

Cleveland Steamers

749W.gif

Another vote for Spiders over Guardians, not that my opinion matters. They could've had a guy in a spider suit as their mascot in the stadium... a Spider Guy!

Or they could've gone for the computer nerd world and made it the Cleveland Big Endians!

Guardians sounds and even looks like Indians. DIANS. Actually think it’s kinda of clever.
If you must give in to Woke crowd and erase any reference to Native Americans…
Be careful what you wish for…Warriors? Braves? Blackhawks? Who is next?

Guardians sounds and even looks like Indians. DIANS. Actually think it’s kinda of clever.
The woke crowd is considered a bunch of whiners, you are fitting in well by trying to hijack this discussion into one about people you whine about .
That said : I'll woke it up and whine about Cleveland choosing a name because of this:
6db8a33f5a592d8eee0c63a950cbae6d.jpg

is on a bridge there

Reactions: redking
No doubt that in testing surveys the team admins found out women like the name. That's how things

As opposed to the good old days when women shut their mouths and got dinner on the table promptly, lessen they got some knuckles to the eye.

Amirite?!

Reactions: OTBOTOR
well the left is the most censoring and bigoted so not surprised. Funny how it's always one small subset that get's upset but when they survey native tribes they are all happy. tired of the indian bs and the rewriting of history. Love the Redskins name, loved the Indians name, love what FSU does

As opposed to the good old days when women shut their mouths and got dinner on the table promptly, lessen they got some knuckles to the eye.

Amirite?!
what's ironic here is that as a percent, women are more abusive than men and far more likely to be deadbeat moms. I do think with the incredible decline of husband on wife physical violence this is more apt in the 50s than 70yrs later no? amirite!

what's ironic here is that as a percent, women are more abusive than men and far more likely to be deadbeat moms. I do think with the incredible decline of husband on wife physical violence this is more apt in the 50s than 70yrs later no? amirite!
Sure, brah.

Reactions: ElmiraExpress
well the left is the most censoring and bigoted so not surprised. Funny how it's always one small subset that get's upset but when they survey native tribes they are all happy. tired of the indian bs and the rewriting of history. Love the Redskins name, loved the Indians name, love what FSU does
The subset that gets upset is you bitches. I couldn't care less what name a team in Ohio I've always rooted against goes by. Was fine with Indians, am fine with this. Will still be rooting against them.

Just look at this thread. The "left" is entirely dispassionate whereas angry cons going apesh4t ...again. Sad!

Sure, brah.
well if you're going to spout off stupidly at least do so with better pinache than citing 70yrs happenings lest you look foolish.

back on point, it's a fking joke to rename the Indians. How the fk is the Indians name offensive?

Feels like it's time for another rightard boycott!!! If every huge Indian fan in this thread just goes on full-time fan stike, you'll bring the organization to its knees ...just like you bros did in every other most successful past boycott.

Oh, wait ...I guess that won't work since you guys are already boycotting every sport ever, especially the woke mlb.

Oh well, I'm sure there'll be something else to get enraged about soon enough.

Throw in some black unis - all the youts like black unis - florescent numbers...

Black widow hourglass shape on the hat.

Eight eyes of the jumping spider hat for alternate/Sunday hats.

Eight fuzzy Tarantula legs drooping down from a hat they can sell to kids.

Big fuzzy Phanatic-like Spider mascot.

Once they figure out that the Guardians are actually Curtis Sliwa's Guardian Angels, the Indiams will be searching for a new name. Maybe someone will be publishing a woke list so there will be no more errors.

Cleveland Rainbows it is! They're gonna sell a million flags!

Cleveland Commies? They'll sell a lot of those flags too sadly,

Be careful what you wish for…Warriors? Braves? Blackhawks? Who is next?

Oh it's coming. I'm waiting for the Harvard and Rutgers name changes. We seem to have let them slide for some reason.

Also I think that's what they were thinking on the -dians suffix but it ended up lame.

To me Indians was about as far as it should go. Chief Wahoo HAD to go. That caricature was too much and I'm the antithesis of woke.

Fightin' Irish? THAT'S RACIST.

Last edited:
well if you're going to spout off stupidly at least do so with better pinache than citing 70yrs happenings lest you look foolish.

back on point, it's a fking joke to rename the Indians. How the fk is the Indians name offensive?

I'm not a big fan of the H1Bs taking American jobs. ; )

Reactions: RUTGERS95
This shit never ends. You really are reaching when you find the name Indians or Braves offensive. What's next?

The American Flag comes to mind as recently been linked to causing emotional pain to some on the Left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT