ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football Games Thread 9/2-9/4 Sat, Sun, Mon

Cole Synder with the huge pass for Buffalo down to the nine. Now the TD pass. And we chose Wimsatt and Simon, we're just fvcking cursed
I don't think your statement is totally fair. Yes, we did "recruit over" Snyder. That's life in the big leagues. We did NOT "give him the talk" or otherwise run him off. He could have chosen to stay and compete for the job. He chose to leave. Looks like he made the correct decision, and we wish him well.

Reactions: RUSK97 and sct1111
Gonna stay up late to watch PAC 12 After Dark and see some spectacular highlight action. Big 10 Network highlight show will feature Gerry Dinardo doing verbal gymmastics. Oh, nice job Purdue.

Prime hit that school like a hurricane on day one
I've followed him on Facebook where he posts 7 days a week.
He never posts negative or wavers.
"We comin..we gon do it.. we ready to shock the world" etc.
Prime makes players believe in themselves AND he lets them make mistakes as they come along.

Greg is the reverse of that and my biggest complaint is that he hovers over players like he doesn't trust them
First year player is "young and needs to learn."
Second year player is "coming along and slowly getting it" (but not done yet).
Third year is about "optimism".

Greg is like a nervous Italian mom that freaks out if sonny rides his bike down the street with his friends.
Greg is like a dark cloud.
I like Greg but seeing a lot of players as mistakes waiting to happen does not bring the best out.
Prime seens players as ready to do great things
Let's face it. If the kid who played both ways for cu today was on rutgers he would only be allowed on the field to cover kicks. The coming along slowly narrative of the above post nails it

Reactions: ashokan
TD pass from Allar…seems like he’ll be a better passer for them than Clifford.

It is going to be a long night for the hillbillies. You are playing psu and Pitt ooc. Their ad needed to buy out of one of those games.

Greg is the reverse of that and my biggest complaint is that he hovers over players like he doesn't trust them
First year player is "young and needs to learn."
Second year player is "coming along and slowly getting it" (but not done yet).
Third year is about "optimism".

Greg is like a nervous Italian mom that freaks out if sonny rides his bike down the street with his friends.
Greg is like a dark cloud.
I like Greg but seeing a lot of players as mistakes waiting to happen does not bring the best out.
Prime seens players as ready to do great things
Not a good take at all, and no need to go the Italian route.

I don't think your statement is totally fair. Yes, we did "recruit over" Snyder. That's life in the big leagues. We did NOT "give him the talk" or otherwise run him off. He could have chosen to stay and compete for the job. He chose to leave. Looks like he made the correct decision, and we wish him well.
You don't know the story, nor does anybody for sure, but reading several interviews and listening to a couple of interviews, it sure seems he was told he would not be the starter any time soon. To be put behind Simon was enough for him to move on. If last season and today with MAC talent around him vs Wisconsin does not show you he has displayed more talent then Gavin and Simon in game action, we can agree to disagree.

Reactions: Boomer2828
I think Snyder had more talent then we gave him credit for. I also think if he stayed here it would not have made much of a difference with both our talent and our scheme.

I happy he is getting a chance to play a d wish him well.

Reactions: RUScrew85
Well, somebody should have given him a chance instead of planting his ass glued to the bench as #3.

26/41 63.4% 194 yds. 2 TD 0 int.

Not world beating but playing with G5 talent against Wisconsin? We haven't had anyone come even close to those in numbers in four tries against them. His play last year I originally chalked up to playing a MAC schedule. But now, someone done fvcked up.

Well, somebody should have given him a chance instead of planting his ass glued to the bench as #3.

26/41 63.4% 194 yds. 2 TD 0 int.

Not world beating but playing with G5 talent against Wisconsin? We haven't had anyone come even close to those in numbers in four tries against them. His play last year I originally chalked up to playing a MAC schedule. But now, someone done fvcked up.
Didn’t see his stats for the game, solid stats for sure.

At least as good as Mordecai and probably better because of the INTs Mordecai threw

My man Aranda taking it on the chin and Texas State’s new coach GJ Kinne was a Heupel assistant at UCF and did a good job at Incarnate Word last year as HC

Last edited:
Reactions: cicero grimes
I turned on the Virginia Tech vs Old Dominion game. Their offense looks just like ours. 30 yds. east/west 2yd. gain.

2-0 VT after 1.

Reactions: cicero grimes
I turned on the Virginia Tech vs Old Dominion game. Their offense looks just like ours. 30 yds. east/west 2yd. gain.

2-0 VT after 1.
ODU’s new OC Kevin Decker comes from Fordham. Similar to Longo with Leach, he became a devotee to the Briles/Heupel offense. Mentioned him as possible OC for us but he’s only run the system for about a year or so at Fordham.

I’ll be interested to see how he does there.

9-0 VT

Make that 9-7 VT…sounds like he brought a qb from Fordham with him…only 13 career pass attempts

ODU’s new OC Kevin Decker comes from Fordham. Similar to Longo with Leach, he became a devotee to the Briles/Heupel offense. Mentioned him as possible OC for us but he’s only run the system for about a year or so at Fordham.

I’ll be interested to see how he does there.

9-0 VT

Make that 9-7 VT…sounds like he brought a qb from Fordham with him…only 13 career pass attempts
I just penciled in another win. I think I'm up to 15 wins on the season.

2 missed FGs by PSU still up 7
Excited Ric Flair GIF

Maybe WVU can make a game of it
Those two missed FGs are keeping them in the game. Not overly impressed with Allar- great arm, but only modest footspeed, so he needs to have good protection. This telecast is such a PSU suckfest - I have the sound off a lot. Can't root for PSU in football (I can, at times, in hoops, though).

Reactions: Knight Shift
Those two missed FGs are keeping them in the game. Not overly impressed with Allar- great arm, but only modest footspeed, so he needs to have good protection. This telecast is such a PSU suckfest - I have the sound off a lot. Can't root for PSU in football (I can, at times, in hoops, though).
haven't you been listening to the announcers slobbering all over Allar like he is the next Johnny Unitas?

In the psu game a pass hit the the Penn state receiver in the hands on a slant and he dropped it . Blackledge said twice it was an awful pass . wtf. Is he drunk ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT