ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football Games Thread 9/2-9/4 Sat, Sun, Mon

Gave up 65 in the natty too
Tough to go by this game against TCU… the schedule is going to be interesting. Having a QB like his son 4**** and a great season last year served them well . There are several other Jackson State players who also came along.

I didn't see the Michigan game but PSU looks like the best Big Ten team so far. OSU wasn't impressive at all.

Reactions: cicero grimes
I don't think your statement is totally fair. Yes, we did "recruit over" Snyder. That's life in the big leagues. We did NOT "give him the talk" or otherwise run him off. He could have chosen to stay and compete for the job. He chose to leave. Looks like he made the correct decision, and we wish him well.
Some people call that QB mismanagement?

Some people call that QB mismanagement?
No one I know calls it that. You ALWAYS try to upgrade your talent level, at every position. That's what the big boys do. If a player doesn't want to compete and chooses to leave, so be it.

The above is true as long as there is a fair competition. Snyder did not believe that there was, or that there would be going forward. Looks like he believed that Wimsatt was being handed the job. If that is what happened, that is mismanagement.

Read this in an Athletic article on Texas State.

Although the Bobcats won just four games a year ago, this is a drastically different squad. Kinne brought in the second-most newcomers in FBS to Colorado, adding 53 scholarship players this offseason via recruiting and the transfer portal. If Saturday is any indication, Texas State may be a factor in the Sun Belt this season

Although the Bobcats won just four games a year ago, this is a drastically different squad. Kinne brought in the second-most newcomers in FBS to Colorado, adding 53 scholarship players this offseason via recruiting and the transfer portal. If Saturday is any indication, Texas State may be a factor in the Sun Belt this season
Amazing how many coaches turn teams around quickly these days.

TT should run the ball a little, they have all 3 TOs. Kill some of the clock and see if you can get it in the endzone for the win.

Oh well so much for that. TT FGA to tie.

They make it. 20-20 41 secs left

Wyoming wins in 2OT… gets a TD on 4th and long facing a blitz and converts the mandatory 2pt conversion 35-33

Last edited:
Reactions: cicero grimes
Will Wimsatt throw 5 TD passes and 500 yards cumulatively over the course of the whole season?
Yes. I believe he will since in six starts last season he had 5 TDS and 757 yards so if he plays a whole season like you said he should surpass your benchmarks pretty easily.

No one I know calls it that. You ALWAYS try to upgrade your talent level, at every position. That's what the big boys do. If a player doesn't want to compete and chooses to leave, so be it.

The above is true as long as there is a fair competition. Snyder did not believe that there was, or that there would be going forward. Looks like he believed that Wimsatt was being handed the job. If that is what happened, that is mismanagement.
Lol. Of course it's mismanagement !

A little too hot of a take or true? In year 2, Aranda was 12-2, but went 6-7 in year 3 with a bowl loss. That would get him a statue in Piscataway. Is his seat hot?

IDK, maybe bc watchws on phone, but really did not seem like a crazy or special play. Got the impression from posts like this on X and announcer over the top reactions that they were trying to hard to create excitement?
Well 4th and 4 under duress and they complete a 33yd pass which is crucial for getting them to FG position is pretty nice play.

That Wyoming play in the face of the blitz and the Wyoming’s qb getting it to his hot read for the TD on 4th and long was also nice. It looked easy the way it happened but that was a very nice play imo. It tied the game and then they win it on the mandatory 2pt play.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Way to early but whose seat is hotter right now. Neal brown at WVU or Jeff hafley at bc?

P5 Baylor, BC and Purdue all lost to non P5 teams at home. Brutal
Fresno was a double digit win team last year and Tedford has done well there so they have potential to be a problem team to handle.

Texas State and NIU not so sure about them. I give credit to Briles/Heupel guy GJ Kinne though in notching a very big win for their program. Former LSU/Auburn QB Finley did a great job for them in game 1.

I thought the clock rule change in 2006 was bad (U of Hawaii literally ran out of time or they would’ve beaten Bama and Boise that year)...

I really hope they fix this because this is going to ruin college football by taking away almost half the plays.

Reactions: RUDead and redking
Will Wimsatt throw 5 TD passes and 500 yards cumulatively over the course of the whole season?

Will you stop being a asshole sometime during the course of the whole season,?

Yes. I believe he will since in six starts last season he had 5 TDS and 757 yards so if he plays a whole season like you said he should surpass your benchmarks pretty easily.

Reactions: colbert17
Fresno was a double digit win team last year and Tedford has done well there so they have potential to be a problem team to handle.

Texas State and NIU not so sure about them. I give credit to Briles/Heupel guy GJ Kinne though in notching a very big win for their program. Former LSU/Auburn QB Finley did a great job for them in game 1.
Purdue blew an 11 point lead in that game and allowed the winning TD in the last 60 seconds.

I thought the clock rule change in 2006 was bad (U of Hawaii literally ran out of time or they would’ve beaten Bama and Boise that year)...

I really hope they fix this because this is going to ruin college football by taking away almost half the plays.
I mentioned this in the other thread you brought it up in and referred to it above as well. The games have moved along nicely.

Some games had less snaps but others were about the same with 60-80 snaps per team. So it depends. Before all or most games might have a high volume snaps but now some will and some won't.

They want this for the CFP expansion and some day it might go to 16 teams even, so I wouldn't expect changes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT