ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football Games Thread 9/2-9/4 Sat, Sun, Mon

Just started watching had a bunch of farm chores to do. TCU is not known for defense. But have to give credit they just took the lead whereas they got shellacked last year. I hate that Sanders ditched the Cowboy hate. Also does he really need the bodyguards when he has two state troopers with him?
Those two guys are personal aids.

Reactions: William J. Leggett
Just started watching had a bunch of farm chores to do. TCU is not known for defense. But have to give credit they just took the lead whereas they got shellacked last year. I hate that Sanders ditched the Cowboy hate. Also does he really need the bodyguards when he has two state troopers with him?
Winning at half on the road as a 20pt underdog against a ranked team that made the championship last year is pretty good considering all the new faces and new offense.

I don’t know if they’ll pull off the win or how they will do this season but for one half I’d say good job.

Reactions: miket007 and czxqa
Btw just another thing about the Colorado OL and something I’ve mentioned with regards to ours when people complain..style of offense can help. UM just mentioned the same thing. If the ball comes out so fast your OL doesn’t have to hold their blocks as long.

Reactions: William J. Leggett
On Twitter (X), the comments from people I never thought would follow sports are into the game. I want to see the TV ratings for the game later this week.

Reactions: miket007
Wasn’t Mahogany projected as an early round draft pick before his injury? He’s back playing for BC today. Did his stock drop that much from the injury?

Iowa with an offense in Iowa is going to be near impossible for Rutgers. Had that in my, No Way Jose category and keeping it there.

Tenn almost 200yds rushing in the first half and 6ypc…as I say don’t assume all these Leach/Briles offenses don’t run the ball..many of them do and think it’s important

I hope Rutgers does the same thing by getting the ball into the hands of the playmakers as quickly as possible.

I hope Rutgers does the same thing by getting the ball into the hands of the playmakers as quickly as possible.
Hope springs eternal but I’m not optimistic until we change offensive philosophy and hire coaches that know it and breathe it. 🙁

Winning at half on the road as a 20pt underdog against a ranked team that made the championship last year is pretty good considering all the new faces and new offense.

I don’t know if they’ll pull off the win or how they will do this season but for one half I’d say good job.
Does TCU look like a top 25 team to you? Colorado is doing a helluva job but I bet this year's TCU team is more like the 5-7 2021 than the 12-2 2022 team. They lost a lot from players to coaches. But still Colorado is much improved. He hired good assistants and that's reflective of only having a few penalties.

Reactions: cicero grimes
If he can keep it going throughout the season or longer for sure ADs will come knocking.

Does TCU look like a top 25 team to you? Colorado is doing a helluva job but I bet this year's TCU team is more like the 5-7 2021 than the 12-2 2022 team. They lost a lot from players to coaches. But still Colorado is much improved.
I was thinking the same thing. TCU got a ton of breaks last year and easily could have been a 3 loss regular season team.

Reactions: koleszar
Does TCU look like a top 25 team to you? Colorado is doing a helluva job but I bet this year's TCU team is more like the 5-7 2021 than the 12-2 2022 team. They lost a lot from players to coaches.
As good as last year no way and they have lost a lot but nonetheless that’s their ranking currently and that what I’m referring to for today. OU looks improved this year and everyone is high on Texas this year too so I think it will be harder this year for TCU. I think anything from 6-9 wins so it’s a quite a range.

I was thinking the same thing. TCU got a ton of breaks last year and easily could have been a 3 loss regular season team.
They had quite a few comeback games last year that they pulled off so hard to expect that again…but Nebraska kept their close loss streak going so who knows lol

Reactions: cicero grimes
How was that not a block in the back? Right in front of the ref. as Sanders was scrambling. Man, refs just blow at their jobs. I know why coaches get livid, it was right in front of his face.

Wow big run out of the shadow of their endzone..thought he was gone to the house but 74yd run nonetheless for TCU

Oh man and TCU robbed in the redzone again with another INT lol…nice INT by Hunter

My God this QB for TCU blows. This guy couldn't even hold Max Duggans jock. TCU is going no where with this kid. He threw that to the inside when it should have been outside, bad throw.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT