ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New Music (Released January 2020 or Later)

I'm surprised nobody has posted the latest Stones single, "Sweet Sounds of Heaven." IMO, it's the best thing they've done since probably Some Girls and maybe even back to Exile on Main St. It's a throwback to their blues/gospel influences and roots and features an incredible duet by Mick and Lady Gaga over top of a driving emotional rollercoaster of rhythm supplied by Keith, Ronnie, Steve Jordan on drums and Stevie Wonder on keys.

It was essentially recorded live (read the review below), which can often make for amazing unexpected twists and this has one as the last 2 minute reprise (after 5 minutes of sweet sound) was completely unscripted and it soars. That's also why I'm linking the live performance in NYC from about a month ago, which is amazing. It's simply a fantastic song and this is coming from someone who has largely disparaged or ignored anything the band has done since 1980. This WILL be on my NYE playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt3ISLkIS38

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/.../the-rolling-stones-lady.../
You were right about Hackney Diamonds.
Surprise....it's a damn good album. Especially love the Keith tune.
Didn't see that one coming.

Reactions: RU848789
Reactions: Knight Shift
Surprised @RutHut has not posted this. And this may blow RutHut's mind. Love Waxahatchee, who has just announced a show at the Stone Pony Summer Stage in June.

Fantastic new song from upcoming album.

Wondering if @RUGuitarMan is familiar with MJ Lendermean, featured on the song above.

I am not familiar with Lenderman. Sounds pretty good. I did notice he is from Asheville , North Carolina which is a really good music town. Singer Roberta Flack and guitarist , singer Warren Haynes are both from there.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I am not familiar with Lenderman. Sounds pretty good. I did notice he is from Asheville , North Carolina which is a really good music town. Singer Roberta Flack and guitarist , singer Warren Haynes are both from there.
Yes. Something about mountains brings out good music in mountain musicians. Asheville and Blowing rock are fantastic areas.

Reactions: RUGuitarMan
Another 72 year old, Ace Frehley, new song from upcoming album. Meanwhile, Kiss retires and has not released new music in a very long time. Almost 1 million views on YouTube. Go Space Man.

A small band out of small town in France, deemed as "psych-metal", whatever that is, SLIFT has a new album out. Not exactly radio friendly with 9-11 minute jams.

Last edited:
Reactions: RutHut
This is a new song by Marcus King. This is interesting, different and very dark. Marcus is an extremely talented guitarist, singer and a good songwriter. Interestingly , this is a non guitar song that has a more current sonic feel to it:

Not a new song but enjoy the video.

Saw Tool at MSG a few weeks ago. Not much to see directly on the stage. Maynard James Keenan is in the shadows, drummer is deservedly center stage with spotlight on him. Sonically perfect and the video show behind them was mesmerizing. Not for everyone, but phenomenal if you like that sort of thing (no sing alongs).

Reactions: RutHut and Jm0513
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT