ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Mets 2023-2024 Off Season Thread

F those cheap Ba$t—ds. Lose draft picks/spots for spending money. League would be awesome with 25 Pittsburgh pirates

the hangover chow GIF

• Haha
Reactions: RUfinally2008
Cohen flew to Japan last week to meet Yamamoto.

Yankees getting very close to acquiring Soto.

Cohen flew to Japan last week to meet Yamamoto.

Yankees getting very close to acquiring Soto.
How close for Soto? SD was asking for a lot to trade Soto. SD can't be too greedy as they have financial problems such as paying players. Can't keep taking out loans.

How close for Soto? SD was asking for a lot to trade Soto. SD can't be too greedy as they have financial problems such as paying players. Can't keep taking out loans.
Seems like it's definitely going to happen close. Nothing is done until it's done though.

Signed P Michael Tonkin.
You look up "journeyman" in the dictionary, you see this guy's picture. His journeys have included Japan, Mexico, and Long Island. He did pitch pretty well for the Braves last year, so you never know.

We'll probably see Tonkin on the Mets at some point, because we always see EVERY depth pitcher on the Mets at some point.

Yankees- Soto- most likely going to happen. Yanks have the need as does SD...
Yanks will not give up as much as previously reported- guessing King will be a part of the trade. And also do not think Soto signs an extended contract either- it will be a 1 year rental.

• Wow
Reactions: RUfinally2008
For our Met's- I believe we are the ones to beat for Yamamoto and feel we get him, the other JP Pitcher or both.

Still need some help with the bats though- will be interesting

In the major league phase of the Rule 5 draft, the Mets selected some guy whose name no longer matters. They then traded him to the Red Sox for a pitcher named Ryan Ammons. He was the Sawx' 10th round pick in the 2023 amateur draft.

The Mets didn't lose anyone in the major league phase. That's good I guess. But since they only protected 28, it kinda says something about their farm system.

In the minor league phase, they selected a couple guys and lost a couple guys. We won't hear of any of them again. Unless we do.

EDIT - I posted this without looking that it was all already thoroughly covered. Sorry.

In the major league phase of the Rule 5 draft, the Mets selected some guy whose name no longer matters. They then traded him to the Red Sox for a pitcher named Ryan Ammons. He was the Sawx' 10th round pick in the 2023 amateur draft.

The Mets didn't lose anyone in the major league phase. That's good I guess. But since they only protected 28, it kinda says something about their farm system.

In the minor league phase, they selected a couple guys and lost a couple guys. We won't hear of any of them again. Unless we do.

EDIT - I posted this without looking that it was all already thoroughly covered. Sorry.
That speaks volumes of a sh*tshow organization under the Coupons. BVW and Sandy were an extension of the idiots running the crazy ward.

Eduardo Rodriguez is reportedly down to two teams and will decide tomorrow.

Probably not good news for the Mets, who reportedly had viewed him as a Plan B in case they miss on Yamamoto. Looks like he will be off the table by then.

Eduardo Rodriguez is reportedly down to two teams and will decide tomorrow.

Probably not good news for the Mets, who reportedly had viewed him as a Plan B in case they miss on Yamamoto. Looks like he will be off the table by then.
Yup Arizona.

Apparently Cohen/Stearns met with Ohtani before heading to Japan to meet with Yamomoto, and the meeting "went well" per Andy Martino, so the Mets are the likely "mystery team" that's still in the sweepstakes that the media keeps referring to.

The reporting on Shohei is such a joke. He's probably just chilling at home and his agent is taking calls from the Mets, Dodgers, Blue Jays, Giants, etc trying to see who will bid the highest.

Baty kinda “ lost” his spot didn't he.
I would not go that far. I think it will be an open competition with Vientos in the mix as well. At least that's what Stearns seems to be saying. Mets are going to go with what they've got at third, and focus on signing one or more outfielders. And of course pitching.

Now watch them sign Chapman tomorrow. 🙂

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Obviously Baty is young, less than 400 ABs To date. Pretty swing but jury definitely still out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT