ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Yankees 2023-2024 Off Season Thread

Higashioka was mediocre at best behind the plate this past season.
Weak throwing out base runners and preventing passed balls/wild pitches combined with an inferior bat is a bad combination. His time here was done.
Seemed to me the pitchers were best with him at the plate. And seemed his hits were often clutch. He was also was claimed to
be great team mate.

Seemed to me the pitchers were best with him at the plate. And seemed his hits were often clutch. He was also was claimed to
be great team mate.
I'm sure he was a great teammate and the pitchers loved pitching to him. This past season I just remember too many passed balls, weak throws to second, and double plays grounded into. Also, strikeouts with a runner on third and less than two outs.
His time thankfully was up here.

Reactions: RW90 and MitchLL
Hearing a rumor of Ohtani to Toronto.
I've been saying that for a week. If they pay him year round instead of just during the season he would save a ton on taxes. Blue Jays have had Labatt money to spend for years. They have never tapped into it until this opportunity.

I don't even follow baseball but was at Moores Tavern in Freehold watching the Army/Navy game when the bartender told me about the deal Ohtani did with the Dodgers!

If the Yanks spent 70 million on one player, how would you guys react? I don't know it's wise to put 1/4 of your payroll into one player no matter how good they are.

If the Yanks spent 70 million on one player, how would you guys react? I don't know it's wise to put 1/4 of your payroll into one player no matter how good they are.
It's starting to sound like the 10-year $700 million figure is complete BS. A huge portion is deferred, as in Bobby Bonilla 2.0.

It's starting to sound like the 10-year $700 million figure is complete BS. A huge portion is deferred, as in Bobby Bonilla 2.0.
you mean he is going to get 1 mil for 200 years?

BB was already 2.7 and surpassed by the next 30 or so guys with much higher deferred, including some Tanks....just sayying

You know Scott Boras loves this. He's going to ask for $50 million a year for Soto now.

• Love
Reactions: Rutgers NJ
Regarding the NYY pitching needs... first choice for me is Josh Hader.

A closer that starts the 9th inning with HBP or walk won't cut it.

Yeah, Holmes...I'm talking bout you.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Regarding the NYY pitching needs... first choice for me is Josh Hader.

A closer that starts the 9th inning with HBP or walk won't cut it.

Yeah, Holmes...I'm talking bout you.
Yamamoto and then Hader.

Reactions: Kbee3
Weren't the Yankees #2 on over spending? Looking like the Dodgers will set to new bar going forward though.
They were $65 million less then the Mets! Which is more then Oakland and Baltimore spent on their teams.

They were $65 million less then the Mets! Which is more then Oakland and Baltimore spent on their teams.
Calm down, geez, I merely asked if the Yankees had the 2nd highest payroll. What Oakland and Baltimore spent was irrelevant to my question.

Calm down, geez, I merely asked if the Yankees had the 2nd highest payroll. What Oakland and Baltimore spent was irrelevant to my question.
It is relevant as many would think that $65 million is nothing after a single player is making more in a year then 2 of MLB franchises but the Mets out distancing the field is a big difference.

Reactions: Kbee3
I don't think he gets a sniff unless Yamamoto goes elsewhere. If he does, I could see a Monty/super bullpen situation coming.
Not sure I can take another season of Holmes starting the 9th inning with a HBP and a walk.

With a one run lead, btw.

Yankees trade Florial to Cleveland for minor league pitcher Cody Morris.

And to his surprise- Devito's family didnt just order the Chicken cutlets and a bottle of Chianti...They had the seafood tower, gold leaf kobe steaks and mult bottles of Opus One Double Magnums and after dinner RM Louis XIII lol
Aaron was seen on the phone with his agent to renegotiate his contract. lol

Just kidding- very class act. Judge has always been that way.

They have not scheduled a game time for Monday April 8th when they play the Marlins in the first of a three game series to finish their opening homestand.It's their only home game of the season for which a game time has not been announced.I can't imagine that they're worried about people watching the solar eclipse that day-about 90 per cent in NYC-and forget about going to the game.It can't be for TV as the Mets-Braves will probably be the headline game.Is the NCAA Mens BB Championship Game scheduled for that night?
The Cleveland Guardians also lack a game time for that day,their home opener.
The city is going to be mobbed for the eclipse which will be total there and for the Women's BB Championship Game on the 7th.Hotel rooms are going for around a grand a night,suites to the Moon.
If they start the game at around 1PM,the 7th inning stretch will be the eeriest of all time with the eclipse happening at around 3:20 PM.As far as I can ascertain,it will be the first time in USA sports history that a game will be played with an ongoing total eclipse of the Sun.
The Guardians should just make a trade for Sonny Gray and be done with it.

They have not scheduled a game time for Monday April 8th when they play the Marlins in the first of a three game series to finish their opening homestand.It's their only home game of the season for which a game time has not been announced.I can't imagine that they're worried about people watching the solar eclipse that day-about 90 per cent in NYC-and forget about going to the game.It can't be for TV as the Mets-Braves will probably be the headline game.Is the NCAA Mens BB Championship Game scheduled for that night?
The Cleveland Guardians also lack a game time for that day,their home opener.
The city is going to be mobbed for the eclipse which will be total there and for the Women's BB Championship Game on the 7th.Hotel rooms are going for around a grand a night,suites to the Moon.
If they start the game at around 1PM,the 7th inning stretch will be the eeriest of all time with the eclipse happening at around 3:20 PM.As far as I can ascertain,it will be the first time in USA sports history that a game will be played with an ongoing total eclipse of the Sun.
The Guardians should just make a trade for Sonny Gray and be done with it.
Dude put down the pipe!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT