ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Area Hockey Fans

The parking lot parties were way better than a parade. I got to see the entire thing instead of it rolling past me. And we got to do it three times. It's also hilarious that Rangers fans like to pound their chest about having a bigger fanbase. First of all, who cares? They don't give out Cups for who has the biggest fanbase. Second, the Rangers play in the middle of Manhattan and have been around for almost 100 years, of course they're going to have a much bigger fanbase.
Speaking of fan bases, I went to a ranger game a few weeks ago (it was a gift for someone), that goal song is so f’n stupid, and all the 25-40 year NY dudes are so into it, like 4 year olds singing along to Barney. The rangers got destroyed, which was great, but I was hoping they didn’t score again just so I didn’t have to witness the bros in front of me chanting goaaal aaal aaal hey hey hey again. Cringe worthy, especially when you’re losing 5-2.

Speaking of fan bases, I went to a ranger game a few weeks ago (it was a gift for someone), that goal song is so f’n stupid, and all the 25-40 year NY dudes are so into it, like 4 year olds singing along to Barney. The rangers got destroyed, which was great, but I was hoping they didn’t score again just so I didn’t have to witness the bros in front of me chanting goaaal aaal aaal hey hey hey again. Cringe worthy, especially when you’re losing 5-2.
I actually like their goal song and the fact that it is original. On the other hand, I also like that the Devils use a New Jersey band for their goal song, even though I don't really care for Gaslight Anthem.

I actually like their goal song and the fact that it is original. On the other hand, I also like that the Devils use a New Jersey band for their goal song, even though I don't really care for Gaslight Anthem.
I know I’m biased as a devils fan, but they got it right when it comes to the horn, gaslight song, siren. Now I just wish they had more reasons to use it haha

Last edited:
Reactions: robcac26
As an Islanders fan i don't disagree. Even with the trade i don't see enough offense on this roster.
Agreed. Lou & Barry love their defense, but when you're top third of the league in goal differential, but bottom third in goals scored...you clearly have a top D but a scoring deficiency. "Nobody I want to spend $200 on for a jersey"

Reactions: jreinsdorf
As an Islanders fan i don't disagree. Even with the trade i don't see enough offense on this roster.
Don't like the Pageau deal for the Isles. That said, no better way to fit in than fighting a dude for a big hit like he did last night.

Don't like the Pageau deal for the Isles. That said, no better way to fit in than fighting a dude for a big hit like he did last night.
I like but don't love the deal. I mean they got a right handed centerman who puts the puck in the net at a respectable pace and he's still young. The contract isn't terribly long either so im fine with it. Time will tell.

I like but don't love the deal. I mean they got a right handed centerman who puts the puck in the net at a respectable pace and he's still young. The contract isn't terribly long either so im fine with it. Time will tell.
It's not a bad contract but giving up a 1,2 for a guy whose had 1 decent year offensively is risky

Reactions: jreinsdorf
Lundquist is getting into the HOF.

But, yes, a shame that he wont win a cup. But, it's not an easy prize to win.

I know he'll get in, how many goalies are in the Hall without a cup? Not too many, another Ranger - Giacomin and also Russian Vladislav Tretiak.

I know he'll get in, how many goalies are in the Hall without a cup? Not too many, another Ranger - Giacomin and also Russian Vladislav Tretiak.
The Hockey Hall of Fame actually works like it is the Hockey Hall of Fame and not the NHL Hall of Fame. They value what happens in international competitions like the Olympics and World Cup, and Lundquist's success playing for Sweden added to his NHL career makes him a lock.

Reactions: robcac26

Agree, but he is also currently #6 in wins all-time.
With a decent defense, he had s shot to win a Cup.
Unfortunately, except that one trip to the Finals, the Rangers struggle mightily from preventing shots against.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT