ADVERTISEMENT

OT- OFFICIAL 2017 YANKEES SEASON THREAD

Big win tonight. Needed that win before Duda gets here tomorrow for the Rays.
Bullpen looks like it's stabilized.

Big win tonight. Needed that win before Duda gets here tomorrow for the Rays.
Bullpen looks like it's stabilized.
I'm assuming that was a shot at Duda, so when he wins a game this series, just remember YOU brought on the bad karma,lol.

I'm assuming that was a shot at Duda, so when he wins a game this series, just remember YOU brought on the bad karma,lol.

Tampa Rays ball club sing this song,
Duda, Duda,
Tampa Rays line-up five miles long,
Oh, Duda day.
Goin to swing all night,
Goin to swing all day,
I bet my money on a bob-tailed Yank,
Somebody bet on the Bay.

The special feeling this team had in early June has returned. The stadium is packed and rocking every night. Let's keep the good times rolling.

Great victory. Tanaka...wow. Bombs away by the youth group. And a fast game too! Back in 1st place!!
Go Yanks

The special feeling has definitely returned... between the solid starting pitching, the crazy win on Thursday night, vintage Tanaka, and the success of the young guys, this team seems to have gotten its mojo back.

Great win, good to be back in first, but I still worry about Cashman giving up too much for a pitcher. Gray would be nice in the rotation, but we can't part with a top prospect.

Reactions: Kbee3
The weather the past few days is really getting me excited for playoff baseball. There's a fall crispness in the air right now. Can't wait for these big games down the stretch.

Tampa Rays ball club sing this song,
Duda, Duda,
Tampa Rays line-up five miles long,
Oh, Duda day.
Goin to swing all night,
Goin to swing all day,
I bet my money on a bob-tailed Yank,
Somebody bet on the Bay.
You got that from Blazing Saddles, right?

Gift win from the Rays, SS watches slow grounder go by him.... omg AL baseball

The weather the past few days is really getting me excited for playoff baseball. There's a fall crispness in the air right now. Can't wait for these big games down the stretch.

Don't get to excited. We've got 8 more weeks of steam to go!

Great win, good to be back in first, but I still worry about Cashman giving up too much for a pitcher. Gray would be nice in the rotation, but we can't part with a top prospect.
One of the upcoming problems is that the Yankees are going to have trouble protecting all of their prospects in the next Rule 5 draft. You can only protect so many kids so it may be worth it to make a reasonable trade for Gray since he's under team control for the next 2 seasons. After arbitration, Gray should make about 8 million next season.

One of the upcoming problems is that the Yankees are going to have trouble protecting all of their prospects in the next Rule 5 draft. You can only protect so many kids so it may be worth it to make a reasonable trade for Gray since he's under team control for the next 2 seasons. After arbitration, Gray should make about 8 million next season.
Can you post some more details, forgot the particulars of the Rule 5. Thanks! Also just saw we acquired Jaime Garcia.

I think Garcia is in part, insurance for an innings limitation on Montgomery.
Both Montgomery and Severino are getting up there in innings. I think Severino is already at a career high in innings pitched. Plus the two guys the sent to the Twins, Littel and Enns, would have had to be on the 40 man or be exposed for the rule 5 draft, so this opens up at least one, maybe 2 spots. Finally, it helps put a little pressure on the A's in the Gray deal and is insurance in case that falls through.
Garcia is basically a guy who eats innings, not a huge get but there are a lot of other reasons this deal made a lot of sense for the Yankees.

Garcia was brought in to solidify the number 5 position, that's all. Gray is still in play but in my opinion, I don't think we're going to go all in to get him. The asking prices seems steep to me.

Sonny Gray lol lol, ohhhhh 6 game winner joins Yanks lol

Last edited:
It sounds like a very equal trade in name value, but I think the Yanks got the better end of the deal due to the injury status of the 2. It will be interesting to see if Gray can pitch in NY.

The more I see of Sanchez behind the plate the more I see a future first baseman. Doesn't call a good game. Always gets crossed upped. Leads the majors in passed balls. Giradi on Fatso last week when asked if he was getting better behind the plate said hes got a long way to go, a work in progress. A honest assessment certainly not a glowing endorsement. Having a tough time behind the plate tonight.
Romine is a much better catcher. Got banged up yesterday but needs to catch more.

The more I see of Sanchez behind the plate the more I see a future first baseman. Doesn't call a good game. Always gets crossed upped. Leads the majors in passed balls. Giradi on Fatso last week when asked if he was getting better behind the plate said hes got a long way to go, a work in progress. A honest assessment certainly not a glowing endorsement. Having a tough time behind the plate tonight.
Romine is a much better catcher. Got banged up yesterday but needs to catch more.
He is not moving. I am not saying he is the best catcher, but he has a lot of potential.

Out of curiosity, how do you know what kind of game he calls?

He is not moving. I am not saying he is the best catcher, but he has a lot of potential.

John Flaherty told him.
Sanchez has a better arm. And will get better behind the plate and as a hitter.
And Romine can't hit.

Anytime a catcher has to go out and talk to the pitcher 50 times a game there is an issue. He seems to never be on the same page. He was crossed up 4 times last night in one inning.
He is a great hitter. A Yankee star but right now a liability behind the plate. He is young but Giradi flat out said he needs to get better.
Try to find the interview last week Giradi and Fatso. There is nothing complementary from Giradi and sounded a bit frustrated.

Anyway another great win and Gray on his way!

That's an impartial assessment on Sanchez's catching abilities. I think he can improve those numbers... remember that Jorge Posada was a subpar defensive catcher early in his career (including a couple of seasons of 17/18 PB). He improved and thankfully the organization stuck with him as a catcher. Lets hope for the same from Sanchez.

Reactions: Kbee3 and WhiteBus
Winner of the Sonny Gray Newspaper Headline of the Day Is The New York Daily News:

"SONNY WITH A CHANCE OF REIGN"

Reactions: WhiteBus
Tough loss tonight.
BTW, when did Holliday change uniforms with Headley ? He's killing us.

That DP in the 8th was a total killer. I'm glad he gives "veteran leadership" because he isn't giving much else right now.

That DP in the 8th was a total killer. I'm glad he gives "veteran leadership" because he isn't giving much else right now.

He's a career .300 hitter. There aren't that many of those around. He'll break out of this slump sooner or later. I just hope it's not later.
Anyway, he DID hit that big homer vs. Bosux closer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT