ADVERTISEMENT

OT- OFFICIAL 2017 YANKEES SEASON THREAD

You are remarkably...consistently wrong. It's amazing.
You're like the guy in the bar that everybody listens to talk about sports.....so they know who NOT to bet on.
It's a gift I guess.
Okay Cliff.

You are remarkably...consistently wrong. It's amazing.
You're like the guy in the bar that everybody listens to talk about sports.....so they know who NOT to bet on.
It's a gift I guess.

Damn, I guess I must have mixed it all up but I thought DJ and you cheer on the same team...

Only talking about baseball- we know that you are not a PSU fan like kbee is.

Ya know.....I've been called many things....but never THAT. Some of my in-laws in Pennsylvania would be surprised to hear that.
BTW, I've probably been cursing out Pedd St. and their fans since before you were born.
Nice try though.

I thought it was very clear that I meant that this year's AL East was the most competitive division there has ever been.
That is because I looked at the standings and thought that I'd never seen a division where the worst teams were as good as this year's AL East cellar dwellers are.
So wrong it boggles the mind.All the AL East is proving this season is that it is filled with a collection of very average teams top to bottom. Not much else, I'm afraid.

So is it true that Frazier is the first rookie since Bobby Murcer to hit a walk off home run?

So is it true that Frazier is the first rookie since Bobby Murcer to hit a walk off home run?

During the post-game show I think it was mentioned Tyler Austin had one last season which was the first for a rookie since Melky's in 2006

Ok, I watched the entire HR Derby, and at the beginning I was hoping Judge would be knocked out 1st round.After watching Sanchez beat Gio, I was hoping he and Judge would meet in the finals,even though I figured Yankee fans would be unbearable,lol. By the end, I was rooting for him to win.It pains me to say it,but Judge is the real deal,and seems by all accounts a very likeable kid,if for no other reason by how genuine the other players celebrated with him. Barring a major injury, or a Strawberry/Gooden type drug problem,I'm afraid this kid will dominate the NY sports back page for years to come,ugh.

Reactions: Kbee3
Bobby Murcer's walk off gave the win to Lindy McDaniel who hit a walkoff homer himself for the Cubs in 1963 to put them into first place.

Yes it does feel nice being in first place the year when we are supposed to still be rebuilding because it's the last year we have a fortune tied up with cc and arod. Knowing we will sign either Machado or Harper next year to add to judge Sanchez and the rest and still have money to add a quality pitcher makes me laugh at people like you.

Good luck with your futureless team whoever they may be. If it's the Mets then quit baseball fandom for your own health and sanity.
You can forget Harper,Sparky.http://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...days-its-pretty-crazy-and-hectic--474856.html

Fine with me..we have plenty of OF prospects past judge and Frazier like McKinney, Blake Rutherford, the kid who for hurt his first game up, and florial. I'd rather sign Machado at third.

Plus he would change his tune is the money is right mighty quick.

P-I-T-C-H-I-N-G

P-I-T-C-H-I-N-G
With cc and arod off the books next year and ellsbury the year after, we will be able to sign one is Machado and Harper plus 2-3 pitchers. My guess is we sign two and trade Mateo who is back to a superstar for another

With cc and arod off the books next year and ellsbury the year after, we will be able to sign one is Machado and Harper plus 2-3 pitchers. My guess is we sign two and trade Mateo who is back to a superstar for another

Well, if you figure only Severino and Montgomery from this year's rotation will be in next year's, then you need THREE starters....two if you wanna throw Chance Adams in there. Then the team needs relief help....especially to replace Clippard....preferably with a lefty.
We don't need to sign a high-priced outfielder. Maybe Machado at 3rd. But then where does Gleyber play ? We are fine at short and second and both guys are 27
It's pitching the Yankees should focus on.

Reactions: Rhuarc
Well, if you figure only Severino and Montgomery from this year's rotation will be in next year's, then you need THREE starters....two if you wanna throw Chance Adams in there. Then the team needs relief help....especially to replace Clippard....preferably with a lefty.
We don't need to sign a high-priced outfielder. Maybe Machado at 3rd. But then where does Gleyber play ? We are fine at short and second and both guys are 27
It's pitching the Yankees should focus on.
Move 6'7 Acevedo to rp and call up the guy we traded McCann for who throws 100 and we're fine at rp..like I said in the quote you posted though, I think you're right on the 3 sp..sign two and trade for one controllable one using mateo or sign one and trade for two controllable options (or one controllable and one rental)...whatever nets us the most.

Move gleybar to 2b and trade Castro before we have to pay him.

Uh oh.
Why would the Yankees be trading one of their Tylers for a AAA 1st baseman if Bird was coming back anytime soon ?
Too many injuries on this club.

More bad news.....ESPN is reporting that Michael Pineda needs Tommy John surgery.
Now they may HAVE to give Chance a chance.

More bad news.....ESPN is reporting that Michael Pineda needs Tommy John surgery.
Now they may HAVE to give Chance a chance.
The only positive about this is that at least the Yanks don't have to make the tough call of whether or not to pay him. I probably would have let him walk, but what do i know?

And, of course, Castro wasn't running like a guy who is healed from hamstring issues.

Figured I'd bump the Yankees thread with some trade deadline chatter. Yankees made a big trade with the White Sox obviously and I don't think they're finished. The need for another SP is evident. Seems like they're pretty engaged with Oakland in talks for Sonny Gray. The A's have been scouting the Yankees system pretty hard the past few days. Apparently they're really interested in 19 year old OF Estevan Florial and SS Jorge Mateo.
Floral has a chance to be a star CF and Mateo has been on fire since being promoted to AA. They're both very good prospects but I'd be willing to part with both of them. This is what I would offer: Florial, Mateo, Acevedo, Adams for Gray/Alonso. Fills the need for a SP and a 1B with some lefty pop.

Figured I'd bump the Yankees thread with some trade deadline chatter. Yankees made a big trade with the White Sox obviously and I don't think they're finished. The need for another SP is evident. Seems like they're pretty engaged with Oakland in talks for Sonny Gray. The A's have been scouting the Yankees system pretty hard the past few days. Apparently they're really interested in 19 year old OF Estevan Florial and SS Jorge Mateo.
Floral has a chance to be a star CF and Mateo has been on fire since being promoted to AA. They're both very good prospects but I'd be willing to part with both of them. This is what I would offer: Florial, Mateo, Acevedo, Adams for Gray/Alonso. Fills the need for a SP and a 1B with some lefty pop.

The only one I've heard that I like is Ellsbury for Verlander.
Personally, I'd stay the course and leave the farm system as well-stocked as it is.

Personally, I'd stay the course and leave the farm system as well-stocked as it is.
Every Yankee fan likes that. It will never happen. I saw the Giglio article that brings this up. He must be smoking something. The Tigers are only looking to trade Verlander as a salary dump. They arent trading him for another big contract.

I'd have no problem giving up good low level prospects for Sonny Gray. He's a very good pitcher and he's controllable through 2020. It's not like he's a rental. To me it's a no-brainer for the Yanks.

I'd have no problem giving up good low level prospects for Sonny Gray. He's a very good pitcher and he's controllable through 2020. It's not like he's a rental. To me it's a no-brainer for the Yanks.

Maybe the holdup is the Yanks wanting to include Alonzo along with Gray and their desire to have the A's take a veteran (Headley T. Frazier) along with the identities of any prospects. I'd even be willing to try Ellsbury at first, his production couldn't be much worse then what they've gotten so far.

Tigers don't want Ellsbury. And honestly I wouldn't want Verlander and the dough he's owed - this isn't the 2011 Verlander we're talking here. He's 34 years old. Do you want another Sabathia contract around the Yanks neck? He's owed $28MM a year for the next 3 years.

Heck of a game ! Getting TB starter Archer out of the game was key , that guy is good !

Fought their way back fro 5-3 deficit. Todd F had a key role, and of course Brett Gardner with the dramatic walk off hr.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT