ADVERTISEMENT

OT- OFFICIAL 2017 YANKEES SEASON THREAD

How the hell did High Pitch Erik from the Wack Pack get front row seats?
YhdRYse_d.jpg

Hitting needs to come around before the hole gets too big to dig out of.

Two nice victories after Thursday and Fridays error fest. Judge goes yard today.

They need to get Sanchez the hell away from catching and make him a DH for now. He's brutal.

Everybody but Toronto won in the American League East today.

They need to get Sanchez the hell away from catching and make him a DH for now. He's brutal.

Sanchez will be fine.
Romine can't hit and couldn't throw me out trying to steal second.

Sanchez will be fine.
Romine can't hit and couldn't throw me out trying to steal second.
People keep saying he will be fine. Even Giradi says he has a long way to go.
It is a tough position. Its not for everyone.

People keep saying he will be fine. Even Giradi says he has a long way to go. It is a tough position. Its not for everyone.

Better question is what were Gary Sanchez's minor league coaches doing all these years to prepare him to be a major league ready catcher?

Better question is what were Gary Sanchez's minor league coaches doing all these years to prepare him to be a major league ready catcher?
I think it such a big jump from minors to big leagues. And its the pressure under the big lights. He hasnt improved behind the plate this season, in fact he has gone backwards.

Reactions: Kbee3
I think it such a big jump from minors to big leagues. And its the pressure under the big lights. He hasnt improved behind the plate this season, in fact he has gone backwards.

I agree with all of that.
I like his bat. I like his throwing arm.
And frankly I can't think of the last Yankees catcher that I wasn't disappointed with due to the large number of passed balls/wild pitches. Maybe it was Girardi.
Romine is a back-up catcher.

Ah. You let me down. The correct answer is "I'm Kelly Clarkson."

Do you remember that bit?
You got me all right. :fistbump:
I do remember, but I have listened to HSS less and less as time goes on.
Anyway, was wondering how a guy on welfare gets in such high priced seats--somebody must have given them to him. Kind of ballsy to wear an Atlanta hat.

Reactions: Ole Cabbagehead
No doubt the Yanks miss Castro and Hicks, but one of the things that stands out to me is the number of 'regulars' who strike-out alot. Judge, Headley. Sanchez, Holliday, Romine, both Fraziers, and when he was here, Chris Carter strike-out better then one out of every four at bats. Not sure how that compares to other teams, but I would think if you're not putting the ball in play, its going to impact he number of runs you score.

O.K.
It's Showtime. Three games at home vs. the Bosux, then....after four games vs. one of those teams just playing out the season....three up in Boston.
The Yankees bats better come out of the deep freeze.

Reactions: Rhuarc
Except for that 8th inning.... ;)

That was a huge win for the Yanks. You figure the Red Sux win on Sunday with Sale pitching. Win with Severino tomorrow and this series is a success.

That was awful. Big error by Frazier. And Severino stunk.

Never thought that young kid would get a hit on Chapman, much less a homer.

Looks like Reed tried to give them another win.
Looks like Reed tried to give them another win.
Reed was showing signs of this plenty of times. I'm surprised there were takers for him. I never could understand, even last season as a setup man, how he was getting so many holds.Always in the 90-93 mph range with only average secondary pitches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT