ADVERTISEMENT

OT- OFFICIAL 2017 YANKEES SEASON THREAD

The future is bright, just tweaking roster. Those sold were free agents who we were not signing. I did want Bruce. Mets traded for a reliever to go with familia so we are set there going forward. Conforto is a star, yes better than any yankee. Rosario is our Jeter but with more skills. We need a catcher and 3rd base. We have money coming off books and will be ready to battle next yr. injuries killed this yr. opps there goes another pass ball by sanchez

Dude, I'm a Met's fan but you have to be kidding..."tweaking" the roster? You feel great about any reliever to go with Familia? Hell, I am not comfortable with Familia. I agree that it looks like Conforto has star written on him but Yanks are sitting on 3 pretty good young players. Can't tell which of all of them will be the best or worse. Rosario - comeon, you can't even compare him to Reyes much less Jeter. Kid has played like 4 games. That just sounds damn stupid. And do you think money coming off the books means that the Met's will spend any of it. And if they do, will they spend it well.

I'm thinking your thoughts should be in the Met's threat and not trying to compare pricks when you are standing in the cold pool.

Reactions: c10j10s
Dude, I'm a Met's fan but you have to be kidding..."tweaking" the roster? You feel great about any reliever to go with Familia? Hell, I am not comfortable with Familia. I agree that it looks like Conforto has star written on him but Yanks are sitting on 3 pretty good young players. Can't tell which of all of them will be the best or worse. Rosario - comeon, you can't even compare him to Reyes much less Jeter. Kid has played like 4 games. That just sounds damn stupid. And do you think money coming off the books means that the Met's will spend any of it. And if they do, will they spend it well.

I'm thinking your thoughts should be in the Met's threat and not trying to compare pricks when you are standing in the cold pool.

I agree on all of that....including the praise of Conforto. He looks like a keeper.

Just curious why you guys didn't start a thread dedicated to this series???

Man, if they Yankee fans invaded the Mets thread like this, half of them would be running to John O for bannings and refunds.

Reactions: knight82 and Kbee3
Man, if they Yankee fans invaded the Mets thread like this, half of them would be running to John O for bannings and refunds.
You are so funny. Invading? This isn't the Beaches of Normandy. Some of us just are responding. Would expect and have seen the same from Yankee fans on the Mets thread

The future is bright, just tweaking roster. Those sold were free agents who we were not signing. I did want Bruce. Mets traded for a reliever to go with familia so we are set there going forward. Conforto is a star, yes better than any yankee. Rosario is our Jeter but with more skills. We need a catcher and 3rd base. We have money coming off books and will be ready to battle next yr. injuries killed this yr. opps there goes another pass ball by sanchez
You can have all the money you want coming off the books but the players need to actually want to play there. Your ownership has done a nightmarish job of showing they actually give a crap about anything but saving money. Good luck with that.

Reactions: Kbee3
You are so funny. Invading? This isn't the Beaches of Normandy. Some of us just are responding. Would expect and have seen the same from Yankee fans on the Mets thread
I have no problem with regular talk. Trolling these threads is stupid and that's what most of the recent posts are.

Something is definitely wrong with him.
There has been something wrong with him going all year. Looking back on this thread we all saw a problem late April against the Red Sox. I think he was overused late last year. Some time off can do his body good.

At the very least, and it is the least, the Mets showcased some young talent that will be dominating the back pages for a long time.The Yankees have some great young talent too,combined with an unlimited payroll.I feel like it's Rutgers vs the Ohio States and Michigan's of the world all over again.

Haha. My bad man. Thought that was a bitter Met fan defeat post. My apologies. :flushed:
An apology isn't good enough: you owe me a drink for that!
m2211_zpsnkds8zdv.gif

And Kay Bee Toys is still angry.

I don't get the Mets fans coming in here to taunt the Yankees fans when they lost the game. Or the Yankees fans being more concerned with the Mets than catching the Red Sox or holding off the Angels, Twins, Royals, Seahawks, Rays, Orioles and Rangers for the wild card spot.

Mets traded 80 hrs away last 2 weeks and most of team on DL.......

Wait. That looked like one of their five 20-game winners pitching vs. the Yanks last night......Jacob something ?
I thought I saw Cespedes and Conforto and Granderson. and D'Arnaud and Flores and Legares out there.
Do the Yanks get any bonus points for not having Castro, Holliday, and Bird out there last night ?
Every team has injuries.
Just try to stay ahead of the Phillies.

Don't have to catch the Red Sox if you win the wild card game, win your division series, and then beat the Red Sox in the ALCS.
Agreed, but.....
I don't get the Mets fans coming in here to taunt the Yankees fans when they lost the game. Or the Yankees fans being more concerned with the Mets than catching the Red Sox or holding off the Angels, Twins, Royals, Seahawks, Rays, Orioles and Rangers for the wild card spot.

Wait. That looked like one of their five 20-game winners pitching vs. the Yanks last night......Jacob something ?
I thought I saw Cespedes and Conforto and Granderson. and D'Arnaud and Flores and Legares out there.
Do the Yanks get any bonus points for not having Castro, Holliday, and Bird out there last night ?
Every team has injuries.
Just try to stay ahead of the Phillies.
Bird,really? Your putting him in the same category as players that have established Major League careers?I don't recall one Met poster saying we'd have 4, 20 game winners,but I do recall plenty of Yankee fans saying you'd have 3, 20 game winners, a Triple Crown winner, a second coming of Johnny Bench, and Miller Huggins working the bench,lol. You better hope you don't have the 2nd coming of Dave Kingman and at best Todd Hundley.

Bird,really? Your putting him in the same category as players that have established Major League careers?I don't recall one Met poster saying we'd have 4, 20 game winners,but I do recall plenty of Yankee fans saying you'd have 3, 20 game winners, a Triple Crown winner, a second coming of Johnny Bench, and Miller Huggins working the bench,lol. You better hope you don't have the 2nd coming of Dave Kingman and at best Todd Hundley.
Overly dramatic much???

This is a like a WS fir the little Yankees ......

LOL. The little Yankees. You are seriously a dumbass man. You realize you're continually embarrassing yourself by posting in this thread right? Get over it. The Mets suck and the Yankees are good. It's ok to just admit it and move on with your life.

Reactions: Kbee3
Im a Mets fan and dont know half the pitchers we put out there these days.

The Mets have many needs. Was that your catcher playing 3rd tonight ? Your ,230 hitting catcher ??
The Mets farm system is generally rated as below average for talent these days.
Looks like ownership is gonna have to spend some big bucks in the free agent market in the off-season.

Mets have tons on dl and just sold a few. Alot of money free, need catcher, 3rd, rf....... yanks need 3rd, new catcher or a 3 foot mitt for maas, 3 starters

Ummm. No. There are probably 28 teams including yours that would start Sanchez at Cather. He will improve defensively and continue to hit. We can use two starters. Gleybar will have the opportunity to play third base so we will see there. We will only continue to get better. Our farm system is still loaded even after the trades. Our future could not be brighter.

Ummm. No. There are probably 28 teams including yours that would start Sanchez at Cather. He will improve defensively and continue to hit. We can use two starters. Gleybar will have the opportunity to play third base so we will see there. We will only continue to get better. Our farm system is still loaded even after the trades. Our future could not be brighter.
I'm a Mets fan, and this is not a flame. Sanchez is a terrific hitter and a terrible defensive catcher. He is a liability behind the plate, and his defensive miscues could cost the Yankees down the stretch. If he does not improve, he should be moved to DH, and find a solid defensive catcher. As you noted, the Yankees other liability is starting pitching.

Congratulations to the Yanks for beating the walking wounded JV Mets team.
Mets starting lineup at beginning of season:
C- d'Arnaud- (Still playing, unfortunately)
1B- Duda (gone)
2B- Walker (gone)
SS- Cabrera (still here)
3B- David Wright (yeah, he was not going to start, but this is a huge void in the infield-need to add a power hitting 3B)
LF- Cespedes (he is sucking this year. Trade him to another team and he will have a career season)
CF- Conforto (solid)
RF- Bruce (gone)

So, 5 of 8 starters who could contribute at the plate are gone, not able to play or performing badly--Wahhhhh.

Let's look at pitching:
Syndergaard (DL)
Harvey (DL)
Wheeler (DL)
Matz (injured most of this season-huge question mark)
deGrom- (only solid performer of the starting 5).

Bullpen:
Familia (DL)
Reed (gone)
-----
There you have it. Yankees beat a Mets team with over 60% of its offense/fielders out and 80% of the starting rotation out, and the two leaders of the bullpen gone/out. Congratulations.

Good luck in the playoff run. Place a backstop behind Sanchez.

I'm a Mets fan, and this is not a flame. Sanchez is a terrific hitter and a terrible defensive catcher. He is a liability behind the plate, and his defensive miscues could cost the Yankees down the stretch. If he does not improve, he should be moved to DH, and find a solid defensive catcher. As you noted, the Yankees other liability is starting pitching.

1B- Duda (gone)
2B- Walker (gone)
SS- Cabrera (still here)
3B- David Wright (yeah, he was not going to start, but this is a huge void in the infield-need to add a power hitting 3B)
LF- Cespedes (he is sucking this year. Trade him to another team and he will have a career season)
CF- Conforto (solid)
RF- Bruce (gone)

So, 5 of 8 starters who could contribute at the plate are gone, not able to play or performing badly--Wahhhhh.

Let's look at pitching:
Syndergaard (DL)
Harvey (DL)
Wheeler (DL)

Bullpen:
Familia (DL)
Reed (gone)
-----
There you have it. Yankees beat a Mets team with over 60% of its offense/fielders out and 80% of the starting rotation out, and the two leaders of the bullpen gone/out. Congratulations.

Yup, not much of a flame there. Bottom line, like every year, your expectations were too high.

1B- Duda (gone)
2B- Walker (gone)
SS- Cabrera (still here)
CF- Conforto (solid)
RF- Bruce (gone)

Let's look at pitching:
Syndergaard (DL)
Harvey (DL)
Wheeler (DL)

Bullpen:
Familia (DL)
Reed (gone)
-----

Sorry I couldn't get past David Wright at 3rd base. Yanks pitchers would have salivated if he was in the lineup. And don't forget the players that are gone are gone because the team sucked. As far as pitchers go wouldn't one of those guys have to complete a full season without injury to be counted on. Other than DeGrom I don't think any of them have completed a season.

Sorry I couldn't get past David Wright at 3rd base. Yanks pitchers would have salivated if he was in the lineup. And don't forget the players that are gone are gone because the team sucked. As far as pitchers go wouldn't one of those guys have to complete a full season without injury to be counted on. Other than DeGrom I don't think any of them have completed a season.
Syndergaard completed 2 Seasons, 2015, 14-9 with a 2.60 ERA. The point about Wright is the current infield does not have a single power hitter. Rosario may add speed. We'll see with Dominic Smith. In his prime, Wright was good for 20-30 HRs and over 100 RBIs, and he is a career 296 hitter. But that makes a point about how awful Alderson has been about how he managed personnel for the Mets--and yes they sucked this year.

The last TERRIBLE defensive catcher in New York was, well, Mike Piazza; if I'm being totally honest.

Thousands of Yankee fans will bring brooms with them tonight to Chitty Field in Flushing.

I enjoyed seeing the Yankee fan behind home plate wearing the Mets Suck shirt.

Win 4 of 4 tonight, Bring out the Brooms.
Feel the pain Mets fans

Mets made world series and playoffs last 2 yrs because they have talent. Massive injuries did them in. They will be good next yr. yanks are not winning anyrhing this yr. you may make WC only cause AL WC records suck, in NL yanks would be non playoff team.

I'm checking stubhub to see if prices drop further, I may attend tonight, but the last time I was at Chitty field some idiot Mets fans who resembled John Franco hurled their beers on me and we all got tossed (in the 4th inning)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT