ADVERTISEMENT

OT- OFFICIAL 2017 YANKEES SEASON THREAD

I'm checking stubhub to see if prices drop further, I may attend tonight, but the last time I was at Chitty field some idiot Mets fans who resembled John Franco hurled their beers on me and we all got tossed (in the 4th inning)
Was it at least craft beer?

Mets made world series and playoffs last 2 yrs because they have talent. Massive injuries did them in. They will be good next yr. yanks are not winning anyrhing this yr. you may make WC only cause AL WC records suck, in NL yanks would be non playoff team.

Cripes, seriously, if you want to flame, all cool but please, can you actually find something to really flame on without making all Met fans look stupid...Met's made WS and playoffs last 2 years because they had pitching and could hit the long ball. I can't look at our everyday lineup over those two years and find a whole lot of talent to be bragging about. I wouldn't apologize for making the WS and can brag about that fact but to say the team made it on talent is not a strong statement tomake. I could easily look at this year's Yankee team and make a fairly easy case that they have more talent then the 2015 Met's team.The proper flame would be to point out all of their talent and how they seemed to be much more talented then what the Met's went to the WS so why are they struggling so much for even a playoff spot...

Thousands of Yankee fans will bring brooms with them tonight to Chitty Field in Flushing.

I enjoyed seeing the Yankee fan behind home plate wearing the Mets Suck shirt.

Win 4 of 4 tonight, Bring out the Brooms.
Feel the pain Mets fans

Yeah. I got a kick out of those two Yankees fans with the "Mets Suck" shirts.
As a couple of Mets fans I know put it.....no arguing with THAT.

Mets made world series and playoffs last 2 yrs because they have talent. Massive injuries did them in. They will be good next yr. yanks are not winning anyrhing this yr. you may make WC only cause AL WC records suck, in NL yanks would be non playoff team.
What do you expect from Cespedes next year? No injuries ? Methinks you better get used to 400 AB seasons from him. Will be 32 and already has bad legs.

Still 4.5 behind the Red Sox.

and? 4th best record in AL, 8th best in the bigs, most home games of any team "in contention" remaining (including 4 with the Sox (7 overall) and a "game in hand.") Not bad for a bunch of kids and a TON of injuries to key players/pitchers this season.

Reactions: Kbee3

* peanuts teacher yapping *

Reactions: RUDave_01
and? 4th best record in AL, 8th best in the bigs, most home games of any team "in contention" remaining (including 4 with the Sox (7 overall) and a "game in hand.") Not bad for a bunch of kids and a TON of injuries to key players/pitchers this season.
This was more my point, which I made a few posts later:
I don't get the Mets fans coming in here to taunt the Yankees fans when they lost the game. Or the Yankees fans being more concerned with the Mets than catching the Red Sox or holding off the Angels, Twins, Royals, Seahawks, Rays, Orioles and Rangers for the wild card spot.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Cripes, seriously, if you want to flame, all cool but please, can you actually find something to really flame on without making all Met fans look stupid...Met's made WS and playoffs last 2 years because they had pitching and could hit the long ball. I can't look at our everyday lineup over those two years and find a whole lot of talent to be bragging about. I wouldn't apologize for making the WS and can brag about that fact but to say the team made it on talent is not a strong statement tomake. I could easily look at this year's Yankee team and make a fairly easy case that they have more talent then the 2015 Met's team.The proper flame would be to point out all of their talent and how they seemed to be much more talented then what the Met's went to the WS so why are they struggling so much for even a playoff spot...
of course Pitching is the Mets strength, Cesp and Murph were better than any yankee. This Yank team is far from good, weak starting pitching, third? First? Lf? Cf? And a bunch of unproven prospects. Even Judge coming back to the pack, take conforto over him every day. Bottom line Mets made the playoffs those 2 yrs and we predicted to again this yr. not a talent issue, injuries. Now that we traded away some older players i expect good replacements signed. Mets will be in the hunt next yr.

of course Pitching is the Mets strength, Cesp and Murph were better than any yankee. This Yank team is far from good, weak starting pitching, third? First? Lf? Cf? And a bunch of unproven prospects. Even Judge coming back to the pack, take conforto over him every day. Bottom line Mets made the playoffs those 2 yrs and we predicted to again this yr. not a talent issue, injuries. Now that we traded away some older players i expect good replacements signed. Mets will be in the hunt next yr.

You expect good replacements signed??? LOL. Why would you expect that from the Mets? You are seriously delusional.

That's nice. I'm not. Great for DH. Huge defensive liability. Hope for the Yankees' sake, he improves on defense. We don't have to agree.

Huge is definitely an overstatement. He's had problems with passed balls but he's a good pitch framer and he has an elite arm. We don't have to agree but you're wrong when you say "huge" defensive liability.

Huge is definitely an overstatement. He's had problems with passed balls but he's a good pitch framer and he has an elite arm. We don't have to agree but you're wrong when you say "huge" defensive liability.
Maybe its a small sample size, but what I've seen the past few nights on defense has not been good.
Look, Girardi and the Daily News recognize this. I'm not just going off on a banana boat.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...e-girardi-catching-troubles-article-1.3385630
"Gary Sanchez has been a disaster defensively this season — and the Yankees need to consider letting Austin Romine catch more and moving Sanchez to DH "

Maybe its a small sample size, but what I've seen the past few nights on defense has not been good.
Look, Girardi and the Daily News recognize this. I'm not just going off on a banana boat.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...e-girardi-catching-troubles-article-1.3385630
"Gary Sanchez has been a disaster defensively this season — and the Yankees need to consider letting Austin Romine catch more and moving Sanchez to DH "

You know the New York papers love their hyperbole. He hasn't been nearly as bad as they're trying to make it seem.

Reactions: Kbee3
Sweet Jesus the Mets are awful.

They're so bad that sweeping four straight from them is no big deal.
Still a lot of fun....but no big deal.
BTW, where were the guys with the "Mets Suck" shirts behind home plate tonight ?
I almost feel sorry for mets fans.....almost.

Swept the Flushings and embarrassed the entire Mets organization and fanbase doing so

Two memorable moments for me:
1. Aaron Judge's massive home run into the upper deck at the Mets' park.
2. The two guys sitting right behind home plate at the end of game one at the Mets' Park with the Tee shirts on that said it all....."Mets Suck".

Swept the Flushings and embarrassed the entire Mets organization and fanbase doing so
Beat the JV team of walking wounded, but will never surpass Boston. Judge struck out again. Wonder why KbeeInFlorida bumped the Marlins thread but not this one? There are a lot of fine Yankees fans, but there are more with small man's complex. Good luck with the rest of the season.

Beat the JV team of walking wounded, but will never surpass Boston. Judge struck out again. Wonder why KbeeInFlorida bumped the Marlins thread but not this one? There are a lot of fine Yankees fans, but there are more with small man's complex. Good luck with the rest of the season.
Like I said in another thread,Bosox,= Yankee Daddy, as the infamous Pedro Martinez once said about himself.Yup, Mets are in the toilet unexpected this season, but it sure would be nice to see the Varsity not make the post season again!

Reactions: Knight Shift
Boston is a better team than us this season. That's ok. We are building towards 2019 and beyond. If we make the playoffs this season that is just icing on the cake.

I think we will beat Boston in the playoffs though.

We are miles better than the Mutts too and own the NY Metro area including NJ, Southern CT and NEPA.

Now this is funny: we've got Mets fans in here chirping at the Yankees, who are in a playoff race with the team they're facing. Meanwhile the Mets are in a race with the Phillies for the worst record in the division.

Just like always, Mets fans would rather see the Yankees lose than the Mets win. Must really suck to be a Mets fan.

I wonder how small one has to be as a Mets fan to come on a Yankees thread to tout the Red Sox.

I wonder how small one has to be as a Mets fan to come on a Yankees thread to tout the Red Sox.
I guess the same as Yankee fans going to the Mets board last season and touting the SF Giants,ya think? Should I name a list who did? nah, we all know who you are.Wait, maybe that was "fake" news, and never happened.

Boston is a better team than us this season. That's ok. We are building towards 2019 and beyond. If we make the playoffs this season that is just icing on the cake.
That is such bullspit.Expectations change during seasons. For the Mets, they became sellers because everything went wrong, and decisions were made during the off season to stand pat.Whether by Sandy or the Coupons it was wrong.As the Yankees season progressed, it became evident this team wasn't about 2018 or 2019, it was about this season. They became buyers for that reason. Don't try and sell it as anything but a major disappointment if they don't make the postseason, hardly an icing on the cake issue. Talk about hedging your bet.

That is such bullspit.Expectations change during seasons. For the Mets, they became sellers because everything went wrong, and decisions were made during the off season to stand pat.Whether by Sandy or the Coupons it was wrong.As the Yankees season progressed, it became evident this team wasn't about 2018 or 2019, it was about this season. They became buyers for that reason. Don't try and sell it as anything but a major disappointment if they don't make the postseason, hardly an icing on the cake issue. Talk about hedging your bet.
Why do you always type in bold? Very weird

Just like always, Mets fans would rather see the Yankees lose than the Mets win. Must really suck to be a Mets fan.

I can't understand why both group of fans wouldn't want both to be doing well...makes for a great freaking summer and fall when they are.

I can't understand why both group of fans wouldn't want both to be doing well...makes for a great freaking summer and fall when they are.
Agreed. I rooted for the Mets to win the World Series a few years ago. The Yankees being contenders this year was a surprise. I was just looking to have fun watching the kids this year. Not sure why certain posters think tolling is fun. Must be a miserable life for them. That goes for both sides.

Agreed. I rooted for the Mets to win the World Series a few years ago. The Yankees being contenders this year was a surprise. I was just looking to have fun watching the kids this year. Not sure why certain posters think tolling is fun. Must be a miserable life for them. That goes for both sides.
I root for the Yankees but against certain miserable Yankee fans.
Would like to see a local team in the post season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT