ADVERTISEMENT

OT- OFFICIAL 2017 YANKEES SEASON THREAD

Congrats to the team on 91 wins. That's something nobody in the world
saw coming regardless of what happens in the wild card game.

Looking forward to tonight's game. Anxious and Excited!!
Going into the season would have never expected 91 wins. Back than would have signed up for that in a second even with no guarantee of playoff success.
However, after watching them for the last 6 months, 182 games it would be a big disappointment not to advance tonight. In a longer series I firmly believe this team can do some damage.

Win or lose I am not one of those that wants to expand the wildcard round. Keep it as one and done. The month of September was great because the Yankees and Red Sox were playing hard up until the last game.

Go
Les_Twins_profile.jpg

Bumping this thread up because I'm an original thread-tard.
Ha. Superstisous?? Me too. Only for baseball. Yankee fan so I have done ok [cheers]
Besides a Met fan started this thread thinking we would suck. Ha!

Reactions: Rhuarc
:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
:cool2:[banana]:cool2:[banana]:cool2:[banana]:cool2:[banana]:cool2:[banana]
Hey, it looked good for about 5 minutes,lol. Tell me you didn't wet the bed after Joe pulled the starter with 26 more outs needed from the bullpen. I give up,since nothing I say and nothing I sacrifice to the Baseball Gods seems to work!!!! Wait, I'll try this,"Go Yankees,Go Yankees,Go Yankees"!!!!!
images

Feel bad for Severino. After the incredible season he had, this was a nightmare scenario for him. But it was clear that he was looking anxious and seemed overwhelmed in this type of a game.

The entire bullpen did an incredible job, but enough can't be said of Chad Green, who came in right at a moment that minnesota could have blown the game open and he mowed down practically every batter he saw.

Feel bad for Severino. After the incredible season he had, this was a nightmare scenario for him. But it was clear that he was looking anxious and seemed overwhelmed in this type of a game.

The entire bullpen did an incredible job, but enough can't be said of Chad Green, who came in right at a moment that minnesota could have blown the game open and he mowed down practically every batter he saw.

Now Severino gets a chance to redeem himself.

Hey, it looked good for about 5 minutes,lol. Tell me you didn't wet the bed after Joe pulled the starter with 26 more outs needed from the bullpen. I give up,since nothing I say and nothing I sacrifice to the Baseball Gods seems to work!!!! Wait, I'll try this,"Go Yankees,Go Yankees,Go Yankees"!!!!!

I wasn't that worried. This team has done this before. If it was Kluber or Keuchel I would have been worried.
The Yankees can score.

Just for reference, here's an example of an Epic fail from the mouth of a Muts fan.

of course Pitching is the Mets strength, Cesp and Murph were better than any yankee. This Yank team is far from good, weak starting pitching, third? First? Lf? Cf? And a bunch of unproven prospects. Even Judge coming back to the pack, take conforto over him every day. Bottom line Mets made the playoffs those 2 yrs and we predicted to again this yr. not a talent issue, injuries. Now that we traded away some older players i expect good replacements signed. Mets will be in the hunt next yr.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Matts pitching better. Wheeler hit 99 today. Degrom is as good as it gets. Thor looked good the other night. Maybe they just sit tight and buy a bullpen and a few infielders. Smith has to go. Reyes? Adios.Maybe Cabrera brings a minor prize in return.?The fan base is expecting nothing anyway so any progress is a victory.PeterAlonzo abd a few others are on the horizon ..I would hold em.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT