ADVERTISEMENT

OT- OFFICIAL 2017 YANKEES SEASON THREAD

Look at the run differentials. Also....you're still a Met fan right? :joy:
Oh yes he Is!
"Getting ready for the excuse when the Mets are up 4 games over the Yankees, 16 games into the season,lol. Of course, this will be highlighted,and thrown in my face if in fact this isn't the case, but either way, the Mets will own the media, and city once again. Irregardless, of turnstile counts, of course the Yankees are a corporate draw, greater than the Mets will ever be, never the less, the Mets WILL own the back sports page, all summer long,and the Yankees story will be about the "kids" being a year away. LGM"

You have to give him credit though. He was right about one thing before the season started. This rant did come back to haunt him!,

Check out the Bosux record in extra inning games and compare that to the Yankees record this season in extra inning games.
If either one was more like the norm the Bosux would be in 2nd place.
Like wow man, that was deep.

Oh yes he Is!
"Getting ready for the excuse when the Mets are up 4 games over the Yankees, 16 games into the season,lol. Of course, this will be highlighted,and thrown in my face if in fact this isn't the case, but either way, the Mets will own the media, and city once again. Irregardless, of turnstile counts, of course the Yankees are a corporate draw, greater than the Mets will ever be, never the less, the Mets WILL own the back sports page, all summer long,and the Yankees story will be about the "kids" being a year away. LGM"

You have to give him credit though. He was right about one thing before the season started. This rant did come back to haunt him!,

Ruready4 is not the most ridiculous Yankee-hating Mets fan....but he's one of them.
Reading that post of his makes this season just a little bit more awesome than it's already been.
I just wish the Phillies would kick it into high gear and put the Mets in the basement where they belong.

Ruready4 is not the most ridiculous Yankee-hating Mets fan....but he's one of them.
Reading that post of his makes this season just a little bit more awesome than it's already been.
I just wish the Phillies would kick it into high gear and put the Mets in the basement where they belong.
NO DOUBT, it's been a pretty unexpected season for us Mets fans, didn't see it coming, but there's still time to get a little joy out of it:sunglasses:Sort of like when Yankee fans said they scored as many post season runs as the Mets last year,lol.

Oh yes he Is!

You get an "A" for the time you spent digging that up. Well done sir.

"And The Yanks are gonna play, play play play, While The Mets are gonna hate, hate hate hate hate"

....dear Lord I just quoted Taylor Swift hahahaha!
oofah.
Don't think the Mets are hating. They let the Yanks use their fine stadium. It's a few errant/jealous Mets fans. Good luck to the Yanks in the post season. Seems Judge worked his way out of the slump. CC has been solid. Don't follow close enough to say anything else, but good luck.

oofah.
Don't think the Mets are hating. They let the Yanks use their fine stadium. It's a few errant/jealous Mets fans. Good luck to the Yanks in the post season. Seems Judge worked his way out of the slump. CC has been solid. Don't follow close enough to say anything else, but good luck.

I'm just having some fun with Met fans, that's it, all good!

The Yankees secure home field for the Wild Card. And now just 3 games back of Boston. Stranger things have happened!

The Yankees secure home field for the Wild Card. And now just 3 games back of Boston. Stranger things have happened!

Well Yanks trail Red Sox by 3. Astros trail Indians for best record by 1. Astro starters don't start the post season until Thursday of next week.

The current assignment for Yankees and Red Sox starters for the next 5 days:

NYY/TB: Luis Severino 13-6, 3.03 ERA vs. Matt Andriese 5-4, 4.44 ERA

NYY/TB: Sonny Gray 10-11, 3.31 ERA vs. Alex Cobb 12-10, 3.66 ERA

NYY/TOR: Masahiro Tanaka 12-12, 4.94 ERA vs. Joe Biagini 3-12, 5.34 ERA

NYY/TOR: CC Sabathia 13-5, 3.84 ERA vs. Marcus Stroman 13-8, 3.06 ERA

NYY/TOR: Jordan Montgomery 9-7, 3.96 ERA vs. Brett Anderson 2-2, 6.04 ERA

TOR/BOS: Marco Estrada 10-8, 4.70 ERA vs. Rick Porcello 10-17, 4.55 ERA

HOU/BOS: Brad Peacock 12-2, 2.98 ERA vs. Eduardo Rodriguez 6-6, 3.91 ERA

HOU/BOS: Charlie Morton 13-7, 3.63 ERA vs. Doug Fister 5-8, 4.87 ERA

HOU/BOS: Lance McCullers Jr. 7-3, 4.01 ERA vs. Drew Pomeranz 16-6, 3.38 ERA

HOU/BOS: Collin McHugh 4-2, 3.45 ERA vs. Chris Sale 17-8, 2.90

IF the Yanks and Red Sox tie, they will have a one game playoff for the division title. Loser then moves onto the wild card game. It's a rule they put in place when the second wild card team was created. And it's a stupid rule that actually hurts both teams. Just have the season series break the tie (unless one team wouldn't qualify for post season).

If the Yankees can get it to 2 games today then I'll be getting really excited. I already have tickets to the Wildcard game. Hopefully I don't have to use them.

If the Yankees can get it to 2 games today then I'll be getting really excited. I already have tickets to the Wildcard game. Hopefully I don't have to use them.
That was my thought exactly when they recorded the last out yesterday. Must see TV tonight. And Ill put the Jays/Red Sox on my tablet.

Reactions: c10j10s
It's as much against the rules as it is to reflect the sun into player's eyes or use laser pointers from the stands. Umpires are given discretion in this area.

Aaron Judge hitting over .300 with 13 hrs in the month of september and the yankees are 18-7 for the month. When this guy is hitting, the yankee lineup is VERY different and that much better. Hopefully this carries into October.

With that said, Luis Severino, in my opinion, has been the yankee MVP. Rotation was supposed to be a weakness this season, but he has been by far the most consistent player on the entire roster for the entire season. I can't recall a yankee pitcher having as dominant of a season as he has had since Cone in 1997. A huge weapon to have for playoff baseball.

Aaron Judge hitting over .300 with 13 hrs in the month of september and the yankees are 18-7 for the month. When this guy is hitting, the yankee lineup is VERY different and that much better. Hopefully this carries into October.

With that said, Luis Severino, in my opinion, has been the yankee MVP. Rotation was supposed to be a weakness this season, but he has been by far the most consistent player on the entire roster for the entire season. I can't recall a yankee pitcher having as dominant of a season as he has had since Cone in 1997. A huge weapon to have for playoff baseball.

Judge, Sanchez, and Severino have never played in a game of this significance.
Hopefully they can overcome the Twins and get some real playoff experience.

Judge, Sanchez, and Severino have never played in a game of this significance.
Hopefully they can overcome the Twins and get some real playoff experience.
What game have the current Twins played in off this significance??

Anyway, even the biggest Yankee fan (hater) could not have dreamed that this team would win 90 games!!

Reactions: MYHATINTHERING
What game have the current Twins played in off this significance??

Anyway, even the biggest Yankee fan (hater) could not have dreamed that this team would win 90 games!!

Yep. And when you look at the age of most of our key players this season has been a great success.
Now let's see how far this team can go in the playoffs.
BTW, Tanaka was as good as I've ever seen him today.

To think that, on the penultimate day of the season, the Yankees could still be mathematically alive for the division crown is nothing short of incredible. Think about where this franchise was a few years ago and where it is now. Cashman has done an amazing job of bringing talent into this organization the last few years.

To think that, on the penultimate day of the season, the Yankees could still be mathematically alive for the division crown is nothing short of incredible. Think about where this franchise was a few years ago and where it is now. Cashman has done an amazing job of bringing talent into this organization the last few years.

Actually, since the beginning of last season.
Not comfortable with Jamie going Saturday.
It all rests with Severino on Tuesday.

Back in the 90's, I remember dragging my ass to work after watching those late night Yankees playoff games. It was brutal. Hopefully, I get the same opportunity to do it 20 years later, even if it sucks worse!

Reactions: Section124
Yanks own the Twinkies
A little history lesson for you,buddy.In sports nothing is a lock.In 1988, the Mets won 100 games, and went 10-1 against the Dodgers during the regular season, and lost in 7 games to them, and they went on to win the WS.Throw the regular season results out the window,but hey, your a Yankee fan, so you know better. Bet the house on the Yankees over the Twins, you got it in the bag!!!https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_New_York_Mets_season

A little history lesson for you,buddy.In sports nothing is a lock.In 1988, the Mets won 100 games, and went 10-1 against the Dodgers during the regular season, and lost in 7 games to them, and they went on to win the WS.Throw the regular season results out the window,but hey, your a Yankee fan, so you know better. Bet the house on the Yankees over the Twins, you got it in the bag!!!https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_New_York_Mets_season
Not even a fair comparison. Mets had 7 games to beat the Dodgers. Yanks would be a one game/anything can happen scenario. That '88 Mets team choked. How they lost to the Dodgers to this day is embarrassing with the talent they had.

I think his point was he would rather be facing a team the Yanks have handled well during the season rather than the reverse. Not that it was a guaranteed win.

Not even a fair comparison. Mets had 7 games to beat the Dodgers. Yanks would be a one game/anything can happen scenario. That '88 Mets team choked. How they lost to the Dodgers to this day is embarrassing with the talent they had.
I agree, but it happened. One and done, all the more reason not to think beating the Twins is a done deal. It's just foolish talk. NOTHING is a lock.

I think his point was he would rather be facing a team the Yanks have handled well during the season rather than the reverse. Not that it was a guaranteed win.
No, I think when you say you own a team, your thinking it's a guarantee, but hey,what do I know.

How important is today's game? Well Joe Giradi thinks it important enough to pitch C.C. instead of scheduled starter Jaime Garcia.

Astros had bases loaded with 2 outs in the 7th down 3 runs. Brought in Price to get out of trouble. Looks like it's about over.

Robertson was lucky the wind was blowing on the ball hit by Josh Donaldson.

Here we go. I'll be at the Stadium Tuesday night cheering on our boys. Stadium is gunna be rocking. I'm already nervous haha.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT