ADVERTISEMENT

OT- OFFICIAL 2017 YANKEES SEASON THREAD

Cabrera is a punk. Lost all respect for him. This was over. They threw at our best guy, we threw at theirs. And it didn't even hit him. Our guy got ejected and that was it. It should've ended there but Cabrera had to be a tough guy and get in our catchers face.
Cabrera is no doubt a punk,but how would you label Sanchez? He sucker punched a player being held down on the ground for Christ sake! If he did that in public he would have been arrested right? Next move would have been to drop kick the player in the head like one of our QB transfers did a couple of years back. Love to hear your excuse for that action, justify that please.This clip[ from ESPN even goes so far as to compare what Sanchez did to Ray Rice based on the fact there is video of it. Saying he will NEVER live this punk move down, and expect to be thrown at in the future.stay classy Sanchez.http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...cher-gary-sanchez-gets-four-games-roles-brawl

Last edited:
Huge week of Yankee baseball coming up. The Sox are slumping and the division is there for the taking with our health on the upswing. But, have to take care of the Indians first!

Baseball is an unpredictable game. Nobody stays hot or cold for long times. Boston is back to their early season form. Yanks just 2.5 out. Some (mostly Mets fans) declared it over for the Yankees.

Cabrera is no doubt a punk,but how would you label Sanchez? He sucker punched a player being held down on the ground for Christ sake! If he did that in public he would have been arrested right? Next move would have been to drop kick the player in the head like one of our QB transfers did a couple of years back. Love to hear your excuse for that action, justify that please.This clip[ from ESPN even goes so far as to compare what Sanchez did to Ray Rice based on the fact there is video of it. Saying he will NEVER live this punk move down, and expect to be thrown at in the future.stay classy Sanchez.http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...cher-gary-sanchez-gets-four-games-roles-brawl
Please go back to your Mets thread. The fact that you quote ESPN is proof enough that you know nothing!

Great to get Bird and Castro back.
Not sold on the Rutgers guy at 3rd base.
Cleveland is gonna be tough.

Last edited:
So are you saying Sanchez didn't sucker punch a player being held down by another,really? Talk about know nothings ShortBus.
Sanchez sucker punching anyone is nothing more than a stupid decision by a young, pissed off kid. If it's a continuous problem, then I would say it's ok to make a big deal but there's no pattern for stupid behavior yet. He'll serve his suspension and hopefully he learns from it.

Were you this up in arms over Harvey's off field behavior and issues since his debut? Now there's a hot mess of a player....

Sanchez sucker punching anyone is nothing more than a stupid decision by a young, pissed off kid. If it's a continuous problem, then I would say it's ok to make a big deal but there's no pattern for stupid behavior yet. He'll serve his suspension and hopefully he learns from it.

Were you this up in arms over Harvey's off field behavior and issues since his debut? Now there's a hot mess of a player....
I think your right,but it remains to be seen if in fact this is just a brain fart on his part, or a future pattern. Yes,I was very down on Harvey's late night partying and off field bullshit. Remember, I watched both Straw and Doc throw away HOF careers, as well as derail what should have been a great run for the Mets in the late 80's early 90's. I have no tolerance for gifted players in any sport throwing away their talent, and what I consider cheating their fans out of the enjoyment of a winning franchise.

Reactions: Rhuarc
I think your right,but it remains to be seen if in fact this is just a brain fart on his part, or a future pattern. Yes,I was very down on Harvey's late night partying and off field bullshit. Remember, I watched both Straw and Doc throw away HOF careers, as well as derail what should have been a great run for the Mets in the late 80's early 90's. I have no tolerance for gifted players in any sport throwing away their talent, and what I consider cheating their fans out of the enjoyment of a winning franchise.
I agree 100% with your post. See, Mets and Yankees fans CAN come together every once in awhile!

Here come da Orioles!
Time is running out.
mlb-spirit-rubber-strap-sports-watchnew-york-yankees-d-20150109100007~7597307w.jpg

Well that series didn't go well.
Yankees have a path.
They have done well against the Red Sox- 3 games
They have done well against the Orioles-7 games
Same with Tampa Bay- 6 games
Blue Jays- not so much - 6 games
And they have to knock off the Twins- 3 games

Take care of business against the Orioles and Twins, and they are in. Duh.

Yankees have a path.

Just try to stay ahead of the Phillies.

Yankees have a path.

Red Sox and Orioles are playing damn well right now.

Brutal.
Now I'm wondering about the wild-card spots.
I think we really have to be concerned about an end of the year crash from all the young kids playing. it would really suck to clinch the home wild card game and see us tank it like before.

Looks like his needle is stuck again. Last year it was stuck on the schedule,now it's stuck on the Phillies,lmao,unreal. My God man, bring something different to the discussion.

Down to 8 games now. Go Phillies.
CC did it again. You're up, Sonny.

Looks like his needle is stuck again. Last year it was stuck on the schedule,now it's stuck on the Phillies,lmao,unreal. My God man, bring something different to the discussion.
Pot calling kettle black. If you want to discuss baseball with KB, why don't you ask the mods to let him back into the Mets thread. Then this thread can discuss the Yankees.

Pot calling kettle black. If you want to discuss baseball with KB, why don't you ask the mods to let him back into the Mets thread. Then this thread can discuss the Yankees.
Fair enough, I'll get right on that if he wants to talk about wide ranging topics, not just one or two tired lines, over and over,lol.

Mets fans don't really wanna discuss baseball these days.....certainly not their team.
Come on, Phillies. You can do it.
BTW, anybody know how many years are left on Harvey's contract ?

Mets fans don't really wanna discuss baseball these days.....certainly not their team.
Come on, Phillies. You can do it.
BTW, anybody know how many years are left on Harvey's contract ?

I believe Harvey is signed throiugh next season, after which he will sign with the Yankees and return to form.

In the meantime, the Mets primadonna LF pulled his hammy while moving under the weight of his gold chains, their best hitter's arm fell off swinging at a missed pitch and Flores broke his own nose hitting a ball. Waiting for DeGrom's season ending beck strain after his hair gets caught in a blender.

I believe Harvey is signed throiugh next season, after which he will sign with the Yankees and return to form.

In the meantime, the Mets primadonna LF pulled his hammy while moving under the weight of his gold chains, their best hitter's arm fell off swinging at a missed pitch and Flores broke his own nose hitting a ball. Waiting for DeGrom's season ending beck strain after his hair gets caught in a blender.
Spell checker-spell checker-spell checker,lol.

11-8 against Boston this season. Hoping to face them in the playoffs, easy win!

How big was that Sanchez call at first? How horrible was the ump for squeezing the Sox pitcher on those calls? Great inning!

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Stupid. Juan Marichal hit John Roseboro over the head with a bat. That's not in any way comparable to throwing a punch.
BTW, don't look back....the Phillies are gaining.
You don't have to give me a history lesson, I'm well aware of what transpired,just taking some poetic license,lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT