ADVERTISEMENT

OT- OFFICIAL 2017 YANKEES SEASON THREAD

Looking at the standings, this might be the most competitive division in MLB history. It's gonna be a battle all year.
On the other hand, there's the Washington Nationals. No chance their guys get overworked down the stretch.
Has to be the dumbest statement I've read on here all year.Really?In MLB history? Guess you've only watched baseball for a few years,that would explain a lot,lol.

Hopefully this is the beginning of a turnaround and the bad streak is over.
Montgomery came through big time.
Severino up next.

9 of 11, God this is fun

It really is fun. Losing 9 of 11 and still being a first place team. Not only are you a moronic poster but you're also a pathetic person. This would be like a Rutgers fan going onto the PSU football board last season and chiding them about losing a game even though we sucked.

Reactions: Kbee3
9 of 11, God this is fun
Yes it does feel nice being in first place the year when we are supposed to still be rebuilding because it's the last year we have a fortune tied up with cc and arod. Knowing we will sign either Machado or Harper next year to add to judge Sanchez and the rest and still have money to add a quality pitcher makes me laugh at people like you.

Good luck with your futureless team whoever they may be. If it's the Mets then quit baseball fandom for your own health and sanity.

Btw first place wont last either, yanks barely 500 last 40 games, party is over, maas has gone home

You are certainly not a man of your word. Mets have some work to do before they get to .500.

I make it a rule to not argue with morons, from a distance no one knows which is which. LOL. Lots of friends that are Mets fans, don't wish for their season to tank just so I somehow feel better. UNLESS, they start talking scrap, you would be the latter.

Reactions: c10j10s
Btw first place wont last either, yanks barely 500 last 40 games, party is over, maas has gone home

Hey loser boy....how's your pathetic team doing? 7 games under .500 right? It's really odd that you keep talking about the Yankees, but I guess it makes sense. Your own baseball team makes you miserable so you have to try and bring down a more successful team. God I'd hate to be you. Yuck.

Yeah, whenever I wanna get an idea of what the future holds for the 27-times World Champion Yankees, I ask a loser mets fan.
Your envy is so obvious
And 1986 was soooooo long ago.

Yeah, whenever I wanna get an idea of what the future holds for the 27-times World Champion Yankees, I ask a loser mets fan.
Your envy is so obvious
And 1986 was soooooo long ago.
Best division,top to bottom in baseball History,ROLF,lmao How many of the 27 have you seen? It would be like me talking about YA Tittle and Frank Gifford, when I wasn't even born yet,please!!!!!!

Best division,top to bottom in baseball History,ROLF,lmao How many of the 27 have you seen? It would be like me talking about YA Tittle and Frank Gifford, when I wasn't even born yet,please!!!!!!

I'll jump in here. Ok so I've personally witnessed 96, 98, 99, 00, and 09. That's 5 championships in my lifetime. The last time the Mets won a World Series was 4 years before I was born. What you're doing is the equivalent of an Ole Miss fan smack talking an Alabama fan. You both look stupid. Win more and then talk.

Funny. I DID see Frank Gifford and YA Tittle play.
I've been around for FIFTEEN of the Yankees glorious championships. And I gotta tell you my favorite will always be 2000. Most mets fans I knew back then were despondent. I can't imagine what it would have been like to lose the World Series to that raggedy bunch from Queens. Not to worry. The better team steamrolled the losers. Good times.
BTW, how many mets fans here have even seen their team win it all ? 1986 was soooo long ago.

Holliday to DL. Friggin injuries keep adding up.
Castro, Byrd, Sabathia, Warren. Hicks
Ellsbury just got back from the DL, Chapman too.
Started the season without Didi and Sanchez.
Plus our top pitching and hitting prospects at AAA gone for the season.
Too many injuries.

So Wade on Tuesday, Andujar yesterday, and it looks like Fowler might be up today. Even though it's because of injuries it's still pretty exciting. All of them just 22 years old. Baby Bombers are taking over.

So Wade on Tuesday, Andujar yesterday, and it looks like Fowler might be up today. Even though it's because of injuries it's still pretty exciting. All of them just 22 years old. Baby Bombers are taking over.

Friggin Betances.

Funny. I DID see Frank Gifford and YA Tittle play.
I've been around for FIFTEEN of the Yankees glorious championships. And I gotta tell you my favorite will always be 2000. Most mets fans I knew back then were despondent. I can't imagine what it would have been like to lose the World Series to that raggedy bunch from Queens. Not to worry. The better team steamrolled the losers. Good times.
BTW, how many mets fans here have even seen their team win it all ? 1986 was soooo long ago.
Don't feel just a little dumb about that "greatest division in baseball history"?

Machado? Like the kid but is hitting a solid .220 this year. What happened to him?

The bullpen continues to derail the Yankees season. There's been a handful of gut wrenching losses over the past 3 weeks.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Mets are rising as expected, the 2015 World Series team is making its run

As a Mets fan, the only reaction I have to Mets fans jumping on this thread now is:
anigif_enhanced-buzz-2942-1366673535-7.gif

Yankees have hit a rough patch, but they have over performed this year and would switch places with them in a heartbeat.

Mets are rising as expected, the 2015 World Series team is making its run

Sorry, but you can only play so many games vs. the two worst teams in MLB.....San Fran and Philadelphia.
The mets would be in the basement if they played in the AL East.

Sorry, but you can only play so many games vs. the two worst teams in MLB.....San Fran and Philadelphia.
The mets would be in the basement if they played in the AL East.
No they would have a better record in AL which has no pitching. Wash would be in first. Final record all that counts. Mets last 2 yrs a playoff team so we expect it to continue, injuries aside. Btw SF postseasons last 10 yrs far exceeds yanks.

As a Mets fan, the only reaction I have to Mets fans jumping on this thread now is:
anigif_enhanced-buzz-2942-1366673535-7.gif

Yankees have hit a rough patch, but they have over performed this year and would switch places with them in a heartbeat.
All in good fun..... yanks mets bashing has gone on for decades

No they would have a better record in AL which has no pitching. Wash would be in first. Final record all that counts. Mets last 2 yrs a playoff team so we expect it to continue, injuries aside. Btw SF postseasons last 10 yrs far exceeds yanks.

Mets team is not exactly the same as 2016 team or 2015 team. Perhaps they should re-sign Bartolo.
And the Giants aren't the same team either this season....especially at the top of the rotation.
Everybody knows the Yankees are better than the mets this year. Deal with it.

Mets team is not exactly the same as 2016 team or 2015 team. Perhaps they should re-sign Bartolo.
And the Giants aren't the same team either this season....especially at the top of the rotation.
Everybody knows the Yankees are better than the mets this year. Deal with it.

And the mets would be in last place if they were in the AL East.

Mets are 108-102 against AL East since interleague play started. Not bad against the best division in baseball.

Actually, I was talking in regards to THIS season. Nowhere did I opine that the AL East was always the toughest division in MLB. Teams change.....players change.
IMO, if you look at the AL East THIS SEASON you will see that Toronto is the weakest team in the divison. And they're pretty good for a last place team. It's the strongest I've seen the division top-to-bottom in recent memory.

Actually, I was talking in regards to THIS season. Nowhere did I opine that the AL East was always the toughest division in MLB. Teams change.....players change.
IMO, if you look at the AL East THIS SEASON you will see that Toronto is the weakest team in the divison. And they're pretty good for a last place team. It's the strongest I've seen the division top-to-bottom in recent memory.
Just making the case they most likely wouldnt be in last place in AL East. Turn off your hatred of the Mets for one second and be more objective.

Yanks are 6 games above 500 - Tampa Bay is closing fast!

Revised, it was in history,clearly you said that, not recent memory,just the cold hard facts, as you like to state.A pretty dumb statement then, for sure.Truth, as you like to say,cuts both ways.

Looking at the standings, this might be the most competitive division in MLB history. It's gonna be a battle all year.
On the other hand, there's the Washington Nationals. No chance their guys get overworked down the stretch.
I might have reading comprehension problems,but I'm pretty sure you don't mean THIS SEASON, but in fact, baseball HISTORY.

I might have reading comprehension problems,but I'm pretty sure you don't mean THIS SEASON, but in fact, baseball HISTORY.

I thought it was very clear that I meant that this year's AL East was the most competitive division there has ever been.
That is because I looked at the standings and thought that I'd never seen a division where the worst teams were as good as this year's AL East cellar dwellers are.

Oh man, as a Mets fan, I'm embarrassed by a couple of our fans on this thread. There is another thread somewhere that is for bashing both teams, move the silliness there.
On the other hand, I find it so hard to comprehend that kbee is somewhere between 60-70 y/o

Oh man, as a Mets fan, I'm embarrassed by a couple of our fans on this thread. There is another thread somewhere that is for bashing both teams, move the silliness there.
On the other hand, I find it so hard to comprehend that kbee is somewhere between 60-70 y/o

Most people do....especially the ladies.

Yeah, they think you're 90.

You are remarkably...consistently wrong. It's amazing.
You're like the guy in the bar that everybody listens to talk about sports.....so they know who NOT to bet on.
It's a gift I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT