ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Mets Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the top payroll in baseball history gets you a wildcard weekend. Mets tried to buy a title with their crooked owner and are back to be the laughingstock of the league
In the last 12 years, how many times have the Yankees had the highest payroll in baseball and crapped the bed? Could you give me advice, or any Yankees fan for that matter on how to handle looking so poor in the postseason? After all, your fanbase should be experts at it.

Same old excuses from the Mets fans. This is embarassing. Record payroll. They blew the division. Now can't get out of the wildcard. There fanbase heads are exploding. It's pathethic
Sort of like your Houston Astros complex, lmfao. Have a clue, buy a vowel, something. Will Yankees fans throw all kinds of $hit on the field when things go south? Talk about an embarrassment. How quickly we forget Ace. Yup, Yankees fans wanted to see the Mets advance Shortbus. There was that direct enough?

Sweet.
Reminds me of that Roy Orbison tune...It's Over.
But, wait, I thought Shortbus said Yankees fans wanted a Subway Series? I know you've always said you know, before you went missing for 2 months while the Yankees were horrible that each day is a little better when the Mets lose. That can't be right, also see superdouche, Proudofnothing and the usual Amigos are very happy. So to say I'm a little confused by Shortbus would be an understatement. Have your 7 days of fun, you'll be looking at year 13 over for the quest for 28.

I do think Jake is gone. I get the sense he and or his wife want to move to Florida and he ll probably be with Braves next year for another kick in
Good series guys, as I said the other day it’s truly a shame we had to meet in the wildcard.

Baseball deserved 5 games of this at minimum.
I don’t think I could have watched another game or two of this…lifeless bats, bad starting pitching, strange roster moves/lineups. Some teams get hot when it matters most, this team did the opposite.

The Phils swept the Cards both games on the road in St L and they would surely have lost to the Padres? Spilled milk. Mets suck and they lost. **** them.
Lol we would straight pump the Phillies.

The Mets are a good team that ran into a team built to win a WS. Java Joe was never losing that game last night.

Wait until Tatis joins this team next season LOL.

First of all I have at least a 15 + year stating the desire of another Subway Series on this board. You just have hatred of anything Yankees. Too stupid to enjoy it.
Yankees fans don't hate the Mets but hate Mets a-holes like you. You also have serious reading comprehension issues as I've said all year the Yankees under analytical Cashman that they wouldn't win another WS under him
And yes you are always talking to me and other Yankees fans but are such a pussy to quote who you are talking to. You Shift, Yes are cowards. Quote the people that you have an issue with or don't post at all.
I think we are clear who we are talking about and who we knew would climb out from under his rock.

I can speak for myself though- I don't troll the Yanks like you do the Met's. I have the same exact conversations over on the Phillies thread and they are all good with it and it is good baseball conversation. What usually drops a baseball convo into the gutter on the Yankee thread is when your panties get bunched up.
And even then, I know I don't get into the name calling as you do.
And I don't think I ever saw KS on "your" thread talking anything but baseball if he is ever over there at all. 008- another story lol he does go overboard at times but you need to be the one to look in a mirror. He is no more than you are.

I can tell you this: a lot of Phillies fans thought that the Phils would be better off with the 6th seed, facing the Cardinals, then the 5th seat, facing the Mets. The Mets have owned the Phillies this year. But who knows what a short series would bring? I thought the Mets were a lock against the Padres.

If this thing keeps going I might have to visit the Yankee thread I guess 😂

Unfortunate they won’t make it out of the divisional round though

But, wait, I thought Shortbus said Yankees fans wanted a Subway Series? I know you've always said you know, before you went missing for 2 months while the Yankees were horrible that each day is a little better when the Mets lose. That can't be right, also see superdouche, Proudofnothing and the usual Amigos are very happy. So to say I'm a little confused by Shortbus would be an understatement. Have your 7 days of fun, you'll be looking at year 13 over for the quest for 28.
^^^^ This is the type of reaction that makes the Padres win that much sweeter.
The Mets so underperformed that their manager had to embarrass himself by having the umpires check the oposing pitcher's ears. Amything to try and turn things around. Pathetic.
1986 was soooooo long ago.

• Haha
Reactions: RUfinally2008
The Mets so underperformed that their manager had to embarrass himself by having the umpires check the oposing pitcher's ears. Amything to try and turn things around. Pathetic.
Underperformed my ass.

No-no Joe was locked in last night.

The disrespect for the padres is insane. This team has gotten better and better each week. We’re a motorcycle injury away from winning the division with this roster.

The attitude from Yankee fans in here is crazy. Like congrats on the first half of the season? The yanks are doing anything this post season. And then you’ll lose Judge to the NL West afterwards.

Underperformed my ass.

No-no Joe was locked in last night.

The disrespect for the padres is insane. This team has gotten better and better each week. We’re a motorcycle injury away from winning the division with this roster.

The attitude from Yankee fans in here is crazy. Like congrats on the first half of the season? The yanks are doing anything this post season. And then you’ll lose Judge to the NL West afterwards.
How have the Padres done against the Dodgers thus far this season ?

How have the Padres done against the Dodgers thus far this season ?
I do not know that answer, and am disinclined to look it up, as it is irrelevant. In the unlikely event that this is a legitimate question, I invite you to do your own research.

Reactions: RU Cheese
I do not know that answer, and am disinclined to look it up, as it is irrelevant. In the unlikely event that this is a legitimate question, I invite you to do your own research.
The Dodgers had a 14-5 record against the Padres this year. It's relevant, but certainly not decisive. It's also relevant, but not decisive, that the Dodgers are well-rested because of the bye, and the Dodgers finished the year with a 22-game lead over the Padres. Past is prologue, but I wouldn't put a lot of money on the Padres.

Reactions: Kbee3
No research necessary. They mentioned it several times on last night's broadcast.
Funny how they never mentioned the Mets record vs. the Dodgers.

The Dodgers had a 14-5 record against the Padres this year. It's relevant, but certainly not decisive. It's also relevant, but not decisive, that the Dodgers are well-rested because of the bye, and the Dodgers finished the year with a 22-game lead over the Padres. Past is prologue, but I wouldn't put a lot of money on the Padres.
Don’t care, I’ve watched almost every Padre game this season.

This is not the same team that’s been playing all year.

We played them 9 times in the month of September and went 3-6.

Keep in mind this was all happening while Soto was slumping, Bell was slumping, Grish was a .107 hitter, etc.

Before the Mets series I posted in here that aside from the big names on the roster, “the others” is what the NYM have to worry about as they turned a corner since our series in Arizona to end the year.

The Dodgers have not played this Padre team all year.

I will maintain my belief that the San Diego Padres have the best starting rotation in the playoffs.

Name a single deficiency of this team. What’s different from this Padre team vs the 88 win Braves last season?

Starting rotation - check.
Bullpen - check.
Closer - check.
Star power - check.
Defense - check.
Bats - check.

There’s not a single team I don’t think we stack up to, including the Doyers. And good lord is MLB lucky Nando pulled a stupid selfish move.

The beauty in all of this is we’re playing with house money. Just go out and have some fun and take it to the bums in LA.

Don’t care, I’ve watched almost every Padre game this season.

This is not the same team that’s been playing all year.

We played them 9 times in the month of September and went 3-6.

Keep in mind this was all happening while Soto was slumping, Bell was slumping, Grish was a .107 hitter, etc.

Before the Mets series I posted in here that aside from the big names on the roster, “the others” is what the NYM have to worry about as they turned a corner since our series in Arizona to end the year.

The Dodgers have not played this Padre team all year.

I will maintain my belief that the San Diego Padres have the best starting rotation in the playoffs.

Name a single deficiency of this team. What’s different from this Padre team vs the 88 win Braves last season?

Starting rotation - check.
Bullpen - check.
Closer - check.
Star power - check.
Defense - check.
Bats - check.

There’s not a single team I don’t think we stack up to, including the Doyers. And good lord is MLB lucky Nando pulled a stupid selfish move.

The beauty in all of this is we’re playing with house money. Just go out and have some fun and take it to the bums in LA.
Also, since a lot of our games are on super late on the east coast you guys should know this team was basically carried by Manny Machado to 89 wins.

Manny hasn’t even gotten started in the playoffs yet and he completely owns several Dodger pitchers.

Some of this is just from being a bitter Mets fan for losing the series, but all of this Padre pimping talk is making me want to see the Dodgers roll.
I’m simply defending the team from Yankee and Philly fans coming in here talking shit about the Mets saying you guys suck and collapsed.

Like no, you didn’t, you just ran into a really talented team with great pitching.

You think the Mets lose a series to the Phillies or St. Louis this weekend? No shot.

Yankees got a great draw with Cleveland. I can’t see anything other than 4-0 or 4-1. The AL Central is garbage but someone had to win it. Either way, I can’t see an AL team winning the series this year. Dodgers and Braves are easily the best two teams IMO.

Yankees got a great draw with Cleveland. I can’t see anything other than 4-0 or 4-1. The AL Central is garbage but someone had to win it. Either way, I can’t see an AL team winning the series this year. Dodgers and Braves are easily the best two teams IMO.
It's a best of five series -- the winner only needs three victories. The Guardians are young and hungry. But I agree that the Dodgers and Braves have the best chances of going all the way.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
It's a best of five series -- the winner only needs three victories. The Guardians are young and hungry. But I agree that the Dodgers and Braves have the best chances of going all the way.
I think the Phillies can give the Braves a run for their money

So I guess I can count you in the camp of not wanting the Mets to advance, lol. Yea, but I'm the idiot for not realizing the majority of Yankees fans wanted a Subway Series, hellooooo.

Astros

Reactions: WhiteBus
Wait till you see my reaction when the Yankees crap the bed. Will you at least get out of the AL?

But, wait, I thought Shortbus said Yankees fans wanted a Subway Series? I know you've always said you know, before you went missing for 2 months while the Yankees were horrible that each day is a little better when the Mets lose.
I already explained my absence from here to you....and it was one month, not two. I can't post here if my privileges have been removed.
Yes, each day is a little better for me when the Mets lose. So you can imagine how happy I was last night. And I'm still smiling.
BTW, there has never been a time when I gave two chits about a Mets fan's opinion of the Yankees playoff chances. Especially one as dense as you seem to be.

• Haha
Reactions: RUfinally2008
The Padres are a good team, but the Dodgers are a great team. Beating a team that you finished 22 games behind would be a big upset.
That being said the Padre staff is pitching as well as anyone right now and it's no news flash to recognize that in any short series that can make the difference. For me one of the big questions is Grisham. Has he snapped out of it or will he go back to being futile at the plate like he was most of the year? Also, who play first base, Drury or Myers? Bell most likely is the DH. El Gallo has had his spots but I hope Drury is the choice.
As for the Musgrove ears mystery. I rewatched the entire game. Obviously the camera wasn't on him constantly but I never saw Musgrove touch his ears once. Buck was suspicious early in the game. In the first inning on two occasions when a ball was thrown out of play he asked for the ball and inspected them. His suspicion had nothing to do with anything done in the game but based on Musgrove's dominance over the past month and there was nothing there. If he really thought that there was something and you're already checking in the first inning why wait until the sixth inning to ask the umps to check? As Gary Cohen said post game it was a move that "smacked of desperation".

I’m simply defending the team from Yankee and Philly fans coming in here talking shit about the Mets saying you guys suck and collapsed.

Like no, you didn’t, you just ran into a really talented team with great pitching.
This is just coming across as someone from another school patting us on the head after a tough loss and saying, no shame, we're just better than you. The typical reaction to that is along the lines of, "Get lost!"

Maybe it's just me.

This is just coming across as someone from another school patting us on the head after a tough loss and saying, no shame, we're just better than you. The typical reaction to that is along the lines of, "Get lost!"

Maybe it's just me.
Not my intention to come off that way. Just tired of hearing this crap like we’re at the level of St Louis or Brewers this season.

The two most talented players on the field were Padres this past weekend (Soto and Machado)

Think it’s just east coast bias since I’m sure yankee fans haven’t watched us much this year. People forgot Musgrove was on cy young watch early on in the ear. Darvish won NL pitcher of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT