ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2024 PGA Tour thread

So Chris Gotterup shot a pretty consistent 4 Under, 68 on the North Course. He currently stands T19.

He was #1 in Driving Distance (323yds) but 92nd in Driving Accuracy (50%). He was 3rd in Greens in Regulation and 32nd Putts per GIR.

He tees off on #10 at the more difficult South Course at 12:45 Eastern.

Max Greyseman shot 69 and Ryan McCormick a 73

Gotterup shot a 1 Under 71 which put him at -5 and more important, 2 strokes inside the cut line. He had 4 Birdies, 3 coming in a row on his 7th thru 9th holes.

The field is really bunched tight with 69 players between -3 (T64) and -7 (T10). At -5 Chris is tied with 13 others.

Last edited:
Nick Dunlap turns pro! Good for him! He gets to play the rest of this year plus TWO more years of exemption!
He will be playing next week at Pebble.

Reactions: knightfan7
Chris Gotterup was all over the place today starting not as he would have liked. On his first hole he missed the fairway off the tee by at least 30 yards and ended with a bogey. On 2,he missed a 2.5' Birdie Putt. He also missed a 4' Birdie on his 1st 9. He was up and down, scrambling all day, finally shooting a 3 Over 75. It happens. He dropped to T51.

Following Chris he could just as easily shoot 66 tomorrow. Here's hoping he does.

Final round, looks like a 4 man race with last week's money winner 2nd place Jaeger who got the winners share because Dunlap was an amateur. A couple of guys I'm not familiar with and Tony Finau. Go Tony, now 2 back.

Final round, looks like a 4 man race with last week's money winner 2nd place Jaeger who got the winners share because Dunlap was an amateur. A couple of guys I'm not familiar with and Tony Finau. Go Tony, now 2 back.
Just hiked by the course. On the back end of the Torrey Pines trail there’s a bench within 10 yards of the fifth tee. You can sit there and watch them tee off of 5 and 7 all day. I got there too late to see anyone play, but next time there’s a tournament there I’m going to check it out.

Just hiked by the course. On the back end of the Torrey Pines trail there’s a bench within 10 yards of the fifth tee. You can sit there and watch them tee off of 5 and 7 all day. I got there too late to see anyone play, but next time there’s a tournament there I’m going to check it out.
Think that's the North course, which they only play the first 2 days.

Had a chance to do the trails at Torrey Pines state park last year, and back along the water. Great area.

Reactions: Rutgers Chris
Think that's the North course, which they only play the first 2 days.

Had a chance to do the trails at Torrey Pines state park last year, and back along the water. Great area.
That makes much more sense. Now I’ll know to go earlier in the week. The trails are unreal.

Reactions: rcube1994
So Gotterup had another up and down round with 4 Bird's, 2 Bog's, and 1 Double, finishing Even Par and -2 for the tourney, good for T50. His prize money was $21,990.

He was #1 in Driving Distance (321) with a long of 370 which was 2nd longest but 64th in Driving Accuracy (46.4%). That just goes to show 5-10 extra yards doesn't always mean much if your 2nd shot isn't from the short grass. He was T37 in GIR (68.1%) and T28 in Putts per GIR (1.76) which with 79 players making the weekend, put him in the top half of the field.

Last edited:
The PGA is becoming NASCAR. Changes to tournament fields, limited fields, different payment events, changing the rules along the way. Worst of all cutting others out so the hot players get in during the very early part of the season. When did the Hawaii events become so important? Those courses are not an indication of how people are going to play throughout the year as the course are just way too easy. No issues letting them play at Pebble Beach but knocking those out of the tournament is completely wrong. These changes to the Pebble Beach tournament are drastic.

I was really disappointed when I heard it. Always enjoyed watching the Wednesday celeb closest to the pin contest on CBSSN too that they got rid of (only good news is that I'm no longer forced to watch every shot of Chris Berman's on the TV coverage the day he plays Pebble)...and also hate that the Genesis is also going the Signature route. Riveria is my favorite non-major course to watch them play, but these smaller field, no cut events just aren't the same.
Thank goodness we won't be subjected to the swarmy, "I'm so cool" theatrics of Murray.

Wendell Clark torches Pebble Beach. Shoots 60! 28-32!

Last edited:
Good read.

The author of that article is a pud. He's been caught with some egregiously bad takes including a few years ago talking about how "white" Mike McDaniel will take a job from a black candidate.

One problem. McDaniel is bi-racial. Deadspin had to apologize.

Gotterup gets into the wm phoenix open this week on a sponsors exemption. A little surprising since its usually one of the hardest exemptions to get.

Gotterup gets into the wm phoenix open this week on a sponsors exemption. A little surprising since its usually one of the hardest exemptions to get.
Since it is no longer a signature event (that has been moved to Pebble Beach Pro -Am) it's easier for players to make it into the field.

Weather has really wreaked havoc on the past 2 weeks. Less than half the field in the Waste Mgmt finished yesterday. Some only played 4 holes.

Early tee times got the short stick having to play 18 in upper 40's-low 50's and rain. Chris Gotterup was +1 playing 12 the 1st time they stopped play. He went birdie, bogey, birdie, birdie the next 4 holes after restart, finishing -1. He played the famous Par 3 as his 7th hole. He went about 20 yards long and left of the pin (154yds) missing the green and resulting in a bogey. With that crowd It's likely he got boo'd.

The weather didn't bother Theegala (-6). Shane Lowry probably felt like he was back in Ireland (-4)

Played this course last year. Beautifully manicured, greens were awesome... but honestly the course is really non memorable. Outside of 12 and 15-18, it was a struggle to remember the holes. 16 with out the grandstands is really just a nice par 3.

Definitely not worth the money and if I go back to the area, I'll pass on playing it. Plenty of other better options.

Weather has really wreaked havoc on the past 2 weeks. Less than half the field in the Waste Mgmt finished yesterday. Some only played 4 holes.

Early tee times got the short stick having to play 18 in upper 40's-low 50's and rain. Chris Gotterup was +1 playing 12 the 1st time they stopped play. He went birdie, bogey, birdie, birdie the next 4 holes after restart, finishing -1. He played the famous Par 3 as his 7th hole. He went about 20 yards long and left of the pin (154yds) missing the green and resulting in a bogey. With that crowd It's likely he got boo'd.

The weather didn't bother Theegala (-6). Shane Lowry probably felt like he was back in Ireland (-4)
They asked Lowry if felt like home and he answered “I live in Florida now”. LOL

• Haha
What a final round by Hideki. Didn’t think anyone was going catch Cantlay. you Are not supposed to shoot 62 with Sunday pin placement

Chris Gotterup is in the field down in Mexico this week. At #154 in the FedEx standings after 2 MC's and a finish in the 50's, he needs to start making some noise quick if he wants to stay on Tour.

Chris Gotterup is in the field down in Mexico this week. At #154 in the FedEx standings after 2 MC's and a finish in the 50's, he needs to start making some noise quick if he wants to stay on Tour.
The field this weekend is awful (Finau and then not much else), so a good week to make a move.

Gotterup withdrew due to illness prior to round 2 (after going -2 in round 1, which had him in decent shape to make the cut).

Chris is in the formally called Honda Classic. He shot -1 and at 76th tied with 50 other players. He is going to need a good round today to make his first cut in 2024.

Chris is in the formally called Honda Classic. He shot -1 and at 76th tied with 50 other players. He is going to need a good round today to make his first cut in 2024.
26% fairways off the tee yesterday. Constantly scrambling is no way to move up.

He's Even on his round today and still -1 after 4 holes.

Chris once again had issues off the Tee. He was able to get it to -3 but was -2 on the Par 5 18th. He just missed putting his Tee ball in the lake, and had no shot at the green. He played it to the left and his 3rd was 12' from the hole. He made the clutch Birdie putt finishing with a 2 Under 69 and -3 (T38) for the tourney. The cut line is -2 at the moment.

Chris once again had issues off the Tee. He was able to get it to -3 but was -2 on the Par 5 18th. He just missed putting his Tee ball in the lake, and had no shot at the green. He played it to the left and his 3rd was 12' from the hole. He made the clutch Birdie putt finishing with a 2 Under 69 and -3 (T38) for the tourney. The cut line is -2 at the moment.
He's in. The cut has a better chance to move down to -1 then move up. Did see he made birdie on 18!

They said in the opening that this will be the first cut under par since they started to play at this course in 2009.

Early guys out are making a lot of birdies so far including Chris Gotterup.

Erik van Rooyen just tied for the lead. He has 7 birdies in his first 8 holes! 👀

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT