ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Sports OT: Official 2024 Summer Olympics Thread (with LIVE UPDATES)

For contrast....

bMMwyMo.jpeg

RAM and Krajicek beat Nadal/Alcaraz in Men's Doubles Semis!!!!! WOW!!! Straight sets no less!!!

Watching womens synchronized diving competition-thong division. Very nice, feel like putting a dollar bill in their swimsuits when they get out of the pool.

• Love
Reactions: Roy_Faulker
Our 3v3 teams oooooof….

Women 0-3 with a loss to the USSR....ooops, nope, Azerbaija....YIKES!

Men 0-2 (playing Lithuania NOW)

Last edited:
Biles struggling in 3rd after 2 rotations in the individual all-around. Anyone watching this? For the last 20 minutes on NBC, the feed has had some odd voiceover describing each performer's moves as they occur and we're also hearing the NBC announcers at the same time. It's very annoying.

And no volume on USA. Kind of wondering if it's the feed or maybe, somehow, my dad's TV (I'm in FL visiting him right now).

Edit: figured the voiceover thing out: there is a new SAP (secondary audio program) feed from NBC and the Olympics that describes every little movement of every athlete for the blind/visually impaired and it must've been set up as the default on my dad's TV and I was able to turn it off. Whew.

https://chicagolighthouse.org/sandy...ecause for the,are blind or visually impaired.

Last edited:
I wasn't aware there was a man vs woman boxing event. Back in my day we called that domestic violence

Big boxing fan Frank Sinatra predicted this in a 1965 song "Luck Be A Lady."
"Luck if you've ever been a lady to begin with."

Reactions: newell138
- One of our Women's Beach VB teams just beat a Chinese team (match literally just ended approx 12:10AM Paris time).

- females getting their brains bashed in by males is beyond stupid; let's hope nobody suffers serious brain damage or worse

- our Rowing program has been a "shell" of its former self. ZERO medals in Tokyo BUT already ONE GOLD today in the Men's Coxless 4's). So far with 6 of 14 events completed we also have 4th place finishes in the Women's Coxless 4's and Men's Double Sculls. Hopefully some more on the way.

Last edited:
- One of our Women's Beach VB teams just beat a Chinese team (match literally just ended approx 12:10AM Paris time).

- females getting their brains bashed in by males is beyond stupid; let's hope nobody suffers serious brain damage or worse

- our Rowing program has been a "shell" of its former self. ZERO medals in Tokyo BUT already ONE GOLD today in the Men's Coxless 4's). So far with 6 of 14 events completed we also have 4th place finishes in the Women's Coxless 4's and Men's Double Sculls. Hopefully some more on the way.
Men's four wins gold in rowing

And the medals keep coming in the pool with 22-year old Kate Douglass taking GOLD in the 200M breaststroke (took bronze in Tokyo) among others!

Reactions: pele78
  • Angry
Reactions: bac2therac
I wasn't aware there was a man vs woman boxing event. Back in my day we called that domestic violence

I have read that she is a female with the appropriate female parts. Born as a female with a vagina. Supposedly she has a situation where she produces high levels of testosterone but when tested for the Olympics her levels were within the limit. Add to the fact that she is Algerian, and the country does not recognize transgenders.

There is an unsubstantiated report from Russian officials that she has an XY chromosome, but they never released the test results to document that.

Her record is 37-9. I found a site that had more information, so I corrected the post I made.

She does look masculine is that a disqualifier.

Last edited:

There was a man’s cockless in the women’s boxing

• Haha
Reactions: AreYouNUTS
What I learned from these Olympics is that Chinese swimmers have a lot of bad luck when it comes to restaurants. They seem to eat a lot of contaminated food. Which just so happens to be tainted with performance enhancing substances. Who knew you could eat a hamburger and it have heart medication in it.

Last edited:
Katie Ledecky gets metal number 13 today, the most ever by a woman from the United States, in the women’s 4 x 200 freestyle relay with a silver!

Reactions: pele78 and 93RUDoc
I have read that she is a female with the appropriate female parts. Born as a female with a vagina. Supposedly she has a situation where she produces high levels of testosterone but when tested for the Olympics her levels were within the limit. Add to the fact that she is Algerian, and the country does not recognize transgenders.

There is an unsubstantiated report from Russian officials that she has an XY chromosome, but they never released the test results to document that.

Her record is 37-9. I found a site that had more information, so I corrected the post I made.

It's rare, but sometimes babies are born with both. The parents need to make the decision on what parts remain. Doesn't change the chromosomes.

The boxing federation that banned them said they had XY chromosomes.

All I have heard from the Olympics is ridiculousness like “they are female on their passport” as if that is somehow scientific.

• Wow
Reactions: newell138
US Men getting outclassed by Morocco in soccer. Down 1-0 in the first half. We're not going to win this game unless we really take it up a notch.

- 2-0 Morocco with about 22 to go in regulation. Not looking good right now.

- we're BACK TO THE TRACK!!! 100M heats have begun for the women!!!

3-0....we're completely lost out there.....a 12-yaer old could've stopped that ball.

30 years of MLS , tons of added resources and this is what US soccer federation has produced?

30 years of MLS , tons of added resources and this is what US soccer federation has produced?
I didn't expect a win today, TBH, not in front of a stadium 90% filled with Moroccan fans (and them all of a sudden becoming a "player' on the world stage) BUT how about showing just a LITTLE 'heart?" It's the freakin' Olympics for crying out loud!!!

Not knowing a lot about the Moroccan roster, I wonder how much of this is due to the fact that our best U23 players just played in a major international tournament. Is the talent disparity partly due to that here?

Not knowing a lot about the Moroccan roster, I wonder how much of this is due to the fact that our best U23 players just played in a major international tournament. Is the talent disparity partly due to that here?
No one on the Olympics team played in Copa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT