ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Sports OT: Official 2024 Summer Olympics Thread (with LIVE UPDATES)

No one on the Olympics team played in Copa.
Seems sorta weird that the Olympics, Copa & Euro are all the same year. I know you want to have the World Cup 2 years apart, but you’d think smart scheduling could keep the national teams more in the spotlight in what are currently the “off” years.

WSRkbmB.jpeg
It varies and depends on what political agenda is being pushed at the time .

Right and Morocco didn't play in Copa, so I would think their best U23 players were available unlike the US.
Sorry misread what you were trying to say. Yes it's possible they didn't want to bring because they just played in Copa and their club team could have denied it as well since they wouldn't want them playing in both.

Great crowd at Equestrian Team Jumping Finals as well. USA sitting in 4th with 1 rider to go! (UPDATE: WE WILL MEDAL)

Last edited:
30 years of MLS , tons of added resources and this is what US soccer federation has produced?
MLS has done a lot more for development of the CONCACAF countries other than the US and Mexico than anything.

I will also say I don't think U-23 Olympics really has any bearing on the regular global stage like WC and such. There might be a small correlation to U23 success and world success but I doubt it.

Man, USA Men's 3x3 basketball is horrible, it looks like they went down to the Y and got @Richie O and his crew. 😁

Man, USA Men's 3x3 basketball is horrible, it looks like they went down to the Y and got @Richie O and his crew.
I was thinking the same. You see this level of play at many Ys only with smaller players. It’s laughable and makes you wonder how these players qualify.

Man, USA Men's 3x3 basketball is horrible, it looks like they went down to the Y and got @Richie O and his crew. 😁
They're playing in 95-degree heat, close to 110 on the court, with a 12-second shot clock. I'd LOE to see you out there lol!

Team USA Men FINALLY get a "W" on the boards!! Now a SHITTY 1-3 with the women going 3-3 (after an 0-3 start) this has been a stunningly LOUSY event for us thus far.

WOW - mixed 4x400 relay heats (2 semis) have begun!! TEAM USA ABSOLUTELY CRUSHES IT!! Wins their semi by 25-meters AND sets OLYMPIC RECORD/WORLD RECORD in the process!!

PACKED stadium (as it will be every day for the next 1.5 weeks)!!

Men's Shot Put coming up! USA's Ryan Krauser goes for his 3rd consecutive GOLD!!!

WOW - mixed 4x400 relay heats (2 semis) have begun!! TEAM USA ABSOLUTELY CRUSHES IT!! Wins their semi by 25-meters AND sets OLYMPIC RECORD/WORLD RECORD in the process!!

PACKED stadium (as it will be every day for the next 1.5 weeks)!!

Men's Shot Put coming up! USA's Ryan Krauser goes for his 3rd consecutive GOLD!!!
Did the 16 year old kid run in the 4 x 400 ?

Valarie Allman easily hits the auto qual mark on her first throw in discus qualifications. Moving on to the final

Reactions: ashokan
The boxing federation that banned them said they had XY chromosomes.

All I have heard from the Olympics is ridiculousness like “they are female on their passport” as if that is somehow scientific.
The organization that tested her refused to release the test results

Does that organization still exist?

The boxing federation that banned them said they had XY chromosomes.

All I have heard from the Olympics is ridiculousness like “they are female on their passport” as if that is somehow scientific.
She has an Algerian passport so I doubt they are allowing a male to claim to be a female on the passport

She has an Algerian passport so I doubt they are allowing a male to claim to be a female on the passport
With many conditions with ambiguous or non-developing genitalia the person when born is designated as a female.

However, in some of those conditions the person is genetically male (XY).

That would explain the passport, which obviously shouldn’t be taken as scientific evidence comparable to genetic testing.

The organization that tested her refused to release the test results

Does that organization still exist?
They were both also disqualified after testing during the 2022 and 2023 boxing world championships, although the time the tests take to complete meant the 2022 disqualification came after the competition ended and in 2023 after the competition had already started.

If it wasn’t for the IOC’s poor standard using a snapshot of testosterone levels that can be “managed”, they wouldn’t be competing internationally in the sport.

Reactions: bac2therac
Valarie Allman easily hits the auto qual mark on her first throw in discus qualifications. Moving on to the final

Her best throws are almost the same as men's best throws but of course men's discus weights twice as much (1kg = women 2 kg = men). Her personal best is 71.46 (women's WR is 76.80 and men's is 73.45)

"Aug. 2—Valarie Allman doesn't know how to lose.

On Friday, during the qualification portion of the women's discus at the Paris Olympics, the Silver Creek graduate decimated the rest of the field, punching her ticket to the final with a throw of 69.59 meters, surging well beyond the 64.50 meters needed to make the cut.

She only needed one throw to get the job done, and defeated the next best throw, from Croatia's Sandra Elkasević, by nearly four meters."

They were both also disqualified after testing during the 2022 and 2023 boxing world championships, although the time the tests take to complete meant the 2022 disqualification came after the competition ended and in 2023 after the competition had already started.

If it wasn’t for the IOC’s poor standard using a snapshot of testosterone levels that can be “managed”, they wouldn’t be competing internationally in the sport.
I have read there are doubts about the test the Russian official claim showed she had XY chromosome. Just because he said it does not make it true.

The opponent from last Olympics supports her eligibility to fight as a female.

something to know :>Khelif was assigned female at birth and it says so on her passport,
Born in 1999, Khelif is from rural northwestern Algeria. Her father initially didn’t approve of girls participating in boxing, but Khelif said she gave up soccer as a teenager to pursue her new passion, even though she had to travel 10 kilometers each way to the gym.

Khelif eventually caught the attention of Algeria’s national team, making her major tournament debut in 2018 with a first-round loss at the AIBA — now the International Boxing Association — world championships. She lost five of her first six elite-level bouts, but improved and excelled.

Khelif was one of Algeria’s first three Olympic women’s boxers sent to Tokyo three years ago. She won her opening bout but lost her second to eventual gold medalist Kellie Harrington of Ireland.<

Who is Lin Yu-Ting? The Taiwanese Olympic boxer deemed to have male chromosomes -
New Taipei City Councilor Cho Kuan-ting said on social media that the boxer was registered as a female at birth, according to Taiwan News. Furthermore, the outlet reported that Lin’s identity card has a “2” designation meant for females. It reportedly cannot be altered.

in my opinion a Muslim country like Algeria wouldn't have allows a make to represent their females as so many are implying.
As for Taiwan doing it, can't think of a reason why they'd have made a female birth certificate for a male newborn
Also both thers fighters were in the Tokyo Olympics and bo one said a peep then.
Adding there two have been fighting as females for years and except for a test the Olympic Committee considers inaccurate, both haven't had opposition to their fighting in a classification their original official birth certifies classify them as .
In my opinion
This is a case of taking something and blowing it out of proportion

Last edited:
Have a beer at the local bar and one of the Olympics channels is showing hilly indoor track riding with adults riding on stolen kids bikes. Is that even a sport??

something to know :>Khelif was assigned female at birth and it says so on her passport,
Born in 1999, Khelif is from rural northwestern Algeria. Her father initially didn’t approve of girls participating in boxing, but Khelif said she gave up soccer as a teenager to pursue her new passion, even though she had to travel 10 kilometers each way to the gym.

Khelif eventually caught the attention of Algeria’s national team, making her major tournament debut in 2018 with a first-round loss at the AIBA — now the International Boxing Association — world championships. She lost five of her first six elite-level bouts, but improved and excelled.

Khelif was one of Algeria’s first three Olympic women’s boxers sent to Tokyo three years ago. She won her opening bout but lost her second to eventual gold medalist Kellie Harrington of Ireland.<

Who is Lin Yu-Ting? The Taiwanese Olympic boxer deemed to have male chromosomes -
New Taipei City Councilor Cho Kuan-ting said on social media that the boxer was registered as a female at birth, according to Taiwan News. Furthermore, the outlet reported that Lin’s identity card has a “2” designation meant for females. It reportedly cannot be altered.

in my opinion a Muslim country like Algeria wouldn't have allows a make to represent their females as so many are implying.
As for Taiwan doing it, can't think of a reason why they'd have made a female birth certificate for a male newborn
Also both thers fighters were in the Tokyo Olympics and bo one said a peep then.
Adding there two have been fighting as females for years and except for a test the Olympic Committee considers inaccurate, both haven't had opposition to their fighting in a classification their original official birth certifies classify them as .
In my opinion
This is a case of taking something and blowing it out of proportion

I don't really care about the fighters or their bios.
IOC doesn't examine contestants and leaves it up to sport governing bodies.
Both people were found to have "issues" by governing bodies and they didn't appeal.
They didn't appeal.

Both people were found to have "issues" by governing bodies and they didn't appeal.
They didn't appeal.
That governing body was known to be corrupt and no longer exists. They have never produced the so called test so you are basing your belief on a statement from a corrupt official who refused to produce any proof

They didn't appeal.
If you didn't care why post something about them.
Maybe their bios made you decide not to care
As for not appealing, could be they just didn't want the hassle and any appeal would be judged after the event they were banned from was over .
Now for the testing > both did not undergo a testosterone examination but were subject to a separate and recognized test, whereby the specifics remain confidential..
Can understand confidentiality, but it seems like there's more to whats happened than meets the eye
from a google search I found this:
"The IOC suspended the IBA in 2019 because of concerns over its finances, governance, ethics, refereeing and judging. Having failed to meet required reforms set out by the IOC, the IBA was stripped of its status as the sport's world governing body in 2023."

We're just NOT good on the water anymore. Through 10 event FINALS we have exactly ONE medal (which, sadly, is. 1 more than in 2021). Those ahead of us?

Romania (land-locked) - 4
Italy/Greece/Ireland - 2

...4 events to go:

Women's Single Sculls - 4:18AM EST (USA)
Men's Single Sculls - 4:30AM EST
Women's 8 - 4:50AM EST (USA)
Men's 8 - 5:30AM EST (USA)

1st Track and Field Medal Team USA - Bronze, Men's 10K

Holy Shit I'm watching Men's Trampoline....this shit be CRAZY!!!

Canoeing - Kayak Cross ....this is a NEW Olympic Sport and it's NUTS....4 single kayakers get dropped 15-feet from a platform then it's basically "Bumper Kayak" through the course!!!

That governing body was known to be corrupt and no longer exists. They have never produced the so called test so you are basing your belief on a statement from a corrupt official who refused to produce any proof

However corrupt they were the IOC is worse.
Most sports bodies are corrupt to varying degrees

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
If you didn't care why post something about them.
Maybe their bios made you decide not to care
As for not appealing, could be they just didn't want the hassle and any appeal would be judged after the event they were banned from was over .
Now for the testing > both did not undergo a testosterone examination but were subject to a separate and recognized test, whereby the specifics remain confidential..
Can understand confidentiality, but it seems like there's more to whats happened than meets the eye
from a google search I found this:
"The IOC suspended the IBA in 2019 because of concerns over its finances, governance, ethics, refereeing and judging. Having failed to meet required reforms set out by the IOC, the IBA was stripped of its status as the sport's world governing body in 2023."

I don't care about the boxers with issues but I do care about the insanity being intentionally being sown in sports.
There are males who want to be selfish and go in women's sports.
There are fans who are selfish and support such transmogrification (they usually have secret self as well).

Where there is smoke there is fire and there are other victims. If people have physical issues then that's their problem and not the world's. Conforming the sane to the insane is part of the plot.

"Now, another one of Khelif’s opponents is speaking out.

Brianda Tamara was beaten by Khelif in December 2022, before the chromosomal and testosterone tests allegedly disqualified her from the IBA world championships in March 2023.

“When I fought with her [Khelif] I felt very out of my depth, her blows hurt me a lot,” the Mexican boxer said said in a March 2023 post, translated via Google.

“I don’t think I had ever felt like that in my 13 years as a boxer, nor in my sparring with men. Thank God that day I got out of the ring safely, and it’s good that they finally realized.”

Have a beer at the local bar and one of the Olympics channels is showing hilly indoor track riding with adults riding on stolen kids bikes. Is that even a sport??

You missed the first leg of the event, where they had to steal the bike!

NBC primetime just showed 5 minutes on Caleb dressel and his mental health story and the birth of his kid .

Exactly - was easier for the Eastern Bloc countries to work around the tests.

As for this case - the firestorm has been interesting. To me if the IBC disqualified this individual twice there’s more than smoke there.

It wasn't indoor (half the stands and the course with a roof but open air on the other side) and there's been bicycle racing in The Olympics forever. Just a different type: BMX. Also a packed, rowdy crowd!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT