ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Sports OT: Official 2024 Summer Olympics Thread (with LIVE UPDATES)

Wedgies vs ninjas

R6z8a4X.jpeg

There they are!! Lilliana and Paula ....and those are NOT their skimpiest thongs....have to imagine this was out of "respect" for their opponents.

Last edited:
I want to see the full Mary Carillo feature on escargot after catching parts of it twice last weekend.

The road race had a three woman photo finish for silver and bronze, amazingly close.

Bobby Finke with a WORLD RECORD going start-to-finish with the lead in the 1500!!! GOLD BABY GOLD!!!

*** the lone USA Male individual gold these games in the pool

Reactions: thegock and pele78
IBA finances come from Russia and they moved their operations there. that's why everyone seems to have an issue with them now. You gotta know these athletics governing bodies are all corrupt... including the Olympics itself. None of that means the IBA was incorrect regarding the XY chromosome and what it means to fairness in women's boxing. But at least I'm glad this highlights that transwomen who grew up male and choose to be women in order to adorn themselves with medals and ribbons by beating on women is being proven ridiculous by all this attention to this issue.
lol despite the proof a conspiracy theory is accepted.
Official birth certificates are not to be accepted , even one from a Muslim country that could be expected to make sure male/female classification is on the up and up. The other (Taiwan) didn't have a reason to make a male newborn into a female , unless you feel they knew the baby would make a great female boxer and that meant wrongly classifying the newborn so when old enough could enter the Olympics as a female and Taiwan would get the gold because of it
Guess it's just some who look for things and people to hate will always succeed at that , nor will they admit being wrong despite all the evidence that says otherwise.

Funny how claiming both organizations are corrupt can imply : one of them is to be believed .

Last edited:
Reactions: thegock
Currently in the pool:

USA 7G 12S 7B 26 total medals
Aus 7G 7S 3B 17 total medal

with BOTH M/F 4 x 100 Medley relays to go. Now....as far as I'm concerned....we've CRUSHED them in the pool. PERIOD. That being said let's get these last 2 Golds just to shut everyone else up!!!

lol despite the proof a conspiracy theory is accepted.
Official birth certificates are not to be accepted , even one from a Muslim country that could be expected to make sure male/female classification is on the up and up. The other (Taiwan) didn't have a reason to make a male newborn into a female , unless you feel they knew the baby would make a great female boxer and that meant wrongly classifying the newborn so when old enough could enter the Olympics as a female and Taiwan would get the gold because of it
Guess it's just some who look for things and people to hate will always succeed at that , nor will they admit being wrong despite all the evidence that says otherwise.

Funny how claiming both organizations are corrupt can imply : one of them is to be believed .
HOLY SHIT DROP IT ALREADY.....please....thank you

Damn....for the 1st time EVER - IIRC - the USA doesn't win Gold in the Men's 4 x 100 Medley Relay!!! Take Silver, behind China, and The Aussies get NADA. Was actually a helluva comeback as we were in 4th following the 1st 2 legs (back and breast).

Last edited:
HOLY SHIT DROP IT ALREADY.....please....thank you
will do, hope you apply that standard to others that I reply to.
I started replying after seeing you enter the fray
------------------------------------------------
( AreYouNUTS said:

- females getting their brains bashed in by males is beyond stupid; let's hope nobody suffers serious brain damage or worse .)
--------------------------------
hope everyone decides to take the advice you just gave and not go by the one time you posted on this issue.
That said, you're doing a great job keeping everyone in this thread knowing what's happening and I can understand how my part is hurting that great coverage and discussing the events
But I won't apologize for speaking out on an issue that makes this thread less than it should be , just won't be part of the distraction again.

TEAM USA WORLD RECORD in the Women's 4 x 100 Medley!!!! Crush The Aussies overall and win the GOLD MEDAL reace!!

55-FLAT - FASTEST SPLIT IN HISTORY - by (???) in the breast leg of the race

Final tally in the pool....there's only one thing to say to Australia...

SUCK IT!!!

USA 8G 13S 7B 28 total medals

Aus 7G 8S 3B 18 total medal

Reactions: pele78
will do, hope you apply that standard to others that I reply to.
I started replying after seeing you enter the fray
------------------------------------------------
( AreYouNUTS said:

- females getting their brains bashed in by males is beyond stupid; let's hope nobody suffers serious brain damage or worse .)
--------------------------------
hope everyone decides to take the advice you just gave and not go by the one time you posted on this issue.
That said, you're doing a great job keeping everyone in this thread knowing what's happening and I can understand how my part is hurting that great coverage and discussing the events
But I won't apologize for speaking out on an issue that makes this thread less than it should be , just won't be part of the distraction again.
Don't take it personally...I've asked a few times now in this thread....I get the conversation, I do, but let's move on (at least in this thread). We don't need another week of it, ya' know? Feel free to start a separate thread, however, don't get me wrong buddy. Thank you!

Reactions: RU-05 and MADHAT1
As a cyclist myself, that was freaking awesome. She blew by Marianne Vos (one of the all time best) and 2 others with about 4k to go and wins by a minute
This immediately after closing a pretty big gap to catch Vos and another cyclist.

They showed an overhead of Faulner's mover and it was a "holy mackeral" level explosive move.
TEAM USA WORLD RECORD in the Women's 4 x 100 Medley!!!! Crush The Aussies overall and win the GOLD MEDAL reace!!

55-FLAT - FASTEST SPLIT IN HISTORY - by (???) in the breast leg of the race

Final tally in the pool....there's only one thing to say to Australia...

SUCK IT!!!

USA 8G 13S 7B 28 total medals

Aus 7G 8S 3B 18 total medal
Just absolutely crushed it. Ledecky in the 1500 type of dominance.

2 very impressive performances by the ladies.

Fink in the 1500m was excellent as well.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
I forget which poster it was, HOWEVER:

to the guy who thinks The Olympics "aren't a big deal" - or however you put it - to sports like Golf, Tennis, etc. etc., that have "bigger championships in others sports"....well....

HAVE YOU BEEN PAYING ATTENTION?

You couldn't have been more wrong with that assertion. Yikes.

to the guy who thinks The Olympics "aren't a big deal" - or however you put it - to sports like Golf, Tennis, etc. etc., that have "bigger championships in others sports"....well....

Did all the big name golfers participate?

I imagine it's a diluted field due to country representation factors?

From USA Today and probably a little outdated

What is the medal count at the 2024 Paris Olympics?​

Here's the overall medal count on Sunday. The U.S. leads the way with 67 total medals, while China has the most golds with 18. Here are the top 10 countries overall:

• 1. USA — 67 (17 gold, 25 silver, 25 bronze)
  • 2. China — 43 (18 gold, 15 silver, 10 bronze)
  • 3. France — 42 (12 gold, 14 silver, 16 bronze)
  • 4. Great Britain — 37 (10 gold, 12 silver, 15 bronze)
  • 5. Australia — 28 (12 gold, 9 silver, 7 bronze)
  • 6. South Korea — 24 (10 gold, 7 silver, 7 bronze)
  • 7. Japan — 23 (8 gold, 5 silver, 10 bronze)
  • 8. Italy — 20 (6 gold, 9 silver, 5 bronze)
  • 9. Canada — 16 (4 gold, 4 silver, 7 bronze)
  • 10. Netherlands — 15 (6 gold, 5 silver, 4 bronze)

I have been watching most of the Olympic events except golf and tennis and the other sports where there is a more important venue for that sport.
It not like I said anyone else can’t watch them or make a big deal out of them but to me they are way down in importance.

In golf/tennis it is below the 4 majors and the Ryder and Davis Cups. Of course the athletes like to win but I don’t find it that meaningful. Now the women who won the 100 meter and triple jump as well as the coed relay race were great.

From USA Today and probably a little outdated

What is the medal count at the 2024 Paris Olympics?​

Here's the overall medal count on Sunday. The U.S. leads the way with 67 total medals, while China has the most golds with 18. Here are the top 10 countries overall:

• 1. USA — 67 (17 gold, 25 silver, 25 bronze)
  • 2. China — 43 (18 gold, 15 silver, 10 bronze)
  • 3. France — 42 (12 gold, 14 silver, 16 bronze)
  • 4. Great Britain — 37 (10 gold, 12 silver, 15 bronze)
  • 5. Australia — 28 (12 gold, 9 silver, 7 bronze)
  • 6. South Korea — 24 (10 gold, 7 silver, 7 bronze)
  • 7. Japan — 23 (8 gold, 5 silver, 10 bronze)
  • 8. Italy — 20 (6 gold, 9 silver, 5 bronze)
  • 9. Canada — 16 (4 gold, 4 silver, 7 bronze)
  • 10. Netherlands — 15 (6 gold, 5 silver, 4 bronze)
updated:

Team
China
United States
France
Australia
Great Britain

Reactions: MADHAT1
I have been watching most of the Olympic events except golf and tennis and the other sports where there is a more important venue for that sport.
It not like I said anyone else can’t watch them or make a big deal out of them but to me they are way down in importance.

In golf/tennis it is below the 4 majors and the Ryder and Davis Cups. Of course the athletes like to win but I don’t find it that meaningful. Now the women who won the 100 meter and triple jump as well as the coed relay race were great.
But who decides what is the more important venue?

Joker was more emotional after his Olympic win then I have seen him in other victories(granted I'm not a huge tennis guy).

Scheffler on the other hand didn't seem overly excited, at least in the clips I saw.

But who decides what is the more important venue?

Joker was more emotional after his Olympic win then I have seen him in other victories(granted I'm not a huge tennis guy).

Scheffler on the other hand didn't seem overly excited, at least in the clips I saw.
For me I do. For you you do.

I would bet Joker would not trade any of his majors for the gold even though he wanted to win the gold. They are great athletes they want to win wherever they play.

I have to decide what I have time and desire to watch and for the Olympics I choose certain events over others.

If I ever went to the Olympics I would not attend golf, tennis etc but track and swimming I would try to attend as much as possible.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Did all the big name golfers participate?

I imagine it's a diluted field due to country representation factors?
9 of the Top 10 in the FedEX Cup standings did. The Top 15 in World Rankings are auto qualifiers but that is offset a bit by no country can have more than 4 There were also golfers from the Euro and LIV tours (Rahm and Victor Perez who are 2 who were on the 1st page of the leaderboard). The field wasn't as deep as you would find at the Masters, etc, but the top half was strong.

Reactions: RU-05

Should tell Scottie Scheffler. Maybe he wouldn't have been in tears at medal ceremony.

For me I do. For you you do.

I would bet Joker would not trade any of his majors for the gold even though he wanted to win the gold. They are great athletes they want to win wherever they play.

I have to decide what I have time and desire to watch and for the Olympics I choose certain events over others.

If I ever went to the Olympics I would not attend golf, tennis etc but track and swimming I would try to attend as much as possible.
You say this, but then you project your opinion onto Joker without any evidence to suggest it's true.

If you want to say "in my opinion" then that's cool, I prefer watching olympic swimming and track over olympic tennis and golf as well, but the athletes in the latter sports seem to take the Olympics as seriously as they do any major.

M Hammer Finals - Winkler currently in 6th BUT his best throws (872.71 all-time best) could easily get him a medal:

Currently (ongoing):

Today·Final
Live
#StandingAthletesDistance
r6cuGUoI9PfLp3Bu_108x108.jpg

E. Katzberg
H23oIEP6qK-zNc3O8abnIA_36x36.png

Canada
84.12 m
Cfx1uxPCJW0aYwOD_108x108.jpg

B. Halász
YEm-U_1zHCmIknmK5sNcIg_36x36.png

Hungary
79.97 m
k4hs20uimC4aRbAW_108x108.jpg

M. Kokhan
DQIQtK7N4yrDIqw75pxFHg_36x36.png

Ukraine
79.39 m
rTY7jGJLNFNw24LE_108x108.jpg

R. Winkler
wj9uZvn_vZrelLFGH8fnPA_36x36.png

United States
77.92 m

Okay but whether or not you - or I - find it "meaningful" doesn't mean jack, agree? Scheff broke down today - and admitted he did during the women's gymnastics team Gold medal ceremony - and so did Joker. He had never won gold before so this mean EVERYTHING to him. Remember:

1) it's only every 4 years
2) it's for your country
3) the world is watching

....ya' know? But, again, your opinion of it for YOURSELF all good man!

WOW!!! What a Men's 100M that was!!!! Though Lyles got beat but that may have been THE tightest 100 in Olympics history!! 1st USA Men's 100M GOLD in 20-years. Gold/Silver separated by 5/1000th of a second!!! INSANITY!!! Fred Kerley gets The Bronze!!!

*** Americans all suck coming off the blocks; it's amazing...

Reactions: RC1991
WOW!!! What a Men's 100M that was!!!! Though Lyles got beat but that may have been THE tightest 100 in Olympics history!! 1st USA Men's 100M GOLD in 20-years. Gold/Silver separated by 5/1000th of a second!!! INSANITY!!! Fred Kerley gets The Bronze!!!

*** Americans all suck coming off the blocks; it's amazing...
I admit I was ready to be critical of Lyles.

But that was awesome.

Kerley wasn't much behind gold himself.

Okay but whether or not you - or I - find it "meaningful" doesn't mean jack, agree? Scheff broke down today - and admitted he did during the women's gymnastics team Gold medal ceremony - and so did Joker. He had never won gold before so this mean EVERYTHING to him. Remember:

1) it's only every 4 years
2) it's for your country
3) the world is watching

....ya' know? But, again, your opinion of it for YOURSELF all good man!
Yes only my opinion. I do not expect that every one will agree with me.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
This is NUTS....

Men's 4 x 100 Relay Team USA

1912 -2000 GOLD (15)
2004 - SILVER
2008 (baton drop)
2012 (2nd; later lost medals due to doping)
2016 (DQ'd (baton exchange past zone...got beat by Bolt and Japan for Bronze but taken away)
2020 (DEFENDING WORLD CHAMP finished 6th)

....TIME FOR A RESOUNDING "W" HERE. This is just embarrassing. After finishing 1/3/7 in the 100M we damn well better not lose!

*** yes I'm still pissed we blew the 4 x 400 Medley lol!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT