ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OFFICIAL - Make Fun of the Mets/Yanks Thread - 2018 Season

7-0 TB, but how does that help you? We know were playing out the string, but to call the team that's basically been ahead of you all season "crap" shows your lack of common sense, and renders anything you say,"crap",lol
I’m not sure what the Mutts are displaying on the field qualifies as playing.

Reactions: Kbee3
7-0 TB, but how does that help you? We know were playing out the string, but to call the team that's basically been ahead of you all season "crap" shows your lack of common sense, and renders anything you say,"crap",lol
Just a heads' up but....
Zack Wheeler..28......career 23-29.....ERA...3.99
Sonny Gray......28......career 53-50 ... ERA...3.68
No Yankees fan thinks Wheeler is an upgrade. Keep him.

Just a heads' up but....
Wheeler is a bum.

Just a heads' up but....
Great, lets see how you feel about Gray after the WC Game.[cheers]

Varsity NY = 58-29
Junior Varsity NY = 35-51
163 and off to the tee.
Jordan-Spieth-swing-slo-motion.gif

So, if the Yankees are playing .663 ball, and have played 4 less games than Boston,all Boston wins, to win all 4, a 1.000 playing percentage, explain to me how they were tied before the Yankee split?:ear:

Better you should tell us why the Marlins are in last place and the Mets are in fourth if the Marlins have 38 wins and the Mets have only 36

Better you should tell us why the Marlins are in last place and the Mets are in fourth if the Marlins have 38 wins and the Mets have only 36
Mets fans aren't the ones harping on the loss column and games in hand.Face it, Boston, has the edge on the division, and you have a huge lead for top WC team. That is all.

All I got left for this season,so at least it's still a lot of fun watching games.But wait till next year!!!!!!
I don't know what makes you think next year will be any better for the Amazins.
Go take a look at that unit the Mets put out there for tonight's game. Look at the batting averages. One starter hitting over .250 ?
Honestly if it wasn't for Al Leiter's nephew they would never have scored.
The Mets minor league system is weak. The owners have never shown much interest in spending big money for a bunch of free agents.
So how can you possibly think they'll be much improved next season ?

Go take a look at that unit the Mets put out there for tonight's game. Look at the batting averages. One starter hitting over .250 ?
The Mets minor league system is weak. The owners have never shown much interest in spending big money for a bunch of free agents.
I don't, but just like the fans of them Brooklyn Bums,it's wait till next year,most years,lol.
BumsDodgersPennantResize.JPG

Did you see 2015 coming with a trip to the WS? Many of your Band Of Brothers have already stated that the Yankees are positioned to win several Titles in the near future.A Joe Torre type run. That was an amazing accomplishment not likely to happen again. With salary caps more handcuffing,the chance to keep and control players is even harder. Look at how bad, not only the Mets have become since just 2015, KC, now has the worst record in all of baseball. The Yankees on paper are setup for another mid 90's run,but I wouldn't bet the house on it! Let's see if they can win one, before we compare them to the run Torre had with them.After 85,86,and 1987, it seemed the Mets were ready for a nice run also. A couple of bad trades,star players falling in love with cocaine and not handling the NYC life style, and disaster.I don't see the young Yankee players falling into the D&D stupidity, but injuries and other unforeseen circumstances will, as almost always stop a prolonged run by MLB teams.

Last edited:
Lol, we don't care. So the BoSox are up 5 games in the meaningless win column. Who pitches in the WC game for the Evil Empire? Still think it's 163 and off to the tee.[banana]
Correction,6 meaningless games up in the win column. Tell me,when does it start to become a problem to worry about? Looking more and more like the WC game, if your gonna be honest with yourself. I know you always say it's about the truth, so lets hear some,lol.

Well at least the Mets have Cespedes this time around. No chirping as of yet, but it's usually AFTER the fact with many in this thread.Trying to flush some of them with nads out into the open,lol

ADVERTISEMENT