ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OFFICIAL - Make Fun of the Mets/Yanks Thread - 2018 Season

56595731.jpg
You're kidding, right ? German won't be starting any more games for the Yankees this season.
You guys just dumped your closer. You've got no bats...except maybe when that Rutgers guy is in the lineup. I heard all about Conforto, Rosario, Smith. Still waiting.
Your team is old and about to dump more players with some value. Your minor league system is very weak. And it's doubtful your owners are gonna be players in the free agent market...at least for the top-tier ones.
Try to stay ahead of the marlins.
Great times for a Mets-hater.

You're kidding, right ? German won't be starting any more games for the Yankees this season.
You guys just dumped your closer. You've got no bats...except maybe when that Rutgers guy is in the lineup. I heard all about Conforto, Rosario, Smith. Still waiting.
Your team is old and about to dump more players with some value. Your minor league system is very weak. And it's doubtful your owners are gonna be players in the free agent market...at least for the top-tier ones.
Lol, Just try and stay ahead of both Seattle and Oakland. My God,this thread would go bananas, if that happened. Lets see how much of your depth and minor league strength you lose overpaying to acquire talent to try and hold off Seattle and Oakland,you can forget Boston.PS. You can't have it both ways,yes the minor league system is weak, and yes they are dumping players,but that's to improve the minor league system!!! Don't just rant, think before you type,lmao.

Last edited:
Wow, where were you guys,as I can only imagine you were waiting in the weeds ready to pounce. How'd that work out yesterday? Yup, we know the records, and this season is shot for us, no doubt, but let me spare you the suspense, come October, the EPIC FAIL will happen, and maybe before the WC game even. Then you can talk about how your set for the future and you see multiple Championships down the road because all your young kids will work out and avoid injuries. HEELLLOOOO.

Last edited:
There's plenty left to the season....except for the Mets.
I don't blame you for becoming a Bosux fan.
Your right, there is plenty of season left for the Yankees to blow it, and not even make the postseason. Oakland and Seattle are on their heels and playing with house money. ALL the pressure is on the Yankees, already anointed by their fans and Vegas as the team to beat. We shall see.

Your right, there is plenty of season left for the Yankees to blow it, and not even make the postseason. Oakland and Seattle are on their heels and playing with house money. ALL the pressure is on the Yankees, already anointed by their fans and Vegas as the team to beat. We shall see.
Ya know, the Mets are so bad and their future so bleak it's not even any fun anymore to point out the obvious.
So many holes in that lineup.

More bad news for the Mets, the Great September Hope is injured:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...m-tebow-broken-hamate-bone-likely-rest-season
Hey, you got a lot to worry about buddy.One lazy dog of a backstop,a closer who is pitching on a sore knee who couldn't record an out and who's fastball topped out at 94 mph. Your #1 starter is so hot and cold, I'd hold my breath who shows up"if you even make the WC game". A pitching staff that's average at best. Much of your farm system will be raped in one week as you go panic shopping.Except for an unbelievable stretch, you've played .500 baseball for close to half the season. You've lost EIGHT games to the Bosox in 4 weeks, and have both Seattle and Oakland closing ground fast. But all is well in Yankee land since the Mets continue to suck,yea OOOOOkkk.

Oakland wins again in the 9th,they are as close to the Yankees as the Yankees are to Boston. It will get every interesting to see what 3 teams make the WC game.

I'm still trying to figure if the Yankees borrowed the doctor who said Cespedes was good to go from the Mets and used him for diagnosing Sanchez's groin.
Very good, I love that one.See, sometimes a blind squirrel does find an acorn after all.:clap:

Very good, I love that one.See, sometimes a blind squirrel does find an acorn after all.:clap:
I'm not sure how much eyesight plays into a squirrel finding an acorn.
We feed a bunch in our backyard and they seem to be much more reliant on the sense of smell.
Just saying.

Last edited:
I think this season is gonna be remembered as the best thing that has happened to the Mets in a long time. They are going to get much younger,much better in the farm system, and realize that signing 2nd tier free agents hasn't worked. They will go back to small ball and have several players at the top of the lineup that will remind Mets fans of Lenny and Wally. Philly and Atlanta, you remember them right? You called them the worst teams in all of baseball just LAST season,now look at them. The worm will turn, and I'm sitting back, watching some of the youth play out this season, and praying for the EPIC FAIL, that will surely come this October.[banana]:clap:[banana]

They are going to get much younger,much better in the farm system,
How do you figure THAT is gonna happen ?
Apparently they're not gonna trade deGrom or Syndergaard, So where do all of these improvements in the farm system come from ?
I sorta admire your optimism. But it's not at all realistic.
Either your owners need to win the MegaMillions lottery or you need new owners.

Reactions: tico brown
Either your owners need to win the MegaMillions lottery or you need new owners.
The owners would pocket their MegaMillions winnings into their pocket or put some of it towards that Islanders arena.

How soon before some idiots call sports talk radio programs demanding the Yankees get rid of Severino?

How soon before some idiots call sports talk radio programs demanding the Yankees get rid of Severino?
"LOUIE FROM HUNTS POINT... YOURE ON THE FAN...

"Yeah... I think we should get Max Schertzer for Luis Sojo and the rights to our 2042 draft pick. I'll hang up and listen."

Reactions: IMARUFAN
Holy crap, so this is the top of the rotation the Varsity feels confident in leading them deep into the post season? Really? KC the lowest scoring team in the Majors,wow,that was EPIC.[thumb2]

Why do the Mets hate Jacob deGrom ?
BTW, The Yankees are currently playing .642 ball. Do you know how many seasons in their entire glorious history the Mets have played anywhere near .642 ball ?

BTW, The Yankees are currently playing .642 ball. Do you know how many seasons in their entire glorious history the Mets have played anywhere near .642 ball ?
It's only July and your counting this as a season the Yankees finish at .642, with that top of the rotation? I've seen better spin on CNN.

Well since 1962 the Mets 1st season, the Yankees have done it 3 times. Do we really have to go back to the stone age? I know Yankee fans love to spout about stats that happened and they weren't even born yet or were way too young to even understand and enjoy the game yet .LMAO.

Well since 1962 the Mets 1st season, the Yankees have done it 3 times. Do we really have to go back to the stone age? I know Yankee fans love to spout about stats that happened and they weren't even born yet or were way too young to even understand and enjoy the game yet .LMAO.
PS. All this for 1 extra game.:pray:

Wheeler to Yankees for 3 of top 5 prospects if they want to play more than 163 this season. I know, it's not gonna happen, but they will continue to have their farm system raped by someone. Every game Boston wins,costs the Yankees a better player than they really wanted to trade. Yea, I've heard it, they have Soooo much talent on the farms that they would lose some of them anyway,lol.https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/mets-zack-wheeler-to-yankees-or-phillies-523794.html

PS. All this for 1 extra game.:pray:
Strange. The American League has just announced that, after reading your posts, they've decided to not actually play the wild card game if one of the two teams is the Yankees.
You've apparently convinced them that there's no way the Bronx Bombers could win such a game....if they don't catch the Bosux.

Wheeler to Yankees for 3 of top 5 prospects if they want to play more than 163 this season. I know, it's not gonna happen, but they will continue to have their farm system raped by someone. Every game Boston wins,costs the Yankees a better player than they really wanted to trade. Yea, I've heard it, they have Soooo much talent on the farms that they would lose some of them anyway,lol.https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/mets-zack-wheeler-to-yankees-or-phillies-523794.html

It’s gunna be hilarious when the Mets have another terrible season next year. They really can’t get out of their own way. When will they realize how talent deficient their organization is?

Reactions: rurichdog and Kbee3
OK Band of Brothers,for once, could you guys talk some smack about how your gonna dominate Boston this weekend and be tied or ahead by the 1st Monday in August? If it happens, we all know we won't be hearing about it till Sunday if the Yankees take the first 3. Front running, band jumping fans, the lot of you. TKPlus, Proud sports, you guys NEVER talk until after the fact. Talk about having a safe space,lmao.

Strange. The American League has just announced that, after reading your posts, they've decided to not actually play the wild card game if one of the two teams is the Yankees.
You've apparently convinced them that there's no way the Bronx Bombers could win such a game....if they don't catch the Bosux.
giphy.gif

It’s gunna be hilarious when the Mets have another terrible season next year. They really can’t get out of their own way. When will they realize how talent deficient their organization is?
Well, since Mets management plans on being competitive next season, I'm guessing they're gonna get out into the free agent market bigly to fill all of those holes in their lineup.
And their bullpen,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT