ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Outdoor dining

Those bathrooms are as bad as Stuff Yer Face.

And yes I heard. Wonder what changes they’l make?

Hopefully no changes to the onion soup.

I used to go to the original Rod's in West Orange which I believe they sold to build the hotel next to the Rod's in Madison. I wonder if that's still a true Rod's.

What if the residents live in the same neighborhood? Where are they supposed to park?
the question really is...is parking an extra few minutes walk away from home that much of an inconvenience that they would prefer potentially allowing some of these restaurants to close down.
Hoboken's going through the same issue. Constant complaints on Mayors social about restaurants using street for seating.

I dont know logistics but maybe JC can come to some type of agreements with parking garages to allow for some parking options...or maybe adjust no schoolzone parking since noone's in school. or people could just park further away. each restaurant only takes up maybe 2-4 spots at most i think (atleast in hoboken).

the question really is...is parking an extra few minutes walk away from home that much of an inconvenience that they would prefer potentially allowing some of these restaurants to close down.
Hoboken's going through the same issue. Constant complaints on Mayors social about restaurants using street for seating.

I dont know logistics but maybe JC can come to some type of agreements with parking garages to allow for some parking options...or maybe adjust no schoolzone parking since noone's in school. or people could just park further away. each restaurant only takes up maybe 2-4 spots at most i think (atleast in hoboken).
JC already opened the school lots. There have not been many complaints from inside JC. I think most people realize that the only way they have any of their local places left is to give up a bit of the parking.

Reactions: fischy5000
Restaurants were packed this weekend for outdoor dining. Picked up dinner in Somerville tonight and the sidewalks/streets/tables were full.

Reactions: Postman_1
Ate dinner in Spring Lake last night at Bareli’s By the Sea. Nice setting, looking out at the ocean in the Grand Victorian. a little pricey, but good food.
Also had lunch last week in North Brunswick at the Bar & Bistro (old Sir Johns), which is on Lake Farrington. Great happy hour. Drove past a couple evenings in the last week & the parking lot is packed. Real nice atmosphere.

Ate dinner in Spring Lake last night at Bareli’s By the Sea. Nice setting, looking out at the ocean in the Grand Victorian. a little pricey, but good food.
Also had lunch last week in North Brunswick at the Bar & Bistro (old Sir Johns), which is on Lake Farrington. Great happy hour. Drove past a couple evenings in the last week & the parking lot is packed. Real nice atmosphere.
I wish them luck.. that site has changed hands a few times.

Is Bareli's next to Breakers?

Restaurants were packed this weekend for outdoor dining. Picked up dinner in Somerville tonight and the sidewalks/streets/tables were full.

I was in Somerville last yesterday afternoon. There was a Grateful Dead tribute band playing in the parking lot behind Village Brewing. I stayed just for a short time, but they sounded good. Then, got empanadas to go, at Division Cafe

Last edited:
Reactions: Jm0513
My wife, a daughter and I went to
Applebee'e to use up some gift certificates, they just did not have their
Act together, the manager even apologized to us saying out door is still new to them.
But if you are in Edison, go to rt 27
There is a place called Brown Stone
That has a back yard that always
Been set up for outside dinning,
It has a bar, water fountain, tents
Beautiful landscaping, not a makeshift
Set up. As always we had really good time. We took my son, two daugters
And a grandson.

What’s gonna happen in November when it’s cold outside Nd we still haven’t found a cure for this thing? I am not gonna eat outside and freeze my ass off , we are fu$ked in many ways.

Last edited:
What’s gonna happen in November when it’s cold outside Nd we still haven’t found a cure for this thing? I am not gonna eat outside and freeze my ass off , We are fu$ked in many ways.

Since the poster above you mentioned Applebees, the Tinton Falls location has a large fire pit and an outdoor bar with heat for colder days although right now it's table service only. I understand they've been very busy since they reopened.

My wife, a daughter and I went to
Applebee'e to use up some gift certificates, they just did not have their
Act together, the manager even apologized to us saying out door is still new to them.
But if you are in Edison, go to rt 27
There is a place called Brown Stone
That has a back yard that always
Been set up for outside dinning,
It has a bar, water fountain, tents
Beautiful landscaping, not a makeshift
Set up. As always we had really good time. We took my son, two daugters
And a grandson.

isn’t the Brownstone in Metuchen ? Used to be a jazz joint if IIRC.

Murphy's magic 8 ball gave him a new answer. Just wait until they meet again, the answer will likely keep changing.

It's only magic to you, the resident Marketing Chick. Maybe Art History wasn't the best major for you, if you really want to participate in this discussion.

In reality, it's simple science. NJ's Rt has increased from .70 to .86, which indicates an increased level of community spread. It makes perfect sense to get that back under control, especially since every other state that has reopened indoor dining has seen a subsequent spike.

It's only magic to you, the resident Marketing Chick. Maybe Art History wasn't the best major for you, if you really want to participate in this discussion.

In reality, it's simple science. NJ's Rt has increased from .70 to .86, which indicates an increased level of community spread. It makes perfect sense to get that back under control, especially since every other state that has reopened indoor dining has seen a subsequent spike.
Dononvan's Reef in Sea Bright this weekend. Some people need to get a clue:

GXD76CXYTJD6XELUTTYEMIAQ3M.jpg

Dononvan's Reef in Sea Bright this weekend. Some people need to get a clue:

GXD76CXYTJD6XELUTTYEMIAQ3M.jpg
I know Djais guido hut got a stern warning from the current Mayor. One more time and I'll shut you down for the entire summer. Some of the officers assigned also got reprimanded. Wonder if Sea Bright will give the same stern warning.

Reactions: MoobyCow
isn’t the Brownstone in Metuchen ? Used to be a jazz joint if IIRC.

Close -- Brownstone is technically in Metuchen but its the old Knox Tavern. You are thinking of the Cornerstone, which was a jazz place, but it went away years ago and became Novita. (Note: Novita closed its door and reopened as Woodstack and Lotsa Balls moved into the old Novita space.)

Donovan's is amazing and from above picture not the crowd that normally goes.

Donovan's also technically has huge capacity because they own the beach to the ocean so they might have been following capacity but everyone is crowded at the bar in that pic. They need to be more responsible though in what they're doing.

Donovan's is amazing and from above picture not the crowd that normally goes.

Donovan's also technically has huge capacity because they own the beach to the ocean so they might have been following capacity but everyone is crowded at the bar in that pic. They need to be more responsible though in what they're doing.
Not sure about that.

I know during the day, specifically Sunday might be different, but that pic looks like the crowds I’ve known since the 80’s. Fashion changes, faces don’t.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Not sure about that.

I know during the day, specifically Sunday might be different, but that pic looks like the crowds I’ve known since the 80’s. Fashion changes, faces don’t.

Never knew Donovans at night being a hot spot for the younger crowd.

I know Djais guido hut got a stern warning from the current Mayor. One more time and I'll shut you down for the entire summer. Some of the officers assigned also got reprimanded. Wonder if Sea Bright will give the same stern warning.

I loved D'Jais back in the day. Half my shore house bartended or were promoters there. The guidettes there were smoking.

Never knew Donovans at night being a hot spot for the younger crowd.
I was one of those and got older but the others didn’t. LOL
I found Donovan's by accident one summer. Forgot my ID back in Belmar, friends went to some place up the road, I said you guys go I'll just walk the sea wall. Thought it was a house party and said, "what the hell" and walked in off the sea wall to find out I was in a bar. Luckily for me someone was not at his post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT