ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Spent some time in North Carolina...😳

Jerseylegends

Junior
Mar 15, 2023
I haven't been in the south and amongst the community since I was a kid. And I don't remember everyone being this big. Holy sh*t I feel like someone should look into opening gyms across the south but doesn't look like theyre into fitness like we are in NJ. But irregardless every other person down there looked like an offensive lineman or like they used to be an offensive lineman. It all makes sense why the SEC lines are so dominant. If this is North Carolina I can only imagine what they're looking like in Alabama or Mississippi these days. Have to start feeding these kids up north some grits lol and more beef .

There a B1G bodies in many states. You should go to Texas, Florida, Louisiana , California. Spent a short vacation week in South Carolina in April ( Myrtle Beach) plenty of large people but you have to base it somewhat on groups / population of people living in SEC states as an example. Many are wasaay over weight. You want B1G body players take a trip to Hawaii who based upon population size have some large , athletic people. Genetics play a great part in body , strength and overall size.

Reactions: Jerseylegends
Irregardless
I haven't been in the south and amongst the community since I was a kid. And I don't remember everyone being this big. Holy sh*t I feel like someone should look into opening gyms across the south but doesn't look like theyre into fitness like we are in NJ. But irregardless every other person down there looked like an offensive lineman or like they used to be an offensive lineman. It all makes sense why the SEC lines are so dominant. If this is North Carolina I can only imagine what they're looking like in Alabama or Mississippi these days. Have to start feeding these kids up north some grits lol and more beef .
When in Raleigh...

https://www.irregardless.com/

5’10” 260 isn’t dominant Olineman. It’s just fat.

• Haha
Reactions: Jerseylegends
5’10” 260 isn’t dominant Olineman. It’s just fat.
I was seeing multiple people over 6'3" but big. Not even fat although there were a few as you described but I was seeing multiple"big country" types...built like Nikola Jokic or Kendrick Perkins lol sounded like him too...

This may be one of the strangest threads I have seen on here. Either way, we’re already recruiting down there and not getting the fat guys.

This may be one of the strangest threads I have seen on here. Either way, we’re already recruiting down there and not getting the fat guys.
Apologies, football is what came to my mind while in that environment. Lol just an observation, I was really hoping someone would reply with the science behind the diet in the southern part of the United states and how it may lead to bigger individuals...

I was down in NC in the spring of 2023 to help make home repairs in a poor area about an hour and a half inland from the Outer Banks. Our choices for meals were all you can eat buffets and fast food places. The all you can eat places were actually cheaper than McDonalds. I didn't see many 6'3" people but I saw many, many overweight people.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I was down in NC in the spring of 2023 to help make home repairs in a poor area about an hour and a half inland from the Outer Banks. Our choices for meals were all you can eat buffets and fast food places. The all you can eat places were actually cheaper than McDonalds. I didn't see many 6'3" people but I saw many, many overweight people.
Well, that helps explain it.

Reactions: RUBOB72
Lived there for 2 1/2 years: Hush puppies. Fried okra. Fish fries (fish is meant to be grilled or broiled, not fried!). Boiled peanut stands.
Hush puppies are food of the gods.

Reactions: Scarlet4Shore
Lived there for 2 1/2 years: Hush puppies. Fried okra. Fish fries (fish is meant to be grilled or broiled, not fried!). Boiled peanut stands.
Hush puppies are food of the gods.
I had me some hush puppies, and I did go back several times they were so good. Hush puppies, fried chicken, mac and cheese. That was lunch. No one in the group ate until breakfast the next morning!

Reactions: Knight Shift
Go walk around Atlanta lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT