ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The New Ivies

University of Florida is #1 for total Jewish Students.
Check out #2..

#’s 1 and 14 have already shut down the protests on their respective campuses

#24 did the same, albeit via different methods

Their way of handling things is very simple

Follow the rules, or else (a certain organization run by Italians had the exact same motto and… voila! People generally didn’t get out of line, and when they did, they got dealt with accordingly)

Actions have consequences - and when those consequences are actually enforced, those actions generally tend to cease rather quickly

Reactions: ashokan
What about engaging in chants (which requires more than 1% of the group) calling for the elimination of Israel? That's calling for violence but since no direct tax dollars at play it's ok?
Of course that’s ok
Completely normal

Who hasn’t wanted to see the complete destruction of a group of people and their respective nation before?

Nothing wrong with openly wanting to eliminate an entire race of people - everybody does it

I mean, it’s not like a certain dictator in Europe didn’t try this to the exact same group of people almost 90 years ago, right?

Reactions: RU Cheese
Michael Lewis - author of "Flash Boys" and a Princeton grad, has said with regard to Ivy grads on Wall St that "never have so many smart people gone to a place to be so dumb."

If you have observed the damage done by the business class since 2000 its hard to think of these people as having common sense. They are good at vocabulary and calculator tricks etc. but have no sense of public and national good. They scheme how to make money selling air (carbon credit scams etc) and to financialize everything. Many other professions are right behind them if not out front.

A lot of the students are let in on legacy capes (Bush and Kerry smart?). Then there were all the affirmative action legions who would are more appealing if they are edgy and speak in "justice" jargon. A former black militant like Justice Thomas might be able to appear as a guest and an Ivy but probably not admit him (and an assassin might wait outside like with Kavanaugh).

Don't get me wrong - my grad advisor went to Smith and Yale and finished career at Penn. She was smart about everything and the best prof I had. She was just from a time when Ivies were still grounded in Ivy founder's culture and traditions (not captured buy the Alinskyites yet).

I don't think Oxbridge is much better but if I could go to any uni today it would be Edinburgh. In UK the students are more supportive and collegial with each other and not like the cutthroat egomaniacs at the contemporary Ivy hives. I do profile them uncharitably for better or worse

Last edited:
Michael Lewis - author of "Flash Boys" and a Princeton grad, has said with regard to Ivy grads on Wall St that "never have so many smart people gone to a place to be so dumb."

If you have observed the damage done by the business class since 2000 its hard to think of these people as having common sense. They are good at vocabulary and calculator tricks etc. but have no sense of public and national good. They scheme how to make money selling air (carbon credit scams etc) and to financialize everything. Many other professions are right behind them if not out front.

A lot of the students are let in on legacy capes. Bush and Kerry smart? Then there were all the affirmative action legions who would are more appealing if they are edgy and speak in "justice" jargon. A former black militant like Justice Thomas might be able to appear as a guest and an Ivy but probably not admit him (and an assassin might wait outside like with Kavanaugh).

Don't get me wrong - my grad advisor went to Smith and Yale and finished career at Penn. She was smart about everything and the best prof I had. She was just from a time when Ivies were still grounded in Ivy founder's culture and traditions (not captured buy the Alinskyites yet).

I don't think Oxbridge is much better but if I could go to any uni today it would be Edinburgh. In UK the students are more supportive and collegial with each other and not like the cutthroat egomaniacs at the contemporary Ivy hives. I do profile them uncharitably for better or worse
We always stress to our daughter to aspire for an ivy league school, but after seeing all this nonsense, we are definitely thinking twice about that (preemptively assuming she would ever be fortunate enough to get waitlisted, let alone get in)

We always stress to our daughter to aspire for an ivy league school, but after seeing all this nonsense, we are definitely thinking twice about that (preemptively assuming she would ever be fortunate enough to get waitlisted, let alone get in)
Smart and hard working kids will do well no matter where they go. Same applies to private vs public high schools

Stay away from these ivy schools. You don’t want your children exposed to that at all.

How come they aren’t protesting the war in Ukraine? Surely innocent Russians are being killed with out tax dollars.
Even more illustrative is the lack of protesting over genocide in China against the Uyghurs.

Reactions: vkj91
I have to see what was happening that warrant this. Peaceful protest is what makes the country so special
Valid point, but for people that are allegedly so passionate about a cause, they sure as shit fled quickly with a little bit of tear gas and smoke

Reactions: newell138
Yes, they acted like college kids. Not professional protestors
They acted like people who were not that passionate about an issue that’s begining to divide our country

Which is not completely unexpected; yet, pursuant to my previous statement, Those actions are not tolerabled in Florida and Texas

Things are allegedly starting to get pretty gnarly up at Columbia as well; hopefully they’ll take a queue from USF

What about engaging in chants (which requires more than 1% of the group) calling for the elimination of Israel? That's calling for violence but since no direct tax dollars at play it's ok?
these people will do everything they can to downplay and explain away all this mess in the country by saying they are righteous brave students..yeah give me a ****ing break.

the lack of a definitive statement from our leader is speaking volumes

Maybe I am mistaken about Binghamton, but SUNY Buffalo has a law school, and a med school, while Binghamton does not. US News has them ranked similarly, with Binghamton at 73 and Buffalo at 76. I don't like the US News ranking system, as it is subject to gaming, but that argument could be made for other ranking systems. I would be curious as to which school has more federal research money.
SUNY Binghamton has been a very well-respected school going back to my high school days in NY over fifty years ago. It used to be known as Harpur College when it was private, and people were still using that term then..

Reactions: Knight Shift

"Forbes surveyed nearly 300 subscribers to its Future of Work newsletter, with three-fourths of respondents holding direct hiring authority. Among those in charge of employment decisions, 33% said they are less likely to hire Ivy League graduates than they were five years ago, with only 7% saying they were more likely to hire them.

“The bloom has been off the Ivies,” says Fred Prager, a senior managing director at Hilltop Securities and a trustee at California’s Claremont McKenna College whose investment firm specializes in higher education. “What has occurred more recently, with the pandemic and with all this nonsense going on, post October 7th, and all the rest has just been a bit of an accelerant.”..

Perhaps this is an indictment of all of higher education? Absolutely not. Forbes also surveyed the hirers about public university graduates and the grads of good non-Ivy private colleges, and the numbers are almost precisely the opposite of the Ivy results, with 42% saying they are more likely to hire public university grads and 37% saying they are more likely to hire grads of non-Ivy League private colleges than five years ago. Only about 5% say they are less likely to hire from either group."

I feel the college protesters will be viewed favorably and on the right side of things as time goes on. Most of the students are very courageous. Obviously there may be a few bad apples.
Huh?

“ On the right side of things “?

How does “ Kill all Jews “ /“ I am Hamas “ / “ From the River to the Sea” signify on the “ Right side of Things” ?

These “protests” have become full scale anti Jewish protests.

Huh?

“ On the right side of things “?

How does “ Kill all Jews “ /“ I am Hamas “ / “ From the River to the Sea” signify on the “ Right side of Things” ?

These “protests” have become full scale anti Jewish protests.
“Have become”. That’s how they started. Just wasn’t as big a deal so main stream media could make believe it wasn’t the case Now they can’t hide it anymore

Reactions: bac2therac
Watching the videos at Columbia and ucla these are rioters they are no longer protestors . Let’s stop calling them protestors.
Its a multi-faceted revolution and its coordinated and timed. Europe is going to pop-off too because US is understood to be on the bad side. Im waiting on NYSE, Goldman et al to make good on threats to move to Dallas and Miami. The barbarians are inside the gates and leadership helps them.

Reactions: bac2therac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT