ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The New Ivies

Yes, I think some of them do

Anti-Semitism is rapid throughout the nation, and especially on these Ivy League campuses

The blame is widespread.

Colleges have a lot to do with it with the indoctrination they’re doing a students, and obviously parents not raising them right as well as social media, etc. have a lot to do with it.

Again, I ask if they are against what is being portrayed of them in the media, why are they not actively speaking out against it?

Why are they not denouncing what’s going on if they do not support that stance?
My son is only one person at one of the 8 schools, pretty poor sample size. He would laugh at your characterization of "ivy league campuses"

Reactions: NotInRHouse
To me the argument is what is acceptable of a response from Israel. It isn't simple.

What do you think the US response would be if 40,000 innocent people were brutally murdered on our own soil? Thats about the same % of the population killed in Israel that day. Do you think we wouldn't unleash hell on the country who did it?

Reactions: bac2therac
And for those who were acting peaceful and doing so in a responsible, mature way, that is well within their right whether or not any of us agree with their principles or motives

It’s when laws are being broken and common decency is being violated, which, in this case, both are happening widespread, that the issue becomes glaring
It appears the laws weren't broken by Columbia students....if so like only a few.

which is exactly what I believe the intentions of the "average college protesters". They see something they think isn't right and taking a risk and doing something about it. The same as those students that protested the Vietnam war.

How does protesting equal preventing Jewish students from going to class and terrorizing them on campus?

What do you think the US response would be if 40,000 innocent people were brutally murdered on our own soil? Thats about the same % of the population killed in Israel that day. Do you think we wouldn't unleash hell on the country who did it?
It wouldn't make our response the right one and I am sure it would be met with protest. There would be peaceful protesters probably ruined by bad actors.

It is also possible our response would be motivated by politics and it is possible we could unleash hell on the wrong people based on incorrect intelligence.

Reactions: Morrischiano
Not to mention that Hamas is using their own civilians as human shields and the hospitals that are being invaded by Israeli troops are also cover for Hamas bases and likely where they keep the victims.

Aren't most of the ugly protests happening at the campuses near cities? Plenty of bad seeds near NYC just based on the population. Don't think there are many "bad actors" in hanover, NH

My son is only one person at one of the 8 schools, pretty poor sample size. He would laugh at your characterization of "ivy league campuses"
It’s not a laughing matter

Ivy League campuses have gotten increasingly anti semantic and toxic over the past few years

That’s not even remotely debateable

Would we bomb cities indiscriminately and kill 6.6 million civilians ( the US equivalent of % of the civilian deaths in Gaza).

Aren't most of the ugly protests happening at the campuses near cities? Plenty of bad seeds near NYC just based on the population. Don't think there are many "bad actors" in hanover, NH
Live free or die is also the motto of NH

I’d venture to say, if those bad actors tried that kind of stuff in the granite state, there would be a different outcome than what is currently happening in New York, California and Illinois

Maybe Eric Adams, Gavin Newsome and Chicagos will take a queue out of Ron DeSantis and Greg Abbott’s book

Start with a tear gas and rubber bullets, arrest people who are breaking the law and do not release them within 24 hours, while protecting the students who attend the universities and act enforcing laws

Chances are they won’t, as they haven’t done so so far, and their policies and procedures for allowing lunatics and bad actors to rule the day, at the expense of good people and law, abiding citizens and students alike, seems to be their bread and butter

Ill bet 99+% are not pro Hamas
You would lose that bet. Do you think 99% don't know what "from the river to the sea" means? There are some. of course, that have no idea of the history.

How do you make peace with an enemy whose charter and leaders call for your total destruction? The Palestinians were offered a two state solution many times but Hamas rejects anything less than removal of the State of Israel. If Israel does not finish the job it has only delayed the next attack.
How long will these "Palestinians" be called refugees?
Are the Native Americans refugees?

You would lose that bet. Do you think 99% don't know what "from the river to the sea" means? There are some. of course, that have no idea of the history.

How do you make peace with an enemy whose charter and leaders call for your total destruction? The Palestinians were offered a two state solution many times but Hamas rejects anything less than removal of the State of Israel. If Israel does not finish the job it has only delayed the next attack.
How long will these "Palestinians" be called refugees?
Are the Native Americans refugees?
“How do you make peace with an enemy whose charter and leaders call for your total destruction?”

You don’t. You take them out, once and for all, and eliminate them, so they will never threaten your homeland and people ever again.

Unfortunately, while doing so, he will certainly incur the wrath of many people and nations alike, and undoubtedly kill innocent people

However, if it is your future existence and your nations and peoples future existence on this earth, which is at stake, you will do what you need to do to ensure the longevity and safety of them, feelings and consequences be damned

It’s not a laughing matter

Ivy League campuses have gotten increasingly anti semantic and toxic over the past few years

That’s not even remotely debateable
Semantics are important at Ivy League schools.

And how much time have you spent in Ivy League campuses, anyway? I’d guess not much, given your spelling.

I’d say the political right has become increasingly anti semitic; given its embrace of white nationalism/supremacy. That’s not even remotely debatable.

probably if the actors were using schools and hospitals as military sites
No, we would do what we did in urban warfare in Iraq. We went door to door in cities to kill insurgents. Israel didn’t want to risk their soldiers. Instead they just shelled civilians in one of the most densely populated areas of the world.

Reactions: Kbee3
Semantics are important at Ivy League schools.

And how much time have you spent in Ivy League campuses, anyway? I’d guess not much, given your spelling.

I’d say the political right has become increasingly anti semitic; given its embrace of white nationalism/supremacy. That’s not even remotely debatable.
Ahhh The old spelling on a message board insults, with my username I really don’t give two ****s about the spelling and couldn’t care less about your thoughts on my intelligence level

Frankly, I’m more concerned with football and funding NIL so we’re actually competitive

Maybe if you diverted some of those checks to Delby and cared enough about football success vis a vis your posting ratio on a message board, we would have more success

Even more illustrative is the lack of protesting over genocide in China against the Uyghurs.
Bad analogy. Is the US sending military aid to China? I must have missed that. Over 14,000 children killed in Gaza - many by bombs funded by US. Hamas is heinous terrorist group that killed 1/10 of that number on October 7th. Israel needs to be better . A very large number of Israeli Jews agree.

Im not going to remotely entertain your drivel, as I’ve already acknowledged what happened in Charlottesville and the capital was horrific, but please don’t even try compare your side to the other.

It’s insulting to anyone with half a ****ing brain

Well that is sure true

My side doesn't chant "Jew will not replace us" and call it "very fine people"

My side doesn't beat the police because it lost a landslide election.

We leave that to the America haters on the other.

I definitely agree, except to say those who think Jan 6 terrorists are hostages, and who would vote for someone saying so, have no brain. Surely you'd agree?

Bad analogy. Is the US sending military aid to China? I must have missed that. Over 14,000 children killed in Gaza - many by bombs funded by US. Hamas is heinous terrorist group that killed 1/10 of that number on October 7th. Israel needs to be better . A very large number of Israeli Jews agree.
That’s a valid point

I think in most cases, people have valid points on both end of the spectrum, but are so steadfast in their ways that they refuse to listen to the other side, when in reality if they did, a lot more positive things can get accomplished

Reactions: RUMED
Well that is sure true

My side doesn't chant "Jew will not replace us" and call it "very fine people"

My side doesn't beat the police because it lost a landslide election.

We leave that to the America haters on the other.

I definitely agree, except to say those who think Jan 6 terrorists are hostages, and who would vote for someone saying so, have no brain. Surely you'd agree?
Again, I have denounced what happened in Charlottesville and on January 6.

Both were reprehensible and disgusting, and regardless of my political views, and who I vote for, I do not support either one of those instances.

I’ve voted based on policy, not feelings. I also vote based on what I believe is best for our present and future, not on who I like to be friends with or hang out with the drink beer.

That doesn’t make me right or wrong, it’s merely how I view things

Last edited:
So if Russian soldiers started hiding in children’s hospitals or under schools Ukraine would just stop? How many innocent people did we kill in the Middle East? Where were the protests? How come nobody was upset when Biden droned a family for cheap headlines? Finally, I’f that was really the driving issue why don’t we see signs that simple say. End the war. Save innocent life? Wouldn’t that make a better point?

LOL

Yeah no one at any college protested Vietnam or Iraq right?

Ukraine targets Russian infrastructure which Israel can do too. It elects not to do so.

Which family did Biden drone? Did you do what Rapin Don did and confuse him with President Obama who used a drone to kill Anwar Al-Awlaki, an American citizen and terrorist? You had 4 years to charge him with that, likely everything else, you failed at that. At least you got a wall Mexico paid for and Hillary locked up though. Oh right.

Funny as hell coming from you.

Well didn't he get right the big red wave and Durham locking everyone up?

No wait he got Uranium One though

Wait he got the whole Stormy thing would get no charges

Hold on no he did Wacko Jacko becoming governor

No no no but he did get he's never being impeached

No hold on. He got right Sidney Powell

No he got Rudy though

Oh

If one is its wrong..if Jewish students feel unsafe...if classes are cancelled..if graduations are cancelled its wrong

I can tell you need better nees sources

Remember how angry you were when chants broke out on a college campus of "Jew will not replace us"

Oh right

You said there were very fine people on both sides.

Weird, what could be different?

If they weren't Columbia students why was a Columbia professor demanding they were brought food since they "had meal plans". let me guess, you didn't see that either
Make sure you get facts straight. Did the Columbia professor demand food be brought to peaceful college protesters or non peaceful not Columbia student protesters.

Wrong ! And ethically and morally - all of these “protesters” and yourself are on the wrong side of history.

You also do realize that these “protesters” are yelling for “ ceasefire now” and yet its their team - Hamas - that constantly declines the ceasefire negotiations by not releasing the hostages.

It’s a simple equation - Hamas Frees the Hostages and hostilities end - yet your “ right side of thing protesters” refuse and or are too dumb to understand this.

I never could imagine a country gets 1,400 of its innocent civilians butchered by savage terrorists which started this war and empathy on college campuses and with many others is with the savages.

Talk about misguided people and a world upside down !

Imagine a country

- Where those people chanting "Jew will not replace us" are called "very fine people"

- Where terrorists who beat the police are labeled "hostages", including ones waving a Confederate flag and another with a "Camp Auschwitz" sweatshirt

Now, you wouldn't know of such a country where a "leader" of one party says those things and millions of sheep bleat them while calling others anti-Semitic, now would you?

And smashing windows and vandalizing buildings.

Ah. So people who "smash windows and vandalize buildings" prevent students from going to class

Now do prevent an election from certification.

So....it's wrong to say the protesters are "hostages" right?

Reactions: Morrischiano
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT