ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UEFA Champions League 2022

Game delayed. Trouble outside the stadium not all fans can get inside yet.

Madrid playing a much lower line. Lots of players behind the ball.

Liverpool on the front foot now. But they can be caught on the counter if not careful

I hope the Liverpool fans are all gone soon. I'm arriving in Paris on Tuesday.
Was just in Europe, visiting family in England for part of the time. I'm not really a soccer fan but watch here and there and was rooting for Real Madrid in this game. I have family who are Chelsea, Man U, Man City fans and they're united in one thing, none of them like or root for Liverpool. I was like why? Their fans was the answer. Not sure if the Liverpool fans here are different breed than the ones there.

I was rooting for Liverpool because I thought Real fans are worse, Dallas Cowboys quality worse. Both are equal after yesterday.

TAA gets a ton of credit (deservedly) for his crosses, but once again exposed defensively. Fell asleep on the RM goal.
Love Trent’s game but he was the late man getting back last Sun against Wolves that led to a goal as well which put them down 1-0. Didn't matter in the end, but imagine if City lost and Liverpool wasn't able to come back?

Last edited:
Reactions: HPNJRUfan
Was just in Europe, visiting family in England for part of the time. I'm not really a soccer fan but watch here and there and was rooting for Real Madrid in this game. I have family who are Chelsea, Man U, Man City fans and they're united in one thing, none of them like or root for Liverpool. I was like why? Their fans was the answer. Not sure if the Liverpool fans here are different breed than the ones there.
Liverpool fans are not the worst. They are crazy though. Manchester and Liverpool are rivals as cities in the northwest. Think NY-Philly. Chelsea fans, historically, are terrible. West Ham. Millwall. Leeds. If you want to read about hooligans in English footy, those are the names that come to the top of the list. Manchester United has a lot of "fans", similar to the Yankees and Dallas Cowboys... but they are fair weather fans. United's biggest rival is Liverpool.

• Love
Reactions: HPNJRUfan
Liverpool fans are not the worst. They are crazy though. Manchester and Liverpool are rivals as cities in the northwest. Think NY-Philly. Chelsea fans, historically, are terrible. West Ham. Millwall. Leeds. If you want to read about hooligans in English footy, those are the names that come to the top of the list. Manchester United has a lot of "fans", similar to the Yankees and Dallas Cowboys... but they are fair weather fans. United's biggest rival is Liverpool.
Don't know but they live there so I'll take their word for it. None of my family are fanatical but they're good fans and some are really into their soccer. Some of my cousin's sons watch and even go to the women's club games and juniors for the men's teams. I was surprised by that, would've thought only interest in the Premiere League. They took me to the ManU vs Nottingham Forest juniors champ game at Old Trafford. First soccer game I've ever been into in person (I'm not usually into live sports either)....very fun atmosphere (no hooliganism that I noticed, although I think one person did run on the field) and I liked that more than the game lol. I was shocked they got around 65000+ for a juniors game on a weeknight. Point being my family like their soccer but they're not over the top with it so don't know that they would say that about Liverpool fans over there without some truth in it.

Mind you saying this, an acquaintance of my family who I know somewhat is a Liverpool fan and he's a very nice guy. I'd have a hard time picturing him being over the top crazy but I also don't know him that well lol.

Absolutely magnificent scenes out of Liverpool this afternoon... Such an atmosphere for the parade, you'd think we won the quad! What a season and what a way to end it, makes me that much more excited for next year...

Supporters of other teams will never match our passion - something every Rutgers fan should feel on some level.

Proud descendent of a Scouser from Gateacre.

ADVERTISEMENT