ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Update Bob Huggins to Receive $1M Salary Reduction and Sensitivity Training

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the penalty would have been less severe if he only said "fag" once rather than 2x.
That's a 1 million dollar question
Excited Joy GIF by Kiszkiloszki

Lol if you really think he's losing 1m in salary
They rewrote his contract. He took a million dollar pay cut, suspended for 3 games. Contract is year to year that ends on April 30 2024 and if another instance occurs will result in immediate termination. He took a pay cut to keep his job

Thanks for the context. Couldn’t figure out what he was talking about. If anything, he gets dinged somehow for going after a religious group. But I don’t see him getting cancelled unless WVU is looking for an excuse to do so.
It will probably be for a group, but not that one.

No matter how it’s reported.

I just don't think nowadays you can call a group of people that and get away with it. I am Catholic and could care less about the religious part, but the homophobic part is not a good look. My wife and I have a gay friend who constantly uses the word, Huggy used, to describe other gays....but most people in that category are unlike him and are highly offended by the terminology. Also, let's be honest, West Virginia alumni are not going to be offended....because it is West Virginia lol. An apology and a fine may suffice, but we'll see.
Is that like black people using the other one?
Got it. And I still don't care about Huggins and I shouldn't have commented. I will refrain from doing so in the future. Interesting to see so many long-time posters weighing in on this topic today.
I see what you did there, but guessing “they” did not. LOL

I think you're confusing the "magnitude" with your access to said criticism/reaction. He made some pretty indefensible comments. People are responding in kind. Accountability, these days, is just played out in the public eye due to social media, etc.

You're making a "kids these days!" argument.
People and accountability for some… not for others in some states and the current Administration and Executive levels.

No … Catholics , those who actually practice their faith and most other Christian groups , have been told for hundreds of years that people will persecute , mock and ridicule their trust in God and especially Jesus Christ. Huggins has always been a phony who sold people a story about his faith . We see certain groups want to be treated without hate but it’s ok with those same groups to spew vile words and actions against those who hold religion as something special in their lives.

Trashing Catholics no big deal in the world of today.

Bob Huggins will be the HBC at WVU this season.
Agree… not saying Huggins isn’t stupid and wrong but the same groups and individuals who are outraged by words against them are ok with Christian and Catholic bashing for a number of years now. Some bashing is well deserved but most of those “ religious ” are only worshipping God and Jesus Christ
. Most follow the teachings of Love of Each Other . Now best part… NOBODY forces anything down someone’s throat to Believe and Follow Christianity. So easy to blame Christians and Jews in the current world we exist while attempting to force someone’s personal opinions and lifestyles on them. They do basically the same as Huggins did in this recorded interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT