ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Walking Dead

This would piss everyone off but there have been whispers that the "meeting Lucille" scene will be shot from the receiver's POV and you don't see who was picked. Just Negan going "you" and swinging and there's screaming and you see the POV go to black after a couple swings. Setting up a cliffhanger for October as to who it was. Again this is just rumors.
It sux that they are all about the same height (except Abraham). Otherwise we could calculate the height of the victim's head based on the angle of Negan's upper and lower arms (elbow angle), and the approximate cant of his wrists, and the length of the bat. Wonder if it has nails in it.

I still love THE WALKING DEAD,,,,,,they need reasons to get out of Alexandria and Carol leaving is a good vehicle for another adventure,,,,,,,,we will see her again

We all put ourselves into this show...and were it me i would be in large trucks with armed guards scouring the country for walmarts and going scavenger crazy.......................food is power.......and canned good are king...hey....might just be me......but I would eat well....

Video taken down by AMC.

My brother made a nail baseball bat for me for my high school graduation. 29" Lousiville Slugger with about 30 or 40 10d sinkers nailed into it, and the heads clipped off with bolt cutters.

Never used it. Would have made a great first swing, but probably would have been a beotch to get loose for a follow up whack.

My wife threw it out shortly after we were married.

Video taken down by AMC.

My brother made a nail baseball bat for me for my high school graduation. 29" Lousiville Slugger with about 30 or 40 10d sinkers nailed into it, and the heads clipped off with bolt cutters.

Never used it. Would have made a great first swing, but probably would have been a beotch to get loose for a follow up whack.

My wife threw it out shortly after we were married.

There's no real point to the nails. They just get caught on shit. If you want a bludgeoning tool, then use a bludgeoning tool. If you want to cut, use a blade.

Cast member trivia.

Actors Lauren Cohan (Maggie) and Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Negan) portray Martha and Thomas Wayne, the parents of Bruce Wayne (Batman) in the new film Batman v Superman.

Another great episode..... Looks like there are a few people in trouble, with Daryl getting shot and all....

Was a transition episode to me but understand why. I just don't like when people get caught and talk their way out of it. Haven't people learned from the Batman TV show or James Bond- "just kill em"!

color me a bit skeptical, after the end of last season, but did Daryl really get shot?
appears as though that the saviors knew about alexandria, if nothing else from carol bailing
btw, Morgan has become very, very annoying...nice way to spin his clusterf**k of keeping a wolf and trying to play dr phil with him...

also interesting how now everyone is with a group and unwilling to combine or consider coexisting...maybe that reflects that time has lapsed...

daryl better not be hershel'ed

Pretty sure Daryl got shot, but was also being told something like "don't worry, you'll be ok"?

Carol is still out there, along with Morgan - guessing Carol eventually shows up? Not sure how much Morgan and his stick can do....

Wow. Instead of an all out bloodbath for 90 minutes they went purely psychological for the first 75 minutes. Interesting twist in storytelling.

Make that a full hour and a half with just one unknown death at the end. Very good episode until Negan, honestly. Cut that last scene in half and it would have been great, even without all the action I was expecting.

oh please so I tune in just to see someone get whacked and they make us wait until next year...once again f'ing with the viewers. This guy Kirkland and the rest of the writers think too highly of themselves at this point

Reactions: RUScrew85
Waste of time.

I thought it was a good episode. Not a blockbuster, but good. We're at the point in the life cycle of the show where I've adjusted my expectations. I mean, how much more can they do? I never read the comics, so I'm wondering where all this is going. I figure they can only milk the zombie apocalypse so much.

I thought this season was great but didn't really like the episode tonight all that much. Oh well. I will still come back for season 7.

oh please so I tune in just to see someone get whacked and they make us wait until next year...once again f'ing with the viewers. This guy Kirkland and the rest of the writers think too highly of themselves at this point

Don't blame Robert Kirkman, he is the creator and writer of the comic book, not the TV series. Kirkman guest wrote only seven total TV episodes throughout the history of the series as follows:

Blame showrunner Scott Gimple.

I have a new nickname for Gimple: "Bloody Camera".....

.....I wonder how the heck did Scott Gimple and Greg Nicotero and Denise Huth all sign off on the blood spatter camera lens idea for two consecutive episodes? Did all three of them really think that was a good idea? Really, ending two consecutive episodes with the same gimmick? Sheesh!

GO BLUE!

Aside from who bought the farm at the end of this season, I'm wondering about a couple things:

1. Who are the new dudes who crossed paths with Morgan and Carol? Do they have a large, well armed group who'll come to the rescue of Rick and company?

2. Will Eugene's recipe for making bullets fall into the wrong hands?

No payoff. The mind games stuff was good though.
way way way too long of an episode.

when you ratchet up tension, there is a sweet spot for delivering the payoff... they played that out way way way too long. So many times this season things have seemed forced rather than natural. This finale was yet another example.

My guess is Abraham got pounded. "Took it like a man" or whatever Negan said.. that fits Abraham and he had that moment where he said he wanted what Maggie and Glenn have. He changed, he softened.. now he's dead.. maybe.

Looks like Negan has some "taxation without representation" going on. Could be time for a revolution. Carol + Morgan + their new friends.. and all the places that Negan is "taxing".. rise up!

As said on Talking Dead, this episode brought down Rick Grimes. He was totally shaken, lost control for the first time.

Less about who gets killed. Good episode.

And this isn't a series finally, it was a season finale.

it seems like "Daryl" is getting his own reality show involving his love of motorcycles.....there was a brief commercial in reference to this during the show..... it that show gets legs, possibly it could be a reason for his character to die, or leave the group....leaving giving him the chance to come back if the new show fails..... it could very well be that he is going to continue in both shows.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/10/29/norman-reedus-show-amc-reality-series-the-walking-dead-spin-off/

This would piss everyone off but there have been whispers that the "meeting Lucille" scene will be shot from the receiver's POV and you don't see who was picked. Just Negan going "you" and swinging and there's screaming and you see the POV go to black after a couple swings. Setting up a cliffhanger for October as to who it was. Again this is just rumors.
---------
good call

Reactions: RU1977
one thing that would piss me off to no end is if next season starts not at the moment Lucille met skull but sometime in the future, I hate when shows jump in time like that rather than deal in what just happened. To me its a cop out

Think it is Abraham ... The person got back up on his knees into the same position to get a few more whacks. Wife thinks Carl. The taking it like a champ comment seems to rule out the women.

The guys on Horseback and armor are from The Kingdom another group, who we will learn about next season. They use swords and spears and keep wild animals as pets.

The cliffhanger ending was leaked months ago on-line. So it wasn't a real guess or anything you guys.

That whole scene played out nearly word for word as in the comics.

If you pay close attention you can figure out who was killed unless they are trying to fake us out again. All clues point to Glenn and no one else.

Question; And, sorry if this has been asked/answered, but is Dean Morgan(Negan) the same guy who was on the Dr. Phil show with alcohol and drug problems, constantly getting arrested, beating up girlfriend, as well as no one employing him as an actor because of his problems?

The only one not seen in the "Eeny, Meeny" shot was Eugene. The "taking it like a Champ" might be supported by his new found machismo. This is just a guess.

The problem with this theory is just that it's not that impactful on the group as a whole. Time will tell.

Aaron was the character that would've missed the least. Fringe member of the group with the least amount of screen time.

Reactions: RU1977
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT