ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Walking Dead

Aside from who bought the farm at the end of this season, I'm wondering about a couple things:

1. Who are the new dudes who crossed paths with Morgan and Carol? Do they have a large, well armed group who'll come to the rescue of Rick and company?

2. Will Eugene's recipe for making bullets fall into the wrong hands?

There's no real magic to making ammo. Really the metal working tools and finding basic ingredients are the issue. Three chemicals to make gunpowder (two really) carbon is everywhere. Need to cast bullets and machine casings - I'd like to see how they solve primers though.

As said on Talking Dead, this episode brought down Rick Grimes. He was totally shaken, lost control for the first time.

Less about who gets killed. Good episode.

And this isn't a series finally, it was a season finale.
Rick has lost control other times in the series but circumstances always swing back for him. He was completely out of control in that first time in Alexandria at the end of the season when Morgan makes his reappearance - all covered in blood and stuff going ape sh!t.

way way way too long of an episode.

when you ratchet up tension, there is a sweet spot for delivering the payoff... they played that out way way way too long. So many times this season things have seemed forced rather than natural. This finale was yet another example.

My guess is Abraham got pounded. "Took it like a man" or whatever Negan said.. that fits Abraham and he had that moment where he said he wanted what Maggie and Glenn have. He changed, he softened.. now he's dead.. maybe.

Looks like Negan has some "taxation without representation" going on. Could be time for a revolution. Carol + Morgan + their new friends.. and all the places that Negan is "taxing".. rise up!

Agree totally on episode length. Sometimes it feels like it's just to sell more ads - I'm sure it is. They could have done the RV roaming around in two or three clips instead of 5 or 6. Also while I liked the ending scene of dramatic build up, it didn't need to be 7 minutes long or whatever it was.

Rick has lost control other times in the series but circumstances always swing back for him. He was completely out of control in that first time in Alexandria at the end of the season when Morgan makes his reappearance - all covered in blood and stuff going ape sh!t.

By losing control, I meant he lost his leadership, like he was totally stripped of his strength, not losing control as in going ape sh!t. He looked like he was weak, like he had no clue what to do.

By losing control, I meant he lost his leadership, like he was totally stripped of his strength, not losing control as in going ape sh!t. He looked like he was weak, like he had no clue what to do.
He did have that sniveling, bowed head, get on your knees look in his eyes - that's for sure. Will be interesting to see how he gets his mojo back.

Agree totally on episode length. Sometimes it feels like it's just to sell more ads - I'm sure it is. They could have done the RV roaming around in two or three clips instead of 5 or 6. Also while I liked the ending scene of dramatic build up, it didn't need to be 7 minutes long or whatever it was.

The whole point of ALL TV shows (including the news) is to sell ads.

With premium cable it is to sell subs.

Public access are the only ones that don't care which is why they need donations.

The real advantage to the show's producers of the hung ending is that they don't have to decide who's leaving the show until just before filming starts for next season. It gives them the time to analyze some of the viewer feedback and potentially tweak the outcome.

I've never read the comics... or any comics, for that matter, but I think that the dudes on the horses could have some real potential.

As said on Talking Dead, this episode brought down Rick Grimes. He was totally shaken, lost control for the first time.

Less about who gets killed. Good episode.

And this isn't a series finally, it was a season finale.
I bet you also thought we'd go 1-0 every week.

The real advantage to the show's producers of the hung ending is that they don't have to decide who's leaving the show until just before filming starts for next season. It gives them the time to analyze some of the viewer feedback and potentially tweak the outcome.

I've never read the comics... or any comics, for that matter, but I think that the dudes on the horses could have some real potential.

I was just talking to my daughter about this this morning. They could change their mind a million times, LOL.

My thoughts...
1. Eugene - developed his character recently, felt like he was coming to a close. Maybe too obvious then.
2. Glenn - the show has a history of cutting off mini conflicts and secondary storylines between main character before they get old (Rick vs Shane, Rick vs Lori). How many more times are Glenn and Maggie going to be separated while the other one is in trouble, only to reunite. Plus, Maggie has lost everyone she's ever loved.

They showed the pov of a character that was in the van, so that would lead me to believe that perhaps it was someone in the van since the attack was shown in the first person. If so, that actually eliminates Eugene, but leaves Glenn and also adds Michonne, Daryl, Rosita. I don't think after beating a woman in the head, Negan would say along the lines of "taking it like a champ...", I feel like it was definitely more a thing to say to a guy. Plus, they probably want women in the camp.
Lastly, another theory I read was how Abraham rises up when Negan approached him. After the first crack from Lucille, the character on the receiving end also rises back up, prompting the "champ" comment.

Well it probably won't be Rick or Karl, Negan said something like you can blink and cry etc, just don't talk or scream. If anyone does then he would feed Karl's remaining eye to Rick.

In Talking Dead it sounded like the cast doesn't even know who gets it..... So they have time to decide....

There's no real magic to making ammo. Really the metal working tools and finding basic ingredients are the issue. Three chemicals to make gunpowder (two really) carbon is everywhere. Need to cast bullets and machine casings - I'd like to see how they solve primers though.
Agree. Primers will be next to impossible to make. Modern rifles and handguns (with a few exceptions) can not handle black powder propelled rounds. Not because of the weapon so much, but due to burn characteristics of black powder. Only lead rounds would work, no jacketed bullets.

If Eugene can figure out how to make smokeless powder/gun cotton, they will still have a primer issue both from a chemical/ingrediant perspective, as well as manufacturing the tiny anvils found in boxer primers. They may get past this if they can scrounge Berdan based shell casings (anvil built into case).

Would probably be reduced to revolvers (.44/.45 cal), bolt rifles and repro rifled muskets.

New World Order

nworeturnbig.jpg
for realz? :chairshot:

Agree. Primers will be next to impossible to make. Modern rifles and handguns (with a few exceptions) can not handle black powder propelled rounds. Not because of the weapon so much, but due to burn characteristics of black powder. Only lead rounds would work, no jacketed bullets.

If Eugene can figure out how to make smokeless powder/gun cotton, they will still have a primer issue both from a chemical/ingrediant perspective, as well as manufacturing the tiny anvils found in boxer primers. They may get past this if they can scrounge Berdan based shell casings (anvil built into case).

Would probably be reduced to revolvers (.44/.45 cal), bolt rifles and repro rifled muskets.

got 2 words for ya..."Poetic License" they'll work their way around that somehow... Even if it winds up being some totally unbelievable, impractical invention

Reactions: LC-88 and miker183
With both of Reedus' shows being on AMC, it makes ZERO sense to kill him off the show that made him immensely popular just to give him more time on a show that might flop in one season.

Ok, I if you want to go down the crazy fan theory road, if you take the audio during the blackout part and pay close attention, you can hear Glenn say Mag.. (which is what he says as he is killed in the comics), you can also hear Maggie scream Glenn and Abraham yell Glenn.

I am sure you can find fans already uploading this audio and making you tube videos dissecting it already (I haven't looked)

I think Glenn makes sense. Maggie loses the baby, she loses Glenn, she has nothing left. This allows her to become the indiscriminate killer we know she can be.

He did have that sniveling, bowed head, get on your knees look in his eyes - that's for sure. Will be interesting to see how he gets his mojo back.

hopefully he doesnt get his mojo back. Quite frankly Negan should be killing off the leader first and then using the rest to do his worker. Doesnt really make sense to keep Rick alive really. At the end of the day Rick is just another version of Negan who is another version of the Governor. They are all doing the same thing. Rick and his group killed many members of the Saviors so I have no problem with Negan killing off Rick's group how he chooses.

Its why I thought it was ridiculous that everyone hated Shane..why? because he realized early on that its about survival. He left that injured guy to die because he needed to and it helped everyone at the farm. Thats why I love the cast of Fear the Walking Dead and the directions its taking, they are learning very early on about the need to kill. Here 6 years later we get Carol who now is freaking out about it

Reactions: DJYoshi
hopefully he doesnt get his mojo back. Quite frankly Negan should be killing off the leader first and then using the rest to do his worker. Doesnt really make sense to keep Rick alive really. At the end of the day Rick is just another version of Negan who is another version of the Governor. They are all doing the same thing. Rick and his group killed many members of the Saviors so I have no problem with Negan killing off Rick's group how he chooses.

Its why I thought it was ridiculous that everyone hated Shane..why? because he realized early on that its about survival. He left that injured guy to die because he needed to and it helped everyone at the farm. Thats why I love the cast of Fear the Walking Dead and the directions its taking, they are learning very early on about the need to kill. Here 6 years later we get Carol who now is freaking out about it

I think the idea of the show is to explore the deep end of the human psyche and not just splash around in the kiddie pool.

you were right, but I can't really hear it
http://comicbook.com/2016/04/04/the-walking-dead-finale-audio-may-offer-clues-to-who-died/
Ok, I if you want to go down the crazy fan theory road, if you take the audio during the blackout part and pay close attention, you can hear Glenn say Mag.. (which is what he says as he is killed in the comics), you can also hear Maggie scream Glenn and Abraham yell Glenn.

I am sure you can find fans already uploading this audio and making you tube videos dissecting it already (I haven't looked)

Listened to the audio - heard nothing like what the subtitles say.

Why are you bringing race into this?

Unless he is making a different joke, it is a reference to the comic. In the comic Negan says that he would be considered racist if he killed Glenn. He then proceeds to pick Glenn in his game of eeny meeny.

As far as Morgan and Carol, I agree with the other poster. They should be people from the "Kingdom". I'm looking forward to them being introduced...I really hope they allow Shiva to exist.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
I think the idea of the show is to explore the deep end of the human psyche and not just splash around in the kiddie pool.

im pretty sure that 6 years into it that no one is normal anymore, for me I am sort of bored of the portrayal that Ricks group is some kind of goody too shoes benevolent group that somehow has greater morals whereas every other group they encounter is evil incarnate...except of course for Alexandria which seemed pretty unbelievable as well

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Where does it say it's six years later. I thought it was a much shorter time period than that. Anyone know for sure?

Where does it say it's six years later. I thought it was a much shorter time period than that. Anyone know for sure?

I've thought about this.

The baby was born.. what? Two years ago? She doesn't look two.

That could just be the production team not really caring, or it could suggest that six years haven't elapsed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT