ADVERTISEMENT

Pernetti named as next commish of AAC

Fitting that Pernetti is apparently taking over the conference that Rutgers would have been stuck in if not for Bob Mulcahy. I also wonder which positions Pernetti will hire Mike Rice and Kyle Flood to fill in his new administration.
Maybe Tim would have sent us the UConn route - independent in football and rejoin the BIG East in basketball with his eye for coaching talent in rice and hill jr (note - pernetti did not hire hill, but wanted to keep him prior to the Pitt baseball incident)

Maybe Tim would have sent us the UConn route - independent in football and rejoin the BIG East in basketball with his eye for coaching talent in rice and hill jr (note - pernetti did not hire hill, but wanted to keep him prior to the Pitt baseball incident)
if Pernetti fired Hill in March, we would have had Fran McCaffery as head coach

Fitting that Pernetti is apparently taking over the conference that Rutgers would have been stuck in if not for Bob Mulcahy. I also wonder which positions Pernetti will hire Mike Rice and Kyle Flood to fill in his new administration.
Yeah- Tim had nothing to do with it…lol
You may not have noticed but Coach Flood has done pretty well since leaving.

This is great for Tim. He really is just a good guy that is easy to like

Yeah- Tim had nothing to do with it…lol
You may not have noticed but Coach Flood has done pretty well since leaving.

This is great for Tim. He really is just a good guy that is easy to like
He gets credit for the BIG, for sure . Bob and Greg did the heavy lifting . Tim carried it across the goal line like any competent administrator would have done at that point

His personell decisions were awful .

He gets credit for the BIG, for sure . Bob and Greg did the heavy lifting . Tim carried it across the goal line like any competent administrator would have done at that point

His personell decisions were awful .
have no problem with that take on it. All 3 were instrumental in getting into the B1G
With the coaches- I wasnt really following MBB at the time but looks like Rice was a bad decision but it still didn't have to go down the way it did. And my God- Julie's follow-up was much worse even though he was one of our own
As for Flood- no $$$ to get anyone with a pulse...and again-I have said it before- If Tim was able to stay on- I think Flood is much better as he would have had support and someone on his side to help guide him. He may have never been good but it would have been much better.

have no problem with that take on it. All 3 were instrumental in getting into the B1G
With the coaches- I wasnt really following MBB at the time but looks like Rice was a bad decision but it still didn't have to go down the way it did. And my God- Julie's follow-up was much worse even though he was one of our own
As for Flood- no $$$ to get anyone with a pulse...and again-I have said it before- If Tim was able to stay on- I think Flood is much better as he would have had support and someone on his side to help guide him. He may have never been good but it would have been much better.
Flood ugh. You may be right that flood would have succeeded if Tim stayed on . But we will never know

Happy Greg is back and team has a pulse

People's heads would explode with the dissolving of the PAC-12 to the PAC2 if Tim gets the American to be a P5 conference. Yeah, it will not happen, but it would be fun to see the reactions. I wish Tim nothing but the best and maximum success. Go get 'em.
damm I was thinking of how California,Sanford and SMU might decide the deal they made with the ACC was too one sided in the conferences favor and Oregon State with Washington State home hunting might just look the AAC's way if Tim could improve the rights money .
SMU left but if Pernetti can make the AAC a good option SMU might decided to come back now instead of playing for free in a conference that might just become another PAC after it's best programs leave for greener pastures .
Cal and Stanford also might want not to be left out again if the ACC becomes a bunch of have nots because the better programs went B1G and SEC while some others found the Bid 12 willing to acept them

Tim might be in the right spot at the right time if/when the ACC implodes

Reactions: Knight Shift
Julie didn't hire Eddie Jordan. Interim AD Carl Kirschner hired Eddie before Julie was hired.

Reactions: RUnTeX
Julie didn't hire Eddie Jordan. Interim AD Carl Kirschner hired Eddie before Julie was hired.
Ahhhh- thank you- like I said, I didnt follow MBB at that point. But have to say- I had seen EJ's wife on RW's of Potomac- and what a B..... and she had Eddie on a string and hated him being in NJ...

Reactions: bac2therac
Tim Pernetti is the greatest athletic director in Rutgers history and should have a statue outside the football stadium that reads “Mr. Big Ten.”

Despite firing this legendary AD, the RU athletic department is still a well-oiled machine.

Rutgers football sells out every single home game and should expand the stadium again immediately.

Rutgers football will win at least 10 games this year.

There, does this mean I’m not a “troll” and can be best pals with this board’s sacred cows?

Last edited:
Reactions: mikemarc1
Tim Pernetti is the greatest athletic director in Rutgers history and should have a statue outside the football stadium that reads “Mr. Big Ten.”

Despite losing this legend, the RU athletic department is still a well-oiled machine.

Rutgers football sells out every single home game and should expand the stadium again immediately.

Rutgers football will win at least 10 games this year.

There, does this mean I’m not a “troll” and can be best pals with this board’s sacred cows?
but your other 199 ID's are trolls...lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT