ADVERTISEMENT

Personal Capital

JayDogSmooth

All Conference
Aug 18, 2006
Just joined the website to track net worth, etc. - I entered all of my pertinent information but can't find where I add my monthly bills (Fios, Electric, Gas, Water) - do I have to do this manually? Also, tried entering my Santendar Bank credit card but it would allow me to do so, is it because it's technically under my wife's social security number? I was able to enter her TD Bank / Ameritrade info in there so I don't know if that's it??

I've used mint.com for years and it works great. If you have having difficulty with PC I would definitely recommend mint.

Personal Capital only tracks banking, credit and investment accounts - it doesn't track bills - for that you'll have to use a separate service. Mint.com just launched a bill tracking/payment service.

As far as your Santander credit card, all you need is the username/password for the account - Personal Capital or Mint dont track accounts via social.

Originally posted by JayDogSmooth:

Just joined the website to track net worth, etc. - I entered all of my pertinent information but can't find where I add my monthly bills (Fios, Electric, Gas, Water) - do I have to do this manually? Also, tried entering my Santendar Bank credit card but it would allow me to do so, is it because it's technically under my wife's social security number? I was able to enter her TD Bank / Ameritrade info in there so I don't know if that's it??
There's a lot of very good financial sites in Russia. Search for "Social Security Number Russia". If it has a .ru extension to the domain name you're on the right track. Enter your information there.

Originally posted by RUScrew85:

There's a lot of very good financial sites in Russia. Search for "Social Security Number Russia". If it has a .ru extension to the domain name you're on the right track. Enter your information there.
If you're implying that Personal Capital is not secure, you are off-base. Do a little research.

Originally posted by FastMJ:

If you're implying that Personal Capital is not secure, you are off-base. Do a little research.
It's still funny.

How many loans and bank accounts do you have that you need a 3rd party (who has access you all your pertinents)? Get a calculator. And if it that many don't worry about your net, worry about paying down the debt.

@Piscataway, that is what my husband and I do. Excel is a good friend, and the pivot tables are wonderful. Just saying. Not going to put my information on some website that I have not heard of before. We are doing just fine.

I am not. I am suggesting alternatives.

Originally posted by Scarletwoman:
@Piscataway, that is what my husband and I do. Excel is a good friend, and the pivot tables are wonderful. Just saying. Not going to put my information on some website that I have not heard of before. We are doing just fine.
I don't really expect you to answer but I would venture to guess that you and Piscataway are in an older demographic.

Originally posted by mktman:

I don't really expect you to answer but I would venture to guess that you and Piscataway are in an older demographic.
I'm 38. Are you saying 'young' mean stupid? I mean putting more of your personal financial information out there than you have to is just retarded.

I also use excel and I'm 38. It is much more flexible in the usage and it is personalized for the user more so than a generic website. It is also more secure too.

Originally posted by Piscataway:

I'm 38. Are you saying 'young' mean stupid? I mean putting more of your personal financial information out there than you have to is just retarded.
Especially when the goal is seemingly to calculate net worth.

stooopid right wing stuff,enjoy!

Originally posted by RBS05:
Originally posted by Piscataway:

Especially when the goal is seemingly to calculate net worth.
...or to see how your entire portfolio is allocated across all investment accounts (you would be amazed at how different your allocation actually is versus what you think it is when you start digging into mutual finds). Or to track expenses associated with all of your different investments.

Does excel do that?

This post was edited on 3/23 1:01 PM by mktman

If you think it, or any other public facing internet website is secure, I suggest you do a little more research. Or maybe your definition of secure means kinda-sorta-secure in that it follows current security best practices but in reality is not any more secure than the tons of websites across all industries that are hacked every day.

Once again I find myself in the uncomfortable position of having to agree w/Mr. Screw.

Crap! I thought it meant the website was associated with Rutgers. No wonder I'm not earning priority points on my donations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT