ADVERTISEMENT

Please mine the Ivy portal kids

RU72

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
I know the Ivy as well as I know Rutgers.It is very good. Look at what Bruner did at Bama,Smith at Columbia,Atkinson at ND.

These kids could be in it and would see much playing time next season at Rutgers:

Choh and Gainey-Brown

Kirkwood-Harvard

Swain and Gabbidon-Yale

Williams-Penn

Friberg-Princeton. He can really shoot.

Without seeing any of the players consistently, are these players able to defend or guard people at this level.....?? How many are going to be able to create their own shot.....??

You would have to provide a haircut for Ivy stats transferring up 2 levels to playing 22 to 23 Power 5/6 games a year.

Swain is the only player I have seen enough of, that would help in the backcourt......RU needs 2 guards next year, ideally bigger guards who can defend, rebound and handle the ball.

I also think even if you take a 1 year grad transfer for 2022-23, RU and Pike needs to recruit better at the HS level. Similar to what RU football is seeing when it comes to the transfer portal, most of the viable targets have a lot of competition and so many of the names are so far out of reach right now, that we are only reading or hearing about the more realistic ones.

I don't think we can cut corners in football or basketball with belief that the transfer portal is more than a 1 year patch....where are the 2022 and 2023 recruits that RU needs to build around??

Without seeing any of the players consistently, are these players able to defend or guard people at this level.....?? How many are going to be able to create their own shot.....??

You would have to provide a haircut for Ivy stats transferring up 2 levels to playing 22 to 23 Power 5/6 games a year.

Swain is the only player I have seen enough of, that would help in the backcourt......RU needs 2 guards next year, ideally bigger guards who can defend, rebound and handle the ball.

I also think even if you take a 1 year grad transfer for 2022-23, RU and Pike needs to recruit better at the HS level. Similar to what RU football is seeing when it comes to the transfer portal, most of the viable targets have a lot of competition and so many of the names are so far out of reach right now, that we are only reading or hearing about the more realistic ones.

I don't think we can cut corners in football or basketball with belief that the transfer portal is more than a 1 year patch....where are the 2022 and 2023 recruits that RU needs to build around??
That's the big question. What's going on with recruiting?

Damn shame we are forced to think about recruiting instead of the last/next game and where we are in relation to the bubble and conference standings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT