ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Does your opinion of Jordan change if Rutgers beats No.10 Maryland

Aggs

All Conference
Jan 19, 2013
Does your opinion of Jordan change if Rutgers beats No.10 Maryland tonight? Feel free to add alternative answers! Lol.

Aggs - My answer would be no, but not for the reason you listed. Same as Wisconsin win doesn't change anything. My no, my opinion doesn't change because Jordan needs to be judged on the players he brings in and that really begins next year.

Originally posted by rubaseball78:
Aggs - My answer would be no, but not for the reason you listed. Same as Wisconsin win doesn't change anything. My no, my opinion doesn't change because Jordan needs to be judged on the players he brings in and that really begins next year.
Came here to post this same thing. Winning or losing tonight to me is irrelevant (though I'd like a win for the seniors and the team generally, as well as the fanbase), but next year is the year Eddie will be more severely judged by.

Originally posted by RutgersRaRa:

Came here to post this same thing. Winning or losing tonight to me is irrelevant (though I'd like a win for the seniors and the team generally, as well as the fanbase), but next year is the year Eddie will be more severely judged by.
+1

NO....it would be a nice feel good win but not really representative of any progress made plus if a win does tonight it will be on the backs of two players who are not here next year

The needle on my Eddie Jordan meter doesn't have only 2 possible locations. Although the needle is currently very close to the NO location a win certainly moves it a hair in the right direction.

Eddie is doing a lot of things wrong, but that doesn't mean he can't learn from his mistakes and get better. If a win comes off the heels of throwing the team out of practice it could show perhaps things can be different in the future and maybe he found a way for 72 hours to connect with the team and get them to play harder and smarter.

if the team beats Maryland AND then wins a game in the Big 10 tourney against Nebby/NW then that's progress...if they beat Maryland on senior night and then lose to one of those schlubs in the Big 10 11/14 game then no that's not really progress

Compete on the defensive end for 40 minutes, play fast and together on the offensive end, and win 51% of 50/50 balls and it is progress in my book.

Final score and a W or L is close to irrelevant in the stage we are at with the program.

Originally posted by RutgersRaRa:

What they said...

Originally posted by Aggs:
Does your opinion of Jordan change if Rutgers beats No.10 Maryland tonight? Feel free to add alternative answers! Lol.
No he's a good coach regardless of this game.

If I judged Mark Turgeon on the same criteria of his record vs. Top 10 teams in his first two years when he got the job that would be wildly unfair.

No-- win or lose it is simply unfair to judge him based on 1 year with a team that simply has little to no chance of being competitive in the B1G night in and out.

It's about the players. We don't have 'em. It's his primary function to bring some in.

Right now, I kind of ambivalent about the whole thing. Kind of funny that the same team that may well set a record for continuous losses also had the program's biggest win over a ranked team. I think this team is just not inhabited by the right players. They clearly don't show much affinity for the game or playing as a team.

I agree that Jordan's legacy will be determined by what he is able to accomplish with his own players.

Originally posted by Greene Rice FIG:
Compete on the defensive end for 40 minutes, play fast and together on the offensive end, and win 51% of 50/50 balls and it is progress in my book.

Final score and a W or L is close to irrelevant in the stage we are at with the program.
Agree with the first part. Not sure how I feel about the second notion. It would be nice to win tonight, and then take the 1st game of the conference tourney. But effort & cohesiveness on both ends of the floor is what I'll be looking for the most.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT